“I love it here!!!”

Ranked #11 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“I love it here!!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I feel the need to review again, as I read other reviews there are so many nit picky people out there. My family is an original owner from before the property was built. We purchased site unseen and have seen many changes both good & bad over the years. This years' confirmation of our visit with our allotment of star options and a special 5 day/4 night purchase was a challenge. We have star options for a total of 2 7-day stays in prime season. One is in July & one is in September. We "rented" our July week to an friend. When we made the reservation they put them in the "newer" section which requires more start options to stay. When we made the reservation for them they never mentioned that they were putting them in the "newer" section. When we went to book our week with the special extra days is when we found out that we were short star options for our 7 days stay. It was a bit aggravating and confusing. Until it was all said and done we finally were able to figure out a 10 day stay instead of the original 12 days stay because we were short on options. And we had to change room mid week from a one bedroom villa to our two bedroom villa. BUT the staff made the switch VERY ACCOMMODATING. We were able to stay in the one room until the two room was available. They phone us to see if we were ready to change rooms. Someone brought our new keys to our room. They told us at check in they would make every attempt to keep us in the same building. Not only did they keep us in the same building, we stayed on the same floor. It was a very smooth transition.

We did have a few issues, but they were addressed. We were missing some kitchen items which they restocked, we didn't have linens for our sleeper sofa and we did find a spot of what looked like blood on the duvet cover but everything was replaced or supplied within fifteen minutes of calling guest services. We also had an issue with our villa door not closing properly and maintenance came and fixed it before my father got back from walking over to guest services to notify them of the problem. That is fast service!!!!

I've been reading about people complaining out bugs and I was browsing through pictures of the outside and spiders webs and bugs. I hate to tell the person who claimed the picture that was posted was a bed bug, because it truly wasn't. Spiders, webs and bugs outside are expected. I don't think any resort has the staff to keep up with all the buildings that there isn't going to be a bug or spider or a spider web outside somewhere. Our building was power washed while we were there. And we've been there at other times when power washing was going on.

And for the people that comment on the furnishings being dated. They just remodeled the first 8 or so buildings in the last two years. Money doesn't grow on trees.

Sometimes I think people just right reviews to hear themselves complain. But I would like to offer two suggestions. There is a lack of towel bars in the bathrooms to dry towels and wash clothes. My other suggestion is a place to dry bathing suits and towels. A option to "Borrow" a portable drying rack from the resort. You would borrow the rack by placing a deposit on your credit card that you present at check in. When the rack is returned at checkout your deposit is returned. This might be an option because if they were just placed in the villas they may disappear.

See ya next year!!!!

3 Thank AmyR043978
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hello and thank You for completing your review on your stay with us. We value the opinions and suggestions of our owners and members of the Starwood family. We are happy to hear that your guests and you family enjoyed the property and your visit here. We have a great staff here and are happy to know that they delivered once again. We have passed along your suggestions about the room design tour our design team and we thank you. We are looking forward to your family visiting ours here at Sheraton Broadway Plantation next year. Thank You

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
San Jose
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in a 2-bedroom villa with our three children. The rooms were attractive, large and convenient, though the fit and finish was a little dated and not as high end as the Westin properties I've stayed in.

The facilities are very good, with lots of swimming options, a bar/food shack, games and a movie night. The landscaping and outdoor spaces are nice with ponds and courtyards between all the buildings. I wouldn't say the exteriors were beautiful, but pleasant enough.

We did get talked into attending their free breakfast because the woman at the desk told us it would only be 45 minutes. Of course it wasn't. Our kids were bored out of their minds (even in the kids game room) and we were annoyed. We had no intention of buying anything. We just wanted a quick update on what changes Starwood had made since we purchased our Hawaii property in 2008. Unfortunately, we couldn't seem to get out of the room once we went in. But, we should have known better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenn_on_the_coast
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Myrtle Beach. We appreciate the comments of our guests. we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities we have and the property as a whole. We do apologize for the experience you encountered on your update. We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Department and we hope this experience did not take away from the good time you had. Thank You
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for what was billed as a "Three Day - Two Night Package." Our check-in time was 3pm on Tuesday and our check-out time was 10am on Thursday. In my opinion, this was not accurate, especially with the 10am check-out time. I've never stayed at ANY hotel or similar with a check-out time so early, most are at noon. Yes, that's a big deal, as we both work 2nd shift jobs and are accustomed to sleeping late. My wife is a timeshare owner at this resort and her time allotted to stay there is week 1 through 9 but received a special offer from Sheraton for this package on the condition that she and her companion (me, her husband) attend an "update" which was supposed to consist of a video showing and would not last more than an hour. That was an outright lie, and we were never shown a video. Our appointment for the update was at 1045am and we were seated and we waited for 22 minutes before being seen. Our so-called update lasted 2 1/2 hours and it was an ordeal consisting of extremely high-pressured sales tactics attempting to sell us another timeshare or "upgrade" our existing timeshare. We repeatedly told the representative that we did not need nor want another timeshare and that we were satisfied with what we had. It didn't make any difference, he kept hammering away at us. Finally, I reached the end of my patience, because I didn't want to spend what little time we had sitting in an office being brow-beaten when I really wanted to go relax by the pool and I walked out. My wife told me later that after I left the sales rep told her that she could "borrow the down payment from her mother" and also he "could not understand how she could afford the down payment four years ago but couldn't afford it now." Finally, we were handed off to his supervisor for us to sign a document stating that we had been offered an upgrade but had turned it down. She was fairly cordial at first, but when we turned down her offer to buy "points" for 5 cents each, she was visibly angered. Needless to say, we both breathed a collective sigh of relief when this ordeal was over with. Overall, the facility was nice, but the service was a bit lack-luster. We were at the pool and I wanted a cocktail (Black Russian) from the bar/grill. The bartender told me that he did not have any Kahlua because it was close to the end of the season. Hard to believe, from a Sheraton resort. When we checked out on Thursday at 10am I stopped at the coffee urn in the lobby to get a cup of coffee before we left. The urn was nearly empty, and I only got half of an 8 ounce cup. Again, not in keeping with a resort by Sheraton. In conclusion, this place is a nice place to stay, but it falls short of the Sheraton reputation for excellence. Neither my wife nor myself appreciated one bit the high-presssure "update," if that's what they choose to call it, and although it didn't totally destroy our mini-vacation, it certainly cast a pall over it.

Room Tip: Try to get any floor but the first floor, lots of pedestrian traffic, and if you can, stay away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim M
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor. Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing, satisfying vacation experiences, yet in some cases, mistakes can occur. Rest assured, we will do an internal follow up with the staff to prevent issues such as you have mentioned, from occurring in the future. We want to apologize if these issues made your stay an unpleasant experience. We thank you for your comments and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Thank You
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 September 2013

First off, this is a Sheraton ownership resort. I was able to get my villa almost free as a guest of friend of mine being an timeshare/owner. The place itself is very nice. The kitchen area is nice including a table to eat and plates utensils etc.., if you bring your own food you can avoid paying the $$$ for the local restaurants. I was only there two days so I could not explore all they had to offer. I did notice they had events such movies nights and such. They also had discounts tickets available from most of the local attraction which you could purchase directly from them.

The only thing I took of one point for is location. They are close to the local attractions but it would be several block walk the beach (the real attraction for me). Myrtle is pretty good about parking, if you can find any (go to the beach early!) but a closer location would have been nice.

3 Thank Dan N
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete you review and for choosing to stay with us. We glad to hear that you enjoyed eveything we have to offer and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Spent 3 nights here over Labor Day weekend. The place was crowded but staff managed well. There are 2 bigger pools and 2 kiddie pools with a spray park and lazy river. There was a pool bar that served drinks and some sandwiches and snacks (only place to get food on the grounds). There is also a kids activity center. The pool was clean as were the rooms, but it could use a little updating because the beds were kind of tough on the back. Having a kitchen with some utensils was helpful to keep from eating out every night. Each room has a screened in balcony as well. We were about 6-8 blocks from the beach and there was public parking as well. We were also only 4 blocks from the Broadway that had a ton of shops and restaurants. This place was perfect for a family to stay for multiple nights with ample room.

Room Tip: We were in building 20, which was the furthest building from the pool and guest services.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank You for taking the time to complete the review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us here at Sheraton. We are happy to hear that your family had a great time with us here and that you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

If you don't mind not being on the beach this is a nice place. It's a huge resort, very clean, friendly staff. There is a nice pool and a second pool leads into the lazy river, a watermark with lots of activities ( sprayers, ropes, slides etc) a kiddie pool, and several hot tubs. The regular pool joins the indoor pool. The only complaints I have are the walls are very thin and we had a room that joined the room next to us whichever it worse. We could hear them talking and they had a toddler who never stopped screaming and it was as if they were in the same room...that was very annoying and they slaws doors a lot and shook the walls in our room. Also we were on ground floor and they have the toilets that flush very fast and loud so when people above us flushed it sounded like the toilet was coming through the floor and the water sounded like it was running down our walls. Other than those few things it is a very nice resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank You for taking the time to complete your review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you choose to stay with us agin in the future. Thank You
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great resort with tons of amenities -- you don't even have to leave the property! Stayed for a week with family -- 2 boys ages 10 and 13 -- we were never bored!!!

Water park for the kids, lazy river, indoor pool, outdoor pool, 3 hot tubs, billiards tables, shuffleboard courts, basketball courts, sand volleyball court, a miniature golf course, tennis courts and an all day activities department!!!!!

The girls in the activities room were awesome and were great with the kids and the adults too! They offered 2 nights for the kids to get out -- drop off at 5 and pick up at 8 or 9 -- they gave them dinner, a movie and lots of fun activities -- made for nice time alone for parents!

Tie dying was awesome and the shirts came out so good we did it twice!!! Our shirts look professionally done and we did them ourselves with the help of the activity girls!

They have a desk that you can arrange trips through and get reduced prices on attractions etc, they were very helpful!

The villas were beautiful and we needed nothing!!! It was so nice to be able to have full sized refrigerators, stove, microwave so we could go get some groceries and have a meal or two at the resort.

The grounds are beautiful -- check out the fish and turtles in the ponds -- they will eat right out of your hands!

Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted and acknowledged. The water aerobics classes were very fun and the instructors are very down to earth!

A++++ Cant wait to go back!!!!!

Room Tip: higher floors less noise -- some over look pool/water park area
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kellyneish
Hello and it sounds like your family had a blast!!!!!!!! We are happy to hear that we had everything that made your family vacation great. We are happy that you have you have found your home away from home and you favorite place to stay in Myrtle Beach. We hope to have your family stay with our family for many years to come. Thank You