“Don't even think about it.”

Sands Beach Club Resort
Ranked #125 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed 6 days,only because we paid in advance. The room was terribly dated,filthy,and nothing worked properly. The maid came in and threw towels on the table and that was all she did. I asked her to make the bed and was told that they only do that if they want to. I told her that it was made the first day and she said that the other girl must have wanted do it. No one touched the room again until I asked them to PLEASE cleane the tub. She sprayed cleaner in it and that was all she did. Our anniversary has been ruined. Do Not Waste Your Money.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia65Maybe

Reviewed 21 August 2012

The resort itself could use a some sprucing up, when we first arrived one of the elevators was down and it took us about 30 minutes to finally get everything to our condo. It was fixed the next day. The smell from the garbage compacter was disgusting. There was also several palmetto bugs (aka roaches) around the outside areas. The worst of it though was the drains in the bathrooms, you couldn't even take a shower without getting ankle deep water. The condo itself was extremely nice and very well maintained...kudos to the owners of 926. As far as CONDOLUX rentals went, the rates they gave were very good but don't expect any help with unforeseen issues. Our car had to go into the shop on the day of departure and they had no sympathy to help us with the delay getting out & the keys back. They told us to take a bus back to drop off our keys (with 2 kids and all our lugguage). I only asked to stay an extra to get our car back. Other than that the location is great, the staff at Sands is friendly and the pool is awesome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sueki3
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Sands Beach Club is a building of privately owned condo and timeshare units. The condition of the condo you book is a reflection of the owners. They range from very good to not so good. We have stayed in units 228 and 115 over the years and found them to above average, and we have had few problems. However, if there are issues, they should be relayed to rental company so they can be addressed. This build is also confusing in that there are several companies managing the rental units. We used Smith Rentals. The on site company at least for the summer is Island Resorts, but they will not help anyone that they do not directly rent to. There is also a TimeShare office on the first floor, that can answer questions, but they only deal with timeshares. All that said, the property is at the end of the road, has a great location right on the beach, is close to Ocean Annies Beach Bar, has tennis courts, exercise room, basketball, and swiming pools inside and outside. If you get a good condo, I think you will enjoy the place. At least we have over the years, including summer of 2012.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in review we have stayed in 228 and 115 over the years, we request these when we go b...
Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank picker70
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We arrived late and had no linens for the pull out couch...called about this and the staff said sorry we can't help you tonight. The condo looked like or was decorated in the 80s and had not been touched since. There was a dirty stained pair of men's underwear in the corner of the master bedroom. The microwave and the coffee maker did not work. We asked to be moved to the sands resort for the remainder of the stay and were moved, but had to waste an entire day of vacation moving our stuff. Don't waste your money, there are many other nice places in myrtle beach to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Beachnp
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

This place was a huge part of my childhood and is one of my favorite places. Every year since I was born I have gone to this hotel with my extended family and spent the week in myrtle beach. The staff is very friendly the pool is awesome, it's right on the beach, the tennis courts are awesome and they are very relaxed. I will never forget going down with my aunt and uncle to play football on the beach at 11:45 at night.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were assigned unit 1019, checked in and stayed exactly 20 minutes. The place is a total dump. Sofa was torn and stained, the carpeting was old and dirty, the entire condo smelled of smoke and mold, several cabinets in the kitchen were broken and did not close. This unit is in sorry need of renovation and should not be rented. The resort was nice and refunded our money on the spot, no questions asked.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa_W_11767
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My friend and I just spent a week there. After seeing photos on-line I was expecting, at least, a nice, clean, condo. What we got was a dirty, falling apart, in need of renovating, condo. There might have been pretty, and clean condos in the complex, but we didn't get one of those. Everything was dated, walls needed painting, inside closets and bathroom cabinets were awful. One hairdryer was broken, the other one kept falling off the wall, holder wasn't bolted in. Ice maker didn't work, one toilet leaked, sofas dirty looking, carpet needed cleaning, shower rod fell on my head first day. One bathtub would barely drain. Plastic chairs on balcony were dirty, table stained. Only good part was view was nice and the location for shopping and restaurants was good. The owner should be made to renovate this condo before renting it again. I wasn't going to spend my one week at the ocean tracking down the condo rental people to come check out my complaints, since I'm sure they wouldn't have anyway. We made the best of it, left it better than we found it and I decided to read carefully reviews in the future, and probably go back to Destin where I've rented some good, beautiful condos. I felt betrayed and embarassed for taking a friend into that situation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends