“Nice Stay”

Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was well updated and had just about everything we could have needed. The location was perfect. If there is one this I could critique, I wish that there was a continental breakfast at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2014

OK, I am a Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards program. However, I will normally stay at a full service Marriott, a Residence Inn or a Fairfield Inn because historically Courtyard properties "do nothing for" elite guests. No breakfast, no upgrade, no nothing! Not so with this property. They upgraded me to a great suite, gave me breakfast credit (with great service) and made me feel very special. Nice job Courtyard!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank George S
CYMBGuestServic... M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Amanda Clark
Guest Services Manager
Courtyard by Marriott at Barefoot Landing
guestservicemanager@myrtlebeachcourtyard.com
(843) 361-1730

Reviewed 11 February 2014

At the risk of sounding like a travel snob, I state that I am a Platinum Rewards member at Marriott. That means more than 75 nights per year in Marriott properties. So, I know a thing or two about Marriott. Which is why I was so disappointed with my stay in Myrtle Beach.
Check in was fine, but the young lady never switched my reservation to reflect my rewards number (a friend had made the reservation). She told me that there were upgrades available, but I didn’t get one. Maybe there was a reason, maybe not. Who knows. The room was fine. The hot water in the shower was barely warm. At 5:30am, I would expect there to be hot water. I let the shower run for 20 minutes and it never got warm. The young man at the front desk told me that I had to let it run longer than that. 1. If a customer complains about no hot water in the shower, you need to have some sympathy/empathy. 2. If it is indeed true that it takes longer than 20 minutes for hot water to get to a room, you need to apologize, NOTHING else. 3. After apologizing you can explain that there may be plumbing issues, but ONLY after apologizing. Heck of a way to start my day- with no hot water and inept staff. With all of the options available to travelers into Myrtle Beach, why would I even consider coming back here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank godzuki24

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Amanda Clark
Guest Services Manager
Courtyard by Marriott at Barefoot Landing
guestservicemanager@myrtlebeachcourtyard.com
(843) 361-1730

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel looks nice but our room had a moldy/musty smell when we entered. There weren't any blackout curtains near our balcony, so outside light was able to get in at night (annoying for me--I like a pitch black room when I sleep). The mattress was hard and I woke up stiff with some sore pressure points. Other than the musty smell our room appeared clean. We had three adults in a double queen room (me, my husband, and a single friend of ours).

My biggest beef with this property was the lack of free breakfast. I feel that should've been included at $69 per night. We stayed at the oceanfront Hampton Inn which was $40 MORE per night and that included breakfast. I've also stayed at other hotels around the same price point and cheaper that included breakfast. In a place like Myrtle, breakfast is an expected inclusion in room prices, I would think. Since it wasn't included we opted to eat at a nearby Cracker Barrel instead.

Positives of this hotel: very close to the beach (less than 5 minute drive--keep in mind you HAVE to drive due to the amount of traffic on 17) and very, very close to Barefoot Landing (I chose for us to stay here for this reason).

I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay in Myrtle since it's not oceanfront, doesn't include breakfast, etc. For a night at a time it does the job, like if you arrive ahead of a condo check-in date or something.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gina K
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stay at Court Yard's often and I found the service, cleanliness and comfort to be consistent with the Marriott standard I am accustom to. The desk person when we arrived was polite and accommodating. The desk was also helpful in helping identify good restaurants to eat at and how to reach the beach. The room was very clean and comfortable and the internet was fast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Landrover47
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Like many other reviewers the room had a strong mold and musty smell.
I had to sleep with the balcony door open to get fresh air and still got sick.
I was told I had a recently renovated room but I did not believe it based on its poor condition.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JakeFL1
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I attend an event that's held at this hotel and that's the only reason I ever stay here. The first year, the room had a horrible, strong mildew/mold smell. In subsequent years, it was still strong and horrible. I just got back from a trip there and this year, they've used a heavy, heavy fragrance -- to hide the horrible mold/mildew smell. It's overpowering - in both the hallways and in the room. I have bad allergies - and had to open the window (which only opens about 4 inches) and run the fan the whole time, which didn't completely get rid of the smell. I had a headache most of the time I was in the room. When I came in the building and stepped off the elevator on my floor, each time there was an extremely strong scent that just about knocked me over.
Every year, I tell the front desk staff about this problem and every year when I return, it's not fixed. One year, they set up an air filtration unit in my room, which was noisy but helped somewhat. Should've done that again this year.
If you have allergies or a problem with strong scents (or just want to protect your health from mold/mildew), don't choose this hotel. I've never stayed in another hotel that smelled this bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends