First of all, I booked 5 rooms for a July 4th family get together. Thankfully, they all ended up in the same building. I did not know that there are different sized one bedroom units. The ones given to me were the small ones. No balcony or porch. Resort would not even do an upgrade for one of the 5 units as a courtesy. Wish there were king beds, not queen!
Secondly, after an 8 hour drive we arrived at 2:30PM. Check in was at 4:00. Our room was not ready until just after 5:00PM. This is a huge place, and they must have staffing issues. Effectively, we lost the first day, and since check out is at 10:00AM, you also lose the last day. Our 7 day vacation, quickly became 5 days.
Security was excellent. Every vehicle has to drive by a live guard. Elevators were super slow and HOT.
No breakfast opportunities exist on the property. There was a pool bar, only open for lunch. Kitchen did have a full size refrigerator which was nice.
Our rooms was really not ready when we got to it. We had no TP, Kleenex, no sheets for the sleeper sofa and no trash can for the kitchen. Eventually these things arrived. The TV's are nice, but they operate in slow motion. They were hard to turn on, would not remember the last station, the remote had to be aimed in a certain way, and I would now never buy a Phillips TV!
The place is nice and quiet and the pool area was great, especially for the kids. The house rules explicitly say "no saving chairs", but nobody enforces this so the early birds grabbed the best pool chairs and tables with a towel, then didn't show up until late morning or early afternoon. They need to either get rid of the rule or enforce it. The pool music was too loud as the tables with umbrellas surround it. Staff did lower it, but then others raised it and it became an annoying game. There needs to be more umbrellas and/or shade area for adults.
The resort is perfectly located and convenient to the big Mall, the airport and the Broadway entertainment area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation offers all of your at-home amenities needed to accommodate family members or just the two of you. All villas feature private balconies or patios, fully equipped kitchens or well-equipped kitchenettes, washers and dryers, and unlimited Wireless High-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Broadway Myrtle Beach