Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach
Ranked #86 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Still waiting on my rollaway that I was told at checkin would be sent to our room at Fairfield Inn Broadway. I was told to wait till morning. I need tonight!! Lady at desk stated she came to work at 3:30 and can't help thar I would need to speak with person that checked us in, in the morning. I asked for manager and again I was told to wait till morning.

I also noticed all responses to reviews on this site are pretty generic. I am Marriott Gold Elite rewards member and used my points to stay here. I just expected better service from a Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank kwgodfrey
SChappy, Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
You indicated in your response that you had an issue with receiving a rollaway for your room. I do apologize for any confusion there may have been. If you are still in hotel please come to the desk and ask for the AGM and I will assist you personally. We do have a limited number of rollaways for the hotel since we do not charge for them. However this does not excuse the fact you were promised a rollaway and none was provided for you.
We do appreciate all our Marriott members. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Close to the airport (4 miles, no shuttle though) is a plus. Literally right across the street from this attraction called "Broadway at the Beach" An array of restaurants/shops/attractions/rides/marina activities/aquarium etc. All of these businesses surround a cool man made marina where you can par take in banana boat rides, zip lines and they have the bubble attraction, you get in it and walk on water, and loads of other stuff. This place is a must for families as you can spend a whole day here and get your wow factor on and the kids will hit the pillows and be out like a light when you get back to the hotel. The hotel and Broadway on the Beach is about a mile from "Myrtle Beach". And you should know, that if you want to do the "Skywheel" and walk along the Myrtle Beach "boardwalk" where all the funky, gritty, quirky and fun stuff is, you must position yourself from 1st street to 15th street, anything north of there is sand and the back entrances to the resorts that populate the beach. This is also where all the historic old time hotels are too. Back to the hotel.I'll try to be quick. Maria the manager and Crenesha the front desk person were the best. Welcoming, friendly and down right cool and easy going. I DID have that musty wet smell and wet carpet as indicated by a previous review: but I called up and Maria moved me to another room in an hour. This room I found out had issues that would crop up that I deemed tolerable and the the staff could handle after I left ( tub that would not drain quickly and a leaky faucet on the wash basin). Oh, those desk lamps at your work table? Trash them .....please!!! The old fashion desk lamps will do in my opinion, or get some that have articulating heads not static!!! Breakfast is always good and coffee flowing at all times. Nice duck/geese/turtle pond out back ( could use a little clean up from the knuckleheads that through stuff in it) and a CVS right down the block. Fudruckers and the Skywheel were a blast. Went to Tanger outlet for some great buys. Go to Dirty Don's (see my review) slurp some oysters and wash them down with your favorite beverage!! Go. Stay. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room facing Broadway at the Beach/entrance parking lot so you can see the nightl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAYTRAVEL1958
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you ever leave anything at the hotel on accident, they will not give it back!! One of their employees will steal it. I accidently forgot my laptop in one of the rooms and i could not get it back. They said they would investigate the situation and call me back and they didnt.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Henrri A
SChappy, Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
You indicated in your response that you did not receive good customer service while at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I have discussed the issue with the representative that checked you in. Further training has been implemented.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Paducah, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Room had a musky, wet smell almost knocked us over. We had to go buy air fresheners just to be able to sit inside. The bathroom sink would not drain, reported, still unusable. A/C rattled.. Poor Room!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa W
SChappy, Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach.

You indicated in your response that you had an issue with the room smelling musty. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Therefore I will be discussing this room with the Operations Manager to rectify any issues in the room.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here recently for a short break with some friends. The hotel was perfect for what we needed! Great location as it was easy walking distance to broadway. The rooms were large clean and very comfortable. The pool was lovely and you could easily spend a day there. There was a free breakfast which was really good. A good selection of food and it was topped up accordingly. The staff were very polite and friendly and next to the check in desk they had daily free goodies (cookies, shampoo samples etc). All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed here for 3 nights with a couple of friends I'm travelling with. It was just what we wanted - perfect location, good price, clean & comfortable rooms and friendly staff. There was also a free breakfast which is perfect for wanting to save money when possible. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for anyone, both friends couples and families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just checked in to this Fairfield (6/20/14). Their website advertised "stay energized at our fitness center and pool". There is NO FITNESS CENTER on site. Absolutely false advertising. According to the desk person, the fitness center is "a couple of miles or so away". She wasn't even sure the exact location. Will not stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SChappy, Manager at Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I have verified that our site states " that we provide free passes to a full service gym " The gym is located 1 mile from our hotel. I do apologize if there as any confusion regarding this matter.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.