“Reliable Hotel at a Great Price”

Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #61 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York City, New York
“Reliable Hotel at a Great Price”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was located right behind Fuddruckers which is great if you wanted a burger. Barefoot Landing and the outlets were also close by. The rooms were modern and very clean. The price was very low. The only issue I had with the rooms was the fact you could hear the toilet flush or the shower run in the next room. But at this price, this was a great place to stay with free cable and wifi.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard in Aug 2014 while participating in a junior golf tournament in North Myrtle Beach. This hotel was very well maintained in the common areas and the rooms.. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The hotel has plenty of parking and its easy to get to, right on Highway 17. There's plenty of restaurants and shopping areas/outlets close by. Also, the hotel has a small Bistro which is adjacent to the lobby and has good snacks and is reasonably priced. A couple of minor issues included a slightly loud/noisy air conditioning unit and the bathroom door that had the lock on the outside, not the inside. All in all, I would stay at this Courtyard Marriott again on another trip to Myrtle Beach, very nice experience!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank graybrigade
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms smelled strongly of dampness and possibly moldy. The furniture smelled so bad that my wife refused to sit on the couch. The first room was tampered with I.e. The smoke detector was off the wall and smelled terrible. We felt very uncomfortable the entire time with our toddler in the room.

When the hotel says renovation, they really only mean the lobby, which was upgraded.

No free breakfast, but reasonable prices.

The shift manager was not accommodating with a late check out. We had a conference that did not get out till Noon. The most she gave us was 30 minutes. That is not very accommodating!

Only stay here if in a big pinch.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joe P
CYMBGuestServic... M, Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property online. I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that you may have had. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns or questions that you may have.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Joshua
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are small and outdated. They are also far from clean. First thing when we walked in footprint on bathroom floor along with someone else's used dental floss. No breakfast and extremely far from family activities in south myrtle. Not worth the price at all.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Cmassey6

Guest service Manager
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of the cleanest and most professional courtyards I have ever stayed. The staff was incrediblely responsive and the property was well beyond clean. I really enjoyed the stay at this property. This is the type of hotel that makes me say, I am glad I stay at Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is not that bad but the smell is very strange - it is like a mix between bleach/cleaning fluids and the damp/moist smell. It is not pleasant until your nose adjusts to it. Still, you wonder what is in the air.

The location is not too bad - it is out of the way from the beach and the crowd but not too far. The rooms on the top floors have microwave and refrigerator - the lower floors have only the refrigerator. (By contrast, the Fairfield Inn down the road only has refrigerator in the rooms.)

Like others mentioned, the low-flow toilet creates a loud sound when flushed. I am all for saving water but I don't know the wisdom of having it at hotels. Otherwise, the hotel is pretty quiet.

The decor and bed are OK. Some rooms have a patio but my room did not. So, I have no idea how it would work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Want2GoHome

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night and it took everything in me to stay. When we checked in (and we are marriott silver elite status) we walked into a room with a roach waiting for me on my pillow. I scooped it onto a piece of paper and took it to the front desk. They gave us free breakfast and I requested all the bedding be remade. When we retuned, the bathroom was making a horrible noise and I found more roaches. I will say the breakfast was very good, and the manager in the morning gave us $40 off our bill, but that is still unsatisfactory to me. Would NEVER recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014

#67 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach
Best Western Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#10 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
#62 of 208 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing? Share your experiences!