My wife and I were invited to attend a time share presentation for Hilton Grand Vacations. We were offered perks like reduced room rates, Hilton Honors points and a voucher for future use. Sounded like a good deal for a few hours of our time. This was back in February or March, I don't really remember when.
We were given a choice of two hotels, one on the beach and the other was at Broadway at the Beach. After reading the reviews, we chose the Broadway. It was $100 a night for three nights. Not long after we committed to our visit, we got a call that the room would be $120. extra because of the season. They didn't realize it would be summer when we originally booked? We thought it was still a good deal so we agreed.
As Hilton Honors members we always book a non-smoking room with a king bed. We checked in last week to our room with " a nice view of the pool". Only you couldn't see the pool unless you put your face to the window and looked hard right. Also the room had two queen beds.
My wife called the desk to complain and was told that this is the room type given to people here for the time share presentation. They acted like they had no say in the matter, they kept blaming things on "Hilton". I thought you were Hilton.
Other than the bed, the room was fine. It was clean and comfy as we have come to expect from Hampton Inn. Our room did face Broadway and there was noticeable noise from the rides.
After having dinner and having gone once around Broadway we were sorry we hadn't taken the beach front location. Unless you have kids there isn't much to do but shop, eat or see a movie. And if you have kids I could see it costing a small fortune to keep them entertained. We tried going to the beach but it's too far to walk and parking was non-existent.
We ended up staying only two of our three nights. We were told if we wanted a refund we'd have to take it up with, you guessed it, "Hilton". We don't want a refund, no hard feelings, Myrtle Beach is just not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step outside Hampton Inn(R) hotel in Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach and you are in the middle of the festive streetscape of Broadway at the Beach, the most popular destination along South Carolina's Grand Strand. The Hampton Inn(R) hotel in Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach is the only hotel located directly on the Broadway at the Beach complex and is located just two miles from the ocean, a half-mile from the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, and only a few minutes from the Myrtle Beach International Airport and Coastal Carolina University. Browse over one hundred specialty shops, restaurants, museums, and attractions including Ripley's Aquarium just outside the door of our Myrtle Beach hotel. Soak in some rays or partake in a world of watersports on the famous beaches, located only a couple miles away. Rev things up at the Myrtle Beach Speedway, or slow things down with a few rounds of golf on one of the many courses within minutes of our Myrtle Beach hotel. Just minutes away you will find some of Myrtle Beach's other great attractions such as the Cal Ripken Experience, Pirates Voyage, the Palace Theatre, Myrtle Waves, The Carolina Opry, and The Market Common. Take a trip back in time at the Pavilion Nostalgia Park next door for a taste of Myrtle Beach's past. Ask the friendly team at our Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway at the Beach hotel for more tips on the area as we are committed to exceeding your expectations. For pleasure, adventure, or relaxation, come down soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Broadway At the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Broadway Beach Inn
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn Hotel Broadway