I feel the need to review again, as I read other reviews there are so many nit picky people out there. My family is an original owner from before the property was built. We purchased site unseen and have seen many changes both good & bad over the years. This years' confirmation of our visit with our allotment of star options and a special 5 day/4 night purchase was a challenge. We have star options for a total of 2 7-day stays in prime season. One is in July & one is in September. We "rented" our July week to an friend. When we made the reservation they put them in the "newer" section which requires more start options to stay. When we made the reservation for them they never mentioned that they were putting them in the "newer" section. When we went to book our week with the special extra days is when we found out that we were short star options for our 7 days stay. It was a bit aggravating and confusing. Until it was all said and done we finally were able to figure out a 10 day stay instead of the original 12 days stay because we were short on options. And we had to change room mid week from a one bedroom villa to our two bedroom villa. BUT the staff made the switch VERY ACCOMMODATING. We were able to stay in the one room until the two room was available. They phone us to see if we were ready to change rooms. Someone brought our new keys to our room. They told us at check in they would make every attempt to keep us in the same building. Not only did they keep us in the same building, we stayed on the same floor. It was a very smooth transition.
We did have a few issues, but they were addressed. We were missing some kitchen items which they restocked, we didn't have linens for our sleeper sofa and we did find a spot of what looked like blood on the duvet cover but everything was replaced or supplied within fifteen minutes of calling guest services. We also had an issue with our villa door not closing properly and maintenance came and fixed it before my father got back from walking over to guest services to notify them of the problem. That is fast service!!!!
I've been reading about people complaining out bugs and I was browsing through pictures of the outside and spiders webs and bugs. I hate to tell the person who claimed the picture that was posted was a bed bug, because it truly wasn't. Spiders, webs and bugs outside are expected. I don't think any resort has the staff to keep up with all the buildings that there isn't going to be a bug or spider or a spider web outside somewhere. Our building was power washed while we were there. And we've been there at other times when power washing was going on.
And for the people that comment on the furnishings being dated. They just remodeled the first 8 or so buildings in the last two years. Money doesn't grow on trees.
Sometimes I think people just right reviews to hear themselves complain. But I would like to offer two suggestions. There is a lack of towel bars in the bathrooms to dry towels and wash clothes. My other suggestion is a place to dry bathing suits and towels. A option to "Borrow" a portable drying rack from the resort. You would borrow the rack by placing a deposit on your credit card that you present at check in. When the rack is returned at checkout your deposit is returned. This might be an option because if they were just placed in the villas they may disappear.
See ya next year!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation offers all of your at-home amenities needed to accommodate family members or just the two of you. All villas feature private balconies or patios, fully equipped kitchens or well-equipped kitchenettes, washers and dryers, and unlimited Wireless High-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach Sc
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort
- Myrtle Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Broadway Myrtle Beach