“Just OK”

Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel looks nice but our room had a moldy/musty smell when we entered. There weren't any blackout curtains near our balcony, so outside light was able to get in at night (annoying for me--I like a pitch black room when I sleep). The mattress was hard and I woke up stiff with some sore pressure points. Other than the musty smell our room appeared clean. We had three adults in a double queen room (me, my husband, and a single friend of ours).

My biggest beef with this property was the lack of free breakfast. I feel that should've been included at $69 per night. We stayed at the oceanfront Hampton Inn which was $40 MORE per night and that included breakfast. I've also stayed at other hotels around the same price point and cheaper that included breakfast. In a place like Myrtle, breakfast is an expected inclusion in room prices, I would think. Since it wasn't included we opted to eat at a nearby Cracker Barrel instead.

Positives of this hotel: very close to the beach (less than 5 minute drive--keep in mind you HAVE to drive due to the amount of traffic on 17) and very, very close to Barefoot Landing (I chose for us to stay here for this reason).

I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay in Myrtle since it's not oceanfront, doesn't include breakfast, etc. For a night at a time it does the job, like if you arrive ahead of a condo check-in date or something.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gina K

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stay at Court Yard's often and I found the service, cleanliness and comfort to be consistent with the Marriott standard I am accustom to. The desk person when we arrived was polite and accommodating. The desk was also helpful in helping identify good restaurants to eat at and how to reach the beach. The room was very clean and comfortable and the internet was fast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Landrover47
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Like many other reviewers the room had a strong mold and musty smell.
I had to sleep with the balcony door open to get fresh air and still got sick.
I was told I had a recently renovated room but I did not believe it based on its poor condition.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JakeFL1
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I attend an event that's held at this hotel and that's the only reason I ever stay here. The first year, the room had a horrible, strong mildew/mold smell. In subsequent years, it was still strong and horrible. I just got back from a trip there and this year, they've used a heavy, heavy fragrance -- to hide the horrible mold/mildew smell. It's overpowering - in both the hallways and in the room. I have bad allergies - and had to open the window (which only opens about 4 inches) and run the fan the whole time, which didn't completely get rid of the smell. I had a headache most of the time I was in the room. When I came in the building and stepped off the elevator on my floor, each time there was an extremely strong scent that just about knocked me over.
Every year, I tell the front desk staff about this problem and every year when I return, it's not fixed. One year, they set up an air filtration unit in my room, which was noisy but helped somewhat. Should've done that again this year.
If you have allergies or a problem with strong scents (or just want to protect your health from mold/mildew), don't choose this hotel. I've never stayed in another hotel that smelled this bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane O
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This property is located really center for Atlantic Coastal Beach as well as North Myrtle beach, SC.
Nice location and they have renovated the Lobby-looks awesome.
It is really damn close to Barefoot Landing, Alabama Theater, Pirates Voyage.
I stayed in the Fifth Floor-really nice scenic room. Breakfast Staff- especially Cecilia is quick, sharp and can manage multiple things in no time. She can get anything on Vegetarian and she also suggests on the complimentary breakfast and guides customers. Room was a King size-really well managed with super and nice bed. Lot of places to eat around.
Jane in the front desk is amazingly courteous, really polite, looks like really fit for Hospitality industry. Scott -front desk supervisor is awesome and good person. Deb or Debra who goes out of the way to make the rooms really clean. She is a great clean and role model for the cleaning Crew team.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Fifth floor on odd number series have a great scenic views. I was in Room 515. Higher f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight before checking into resort. Courtyard was clean & comfortable, close to everything. Great place for a stopover. Lobby is updated to typical Coutyard standards, breakfast was fast and tasty. Friendly welcoming front desk reception.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our drive back home to NEPA from a week stay in Florida. Slept in too late and missed breakfast but beds were comfortable. Not much to do since it is raining outside. The lobby's decor is nice and relaxing. Close to many places to eat.

Stayed: October 2013