“Room 511 is the worst!”

Ranked #127 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Room 511 is the worst!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This room is costing us $200/night and it is a neglected, moldy mess! The furniture is mismatched, the walls have old dark wood with white painted over SOME places (not professional job) and the bed has an old mattress. The kitchen is NASTY! I don't even want to sit on the bed much less sleep on it. WARNING! This place sucks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HeartsonFire19
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

We are unhappy to hear that you were displeased with the condition of the unit.

We have brought this to the attention of the homeowner in hopes they will do some immediate upgrades and improvements.

We do hope you will return to Sands Beach Club as we have many beautiful units available.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Depere
Reviewed 3 April 2014

There were many mixed reviews about this resort that made us nervous to exchange into it. Well we took the chance and it was the best thing we have ever done. The resort is being remodeled but it did not interfere with our vacation at all. We had a 2 bedroom condo that was very sufficient for the 4 of us. We saw dauphins swimming in the ocean right from our ocean front balcony. All beds were high end temperpedics( very comfortable). The sofa was a little faded but we see this at many resorts. We will definantly try to visit this resort again, but probably a little later in the year it was a little chilly and the out door pool wasn't open yet. Had a great vacation. Thank you Sands Beach Club

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Dauphins4
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for the positive review.

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your beach vacation and were satisfied with your accommodations. We apologize for the renovations and appreciate your understanding.

Seeing the dolphins is always a plus.

Please come again soon.
Bobcaygeon, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The 5 of us stayed in Room 725 rented directly from the owner Daryl Ball dball16@triad.rr.com

Very nice to deal with, answered all my questions. It was clean with all the amenities; and the balcony overlooks a wonderful beach.

Washer $1.50 & Dryer $1.00 on the 8th floor; didn't use but looked clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sominex
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your stay
Palatine Bridge, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It served our purpose, nice place nice price. My wife and I stayed in phase 1 which is behind phase 2 which is a high rise, ocean front , I believe all 2 bedroom. I have stayed there before and much prefer it over phase 1 for obvious reasons (2 bedroom ocean front vs 1 bedroom ocean view), Our was 1 bedroom with pull out couch in small living room and a small bedroom off the livingroom with a futon bunk bed (nice feature for a family, but small living area for family) Very easy and quick check in and out friendly staff,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014

Happy to see you enjoyed the accommodations at Sands Beach Club. We hope the weather was nice during your stay as well.

Hope you will visit again soon
Parkland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

For the price you can't beat it, not all the rooms are great but ocean front and great tiki bar and inside lounge, riverside cafe is the only source of food no room service but we can live without it, great places to eat within walking distance. All in all a great little place to stay!

Room Tip: Great for family's !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dottie R
hiddenpond, Manager at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We thank you for your review but I believe you may be referring to the Sands Ocean Club which is just down the street from our resort. They have River City Cafe.
Safe Travels!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Imagine my surprise when I got on here and saw that the last reviewer for this location stayed in the same unit I just checked out of this morning.
This unit (421) was fine. Everything was clean and everything worked. While I didn't do much cooking, there was nothing in the kitchen that I looked for that wasn't there. It was well equipped. The beds were Tempur-pedic. When I laid down on it it initially, I thought I was going to hate it because it was so different. I actually LOVED it. Hated leaving that bed!!! The pros to this location are that it is located in between Myrtle and North Myrtle so no matter where you want to go, it's not that far. It is a relatively quiet location. The people who worked at the building were all friendly and accommodating. The elevators were fast, and the parking posed no issues. I have no idea what that would be like in season. There was a Kroger grocery store nearby with the friendliest employees I ever came in contact with. If I lived in Myrtle, I would never go anywhere else to shop for groceries.
If there were any cons to staying here they are few and admittedly nit-picky. The towels were thin and well used. The bedding was cheap. The decor is tired and could use an overhaul. Having said all that.. would I stay there again? You betcha.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Holly O
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. You were in one of our timeshare units at Sands Beach Club. I've noted the comments about the bedding and towels, we are looking into alternatives. New couches and carpeting are on their way. Please come back and stay with us!
Safe Travels
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The previous reviews had me scared to death that we had made a big mistake booking at the Sand Beach Club Resort. So we were sooooo relieved to find that we had an absolutely beautiful condo. We were in unit 421. The unit was well decorated, very clean, and modern. Everything worked very well. The elevator was quick, the office people were very courteous, knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions we had. We saw maintenance workers cleaning the lobby and garage area. We even spoke to the guard at the entrance to the parking facility for information. He was quite helpful. Both the indoor and outdoor pool was clean and were very comfortable. Pool area was clean. Perhaps my only negative comment would be that the washer/dryer unit was a bit loud and the chairs on the balcony had us looking through the railing. I would have like to have higher chairs so the gorgeous view of the beach would not have been obstructed with the railing bars.

Because the reviews were so negative, I had called 4 month before our arrival date to ask for a more recently renovated unit. Another issue addressed in some of the reviews was that the check-in was difficult. There is a Sand Ocean Club Resort right next to the Sand Beach Club Resort that might cause a little confusion but both are very well marked and directions to the office is well marked. Management had called me to give me the unit number the week before our arrival date and when I went to check in there was an envelope they gave me with info and key cards.

The beach was fabulous. The inlet next to the Sand Beach Club Resort was fun to walk along the water where we found 100's of fiddler crabs digging holes and eating. There was a guy sitting in the water sifting the sand looking for shark's teeth. And a dead 5' shark that had been washed up and someone had drug it up the sand a bit for others to see. There were also 2 horseshoe crabs that measured about 5' nose to tail. This was just a delightful place to stay.

I hope this review will be helpful to others.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a recently updated unit.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Denise P
DefenderResorts, Public Relations Manager at Sands Beach Club Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review, Denise! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! You are correct that the names can generate some confusion.

Also, the property is split ownership -some units are owned by the same owner year-round so when they are rented they can differ in what the interior of the unit is. Since you were in unit 421 it is a timeshare unit, meaning they are regulated by a Board of Director's and professionally managed and maintained on a regular basis.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!!