“Beverly at front desk”

Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Extremely helpful in accommodating my family. Convenient to great restaurants and entertainment. Business center, free wifi, pool, hot tub and friendly staff. Thanks again Beverly! We were extremely tiered and we're allowed to check in a little early. Most helpful

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Unless you have a Marriott Rewards card, you may want to reserve a room elsewhere. We booked a king room over a month ago on the Marriott Hotels website. We received a confirmation email for a king room on this date (7-17-14). When we arrived and walked into our room, there were 2 queen beds. We took our luggage and proceeded back down the elevator to the front desk. We very politely told the front desk clerk that this was not a king room as our confirmation stated. She was very rude and informed us that she didn't have any king rooms available and she "could not bump a Marriott Rewards customer." We had asked for a king room and not right next to the elevator so that we could sleep.....so she then said there was only one person she could bump and ironically the room was right next to the elevator. She was EXTREMELY RUDE and had the "i don't care attitude". She implied that we were wrong and when we showed her our confirmation she said "I'm sorry but it is not our fault." When I asked if it was our fault.....she replied no...it was the fault of the person you booked the room with., We booked the room with Marriott.... in advance and called a few days before arrival to confirm our room. My partner is 6'5" and it was a very uncomfortable night. If you don't cancel your room in advance you are charged.....if they don't provide you with what you paid for then you are also charged. We requested to speak to the manager but they were not in yet, so we left our number and asked for a call. They never called. I don't think I will ever choose Marriott again.....they have no respect or consideration.....and obviously don't seem to care.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter what room you choose because if you do not have "Marriott Rewards...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LPtchr
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went there hoping to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend but got greeted by rudeness @ check in thinking it was just that front desk clerk that day. Get to the room and within 30min there was an awful loud noise sounding like a jackhammer and I thought it was just isolated after all this is the Courtyard Marriott known for the name. Until the same noise nonstop from 2-4am I had to go down to the front desk and complain only to discover the person in the room above mine wanted to complain to find out it was the ice machine. I have never ever had such a horrible experience in my life I had to request to be relocated and they took there time doing it and I had to request compensation I feel like they wanted to keep my money and give me unpleasant service I am just too through and disappointed with this visit.!!!!! Oh not to mention in the process of our relocation we discovered a half bottle of whiskey in the fridge which means the cleaning service don't do the job they should or could they be drinking on the job. Thank god for Lysol.

Room Tip: Check in at your own risk don't say I didn't warn you
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marnie D
CYMBGuestServic... M, Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property online. I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that you may have had. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns or questions that you may have.

Amanda Clark
Guest service Manager
843-361-1730

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This courtyard fit our last minute needs to be in Myrtle Beach. The location is close to Barefoot Landing and Tanger. Easy to get in from route 22 and not far from the beach. It had all the Marriott features clean and kept well. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Needed a good place to stay one night with my family, we were taking a deep sea fishing trip in the early morning. Decided on this Courtyard as it was close to the dock we were leaving from.

We arrived an hour before official Check-in time but we were immediately given a room. Everything was clean and comfortable and the Wi-Fi worked great.

Decided to eat dinner at the Bistro in the lobby. The menu was limited and the service slow but the people working there were happy and the food turned out to be quite tasty and worth the wait.

Although they had a full house that night we never heard a sound from outside the room.

I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Typical Courtyard but could use some improvement. Water pressure in shower is very low. Toilets are equipped with a water saving device that makes them very loud. You can hear toilets flushing rooms away from yours. The TV is awful, no HD stations, low volume, slow response, and no guide channel showing what is on as the welcome book suggests. Couldn't find Fox news at all, perhaps that is intentional. Internet is annoying as you have to re-connect every 24 hours. Hotel is close to Barefoot Landing, but not in it. It is also extremely difficult/dangerous to make a left turn out of this hotel to get to N. Myrtle Beach as the road is extremely busy and congested. Staff was very friendly and helpful and there are many stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eviltheweasel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed during Biker Week so the hotel was pretty busy. The front desk staff was very
Professional & helpful. The lobby looked redecorated and it was nice. I was upset that my room on the fifth floor was supposed to be an upgrade room...its smelled like paint. There were cobwebs near the window....it was nice but the rooms were a let down. I hope they catchup on renovations because this hotel was in a great location and great staff!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business