This is the second time we have stayed at Ocean Forest Villas through the Sands Resort. I have read so many bad reviews I just had to write one myself. I think people need to detail exactly where they stayed. The villas only have up to a third floor, and many of the bad reviews sound like they are from the hotel, not the villas, BIG difference!! We arrived early and they had our room ready. These are privately owned condos and ours was very nice just as the pics on the website shows. 2 bedrooms 2 baths, full kitchen with microwave and dishwasher. The room was clean and fresh towels were provided daily and the beds were made. Extra Blankets in the closet and plenty of dishes and cooking utensils in the kitchen. The ocean is just a short walk across Ocean Blvd and they have 2 pools to use also. The one pool seemed to have a problem with the filter and was not as clean as I would've liked. This was my only real issue with our stay. We did go to the other pool which was recently updated and it was better. They also have 2 large hot tubs for relaxing. The area is perfect, not too crowded at the pool or on the beach. Many of the other areas that are actual "hotels" are extremely crowded. We opted for the breakfasts for an additional fee, 2 kids eat free with purchase of adults.This was about a mile and a half away from the villas. It is not anything extravagant but was well worth it for the cost. It was a buffet with an option to order omelets and bagels etc. We didn't do the free waterpark this time as it is pretty small and geared toward young children. (We did go on our last vacation) Beds were comfy and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. This is a great family place to stay. Really enjoyed it and we are looking at purchasing one of these condos. My advice would be to stay at the Ocean Forest Villas, not the hotel!! Sounds like there is a big difference between the two!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Club Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Hotel Myrtle