“Just no go stay somewhere else”

Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #46 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Just no go stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went there hoping to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend but got greeted by rudeness @ check in thinking it was just that front desk clerk that day. Get to the room and within 30min there was an awful loud noise sounding like a jackhammer and I thought it was just isolated after all this is the Courtyard Marriott known for the name. Until the same noise nonstop from 2-4am I had to go down to the front desk and complain only to discover the person in the room above mine wanted to complain to find out it was the ice machine. I have never ever had such a horrible experience in my life I had to request to be relocated and they took there time doing it and I had to request compensation I feel like they wanted to keep my money and give me unpleasant service I am just too through and disappointed with this visit.!!!!! Oh not to mention in the process of our relocation we discovered a half bottle of whiskey in the fridge which means the cleaning service don't do the job they should or could they be drinking on the job. Thank god for Lysol.

Room Tip: Check in at your own risk don't say I didn't warn you
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marnie D
CYMBGuestServic... M, Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property online. I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that you may have had. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns or questions that you may have.

Amanda Clark
Guest service Manager
843-361-1730

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This courtyard fit our last minute needs to be in Myrtle Beach. The location is close to Barefoot Landing and Tanger. Easy to get in from route 22 and not far from the beach. It had all the Marriott features clean and kept well. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Needed a good place to stay one night with my family, we were taking a deep sea fishing trip in the early morning. Decided on this Courtyard as it was close to the dock we were leaving from.

We arrived an hour before official Check-in time but we were immediately given a room. Everything was clean and comfortable and the Wi-Fi worked great.

Decided to eat dinner at the Bistro in the lobby. The menu was limited and the service slow but the people working there were happy and the food turned out to be quite tasty and worth the wait.

Although they had a full house that night we never heard a sound from outside the room.

I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Typical Courtyard but could use some improvement. Water pressure in shower is very low. Toilets are equipped with a water saving device that makes them very loud. You can hear toilets flushing rooms away from yours. The TV is awful, no HD stations, low volume, slow response, and no guide channel showing what is on as the welcome book suggests. Couldn't find Fox news at all, perhaps that is intentional. Internet is annoying as you have to re-connect every 24 hours. Hotel is close to Barefoot Landing, but not in it. It is also extremely difficult/dangerous to make a left turn out of this hotel to get to N. Myrtle Beach as the road is extremely busy and congested. Staff was very friendly and helpful and there are many stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eviltheweasel
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed during Biker Week so the hotel was pretty busy. The front desk staff was very
Professional & helpful. The lobby looked redecorated and it was nice. I was upset that my room on the fifth floor was supposed to be an upgrade room...its smelled like paint. There were cobwebs near the window....it was nice but the rooms were a let down. I hope they catchup on renovations because this hotel was in a great location and great staff!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren W
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel has five floors- if you would like to get a good rate reach out to the management like
Randall Blumberg, General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott at Barefoot Landing
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina ... he is pretty quick, prompt . The other person we can trust is Amanda-who can go out of the way to find a way out to get good rates.

This weekend was bike week, it was real crazy in Myrtle beach-they had concerts and what not near barefoot landing-there is house of blues-we can go by walk -we dont need a transporation!!:) This is where the Tigers used to be Tiger Preserve.!:)

Good Service personnel in the hotel are:
- Anyhow these people did extra mile and great work-should be undivided recognized

Fantastic job

- Amanda- Great, wonderful -she recognizes people in no time- check-in and she is going to do check-out- She was kind enough to give one bottle of water also ...very nice of her..
-Elaine - very helpful-she is good listener-she works all the time.. Amanda says high about her
-Liz Wright - great housekeeper-wonderful, customer oriented-awesome
-Regan Robinson -this man is amazing - as soon as I went there at Bistro-he says i know

-Veggie on Croissant - amazing and he makes really nice for me.

he does not worry about tips-he says as long as you come - since i was out of coins or notes in wallet and by the time he had swiped the card-he did not wanted to do...
money is not only thing - he really cares for service
this means a lot how he cares for the job not for tips or sending a good note or so!:)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and pretty nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My first mistake was going through Priceline... HORRIBLE and never again... This hotel is not in barefoot landing you do have to drive but not too far. Hotel smelt musky and if you have allergies don't stay it makes them worse... I found a condom wrapper near the bed frame which shows the cleaning staff aren't cleaning the rooms properly. The ac unit is loud and toilets are very loud you can hear everything. This was my first time staying at a Marriott and it will be my last. Hotel was not helpful about the condom situation either all they said was sorry. Bistro in hotel is overpriced and the staff were rude DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Shana L
CYMBGuestServic... M, Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Shana,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your, or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Please contact me personally when you book your next trip.
Amanda Clark