“Fairfield Inn at Broadway at the Beach”

Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach
Ranked #73 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Overall it was a very good stay. The room was clean and comfortable. We had no issues with any noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. We even had a great view of the shopping area. We only stayed one night and did not use any of the amenities or the breakfast they offer. My only issues would be: 1. It is technically close enough to walk over to the shopping area but I missed the part that you have to walk across a highway and large parking lot to get there. When I asked if there was a shuttle or anything the only response was that they would call a cab for us. This leads to my last issue. 2. Customer Service-not great. I had to call to get directions when I got to the area because I just could not find it. The woman who answered seemed like I was bothering her and did not want to help me find them. I told her where we were and she kept giving the same answer about what they were across from. If I knew the place she was across from I would already have found them. At that point after we did find them and saw how far they were from where we wanted to be I asked if we could cancel our reservation. Again the same woman gave a no answer with a brief "there may be a fee to cancel" and only when I was checking in did she give an explanation to why (which I completely understood and had no problem with). At no time during our stay did anyone greet us or seem friendly at all. So-great room, not so great customer service. Probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NisaandCindy

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Jacuzzi didn't work, leaked on people below us, room was not clean and smelled bad. We were told by a young staff member to come down stairs and they would move us to another room. Not another room like the one I paid 160 for but a room with a king for 90. I was not happy they didn't even apologize for the inconvenience. Stay away.......far away! Wish I could post my picture of the chair and ottoman disgusting!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LYN4LIFE
Reviewed 17 February 2014

stayed at this hotel from Feb. 11-Feb.16 during our recent ice storm and electric outage. Found out after our stay that hotels were giving BIG discounts for locals during the outage. We could have stayed at Holiday Inn Express next door for $35.00 per night..along with many others on the beach at this rate or close to it....even on the ocean front. I do realize this complaint is "after" the fact..but when I called to inquire about this and point out that we were given the wrong reciept...for the room next door..which was charged $49.00 to our $84.00..was told they were in a group to get this rate..and that we did get a discount too...we should have paid $119.00 normally so $84.00 was a discount. This still upsets me ....especially since we are a Marriott Rewards Member..The service at this hotel is great and everyone is very nice...Just think when circumstances are an emergency, rates could have been better..will think twice next time and may-be use Hilton...we are rewards members there also...or may-be Holiday Inn Express..or an ocean front hotel...My husband travels a LOT and his company uses Marriott...might have them look into other chains..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan S
SChappy, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We promise to always.."Give you service that makes you want to return" I do apologize for our error of you receiving another guests invoice. I assure you further training will occur to prevent this from happening in the future. The reason that guest received a rate of $49.00 is because it is a contracted rate with their company. We were charging a rate of $84.00 the night you stayed. I will be happy to refund the difference to your card today. I apologize for the incovienance and we appreciate your business. We hope you choose to stay with us in the future. Sincerely, S. Westover-AGM

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is my second time around in this property. I notice that they have upgraded the carpet in the lobby and in the rooms. The appearance is impeccable , rooms are very clean and probably larger than any other Fairfield property I have been in. Very conveniently located near shopping centers, restaurants and entertainment. Don't hesitate to give this place a try, it is well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Good breakfast setup; nice, clean rooms. Mattress was soft and springy but still fine for the stay. Great value for the money. Would def stay again. Seemed to be quite a few soccer teams and dance teams there during stay , but the breakfast stafg was still able to keep up with all the traffic.

• Stayed: February 2014
SChappy, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home during their stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here New Years Eve. Got a package deal with room, tickets to four clubs at Celebrity Square at Broadway at the Beach (which is across the street so you could walk back if needed), extended breakfast hours and a late checkout of 2pm. The room was very nice, the décor was edgy and very modern but had a vintage feel to it. I would highly recommend this property if you want to stay close to Broadway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SChappy, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I spend 100+ nights per year in motel/hotel rooms and travel to Myrtle Beach regularly. As a Marriott Rewards member; however honest, I wish my review was more positive.
The Good Stuff:
Reasonable rate booked direclty thru Marriott.com
All front desk people I encountered were friendly and professional.
Public areas and rooms look recently updated, clean and everything functional.
Areas of Disappointment:
I experienced 2 rooms. Updated carpet, lighting and large flat screen. However old, dark, low-profile furniture looks like something from the early 80's.
Rooms smelled of strong industrial cleaner and mildew.
Rooms are loud. Little or no sound proofing. Normal conversations and bodily functions will be heard thru walls and room doors.
Maid service is lacking. 2 nights trash not emptied, discarded shampoo bottles left on floor and visable filth on carpet not vacuumed.
Breakfast was a joke! No forks one morning, ran out of fruit salad a couple days, disgusting black/rotten bananas everyday, no fresh baked anything, no hot "real" oatmeal (only instant).
At one porint I got so frustrated i complained to the breakfast lady with no resolve.
No on-site gym.

In Conclusion: This property isn't totally bad. It just doesn't deliver on the consistant standards I've come to expect from other Fairfield Inns/Marriott properties and fails when compared to any Hampton Inn...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for taking time to post your review. I am sorry you did not have a good experience and please know we do not take your feedback lightly. You comments help us know our weakness and I assure you, we strive to make each and every guest feel at home during their stay with us. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.