“bad”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach
Ranked #179 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The staff at this hotel was alright, however the motel was rundown and very dirty. I would not recommend this place. It needs renovation in the worst way. The carpet and luggage racks were heavily damaged from wear. The room and shower were not cleaned properly, there was mildew in the corners of the shower and debri under the bed.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We decided to take a short two day get-away to the beach. This location exceeded our expectations. It's right on the beach, and easy access to everything. Our pulse was to just relax and view the ocean!

Room Tip: Request an ocean front room, the staff is very accommodating!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Off season rates I think. Older property, and a little worn in spots, but clean and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Great location, on the water, view of the ocean from my balcony. Restaurants and attractions are close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JeffB835
Reviewed 15 October 2013

By the time many folks read this, this hotel will no longer be a Comfort Inn or part of the Choice program, or so we were told. It will close at the end of October 2013 and reopen as an independent hotel. We hope it will be totally renovated before it reopens!
We reserved late, It was the last room available, so any port in a storm: It's on the ocean, our room was pretty clean and we slept well, but nothing else was good. The rug was old and stained, the microwave didn't work, light bulbs were out in the room, our blanket had a large burn hole, one sheet had a rip, the couch was stained and ripped....
The indoor pool had only a couple lights working within the entire building, our hallway was dingy with poured concrete ramps extending from the doorways to the rooms about a foot and a half into the hallways, I suppose to make the rooms handicapped accessible.
The place has such promise it was a shame to see it in such a state.

Room Tip: Don't pick the ground floor if you can help it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillP1215
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This Hotel was very nice. I was in one of the the two penthouse's #802. It was large and very clean. You have a private elevator landing and entrance to the penthouse's. The hotel is very well maintained and clean.
The Pool is huge with lots of loungers, tables with umbrellas and best of all a Gentleman by the name of Mark, who does a GREAT job of keeping everything very NICE. Right beside the pool are 4 suites that are just wonderful, that have spas and huge windows.
The management is nice and professional. Breakfast is complete and well stocked. Oh, I grilled dinner at one of the picnic tables and had a great time. The over all value of this property is excellent. I slept very well there.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and go for one of the suites. Go for 903 or 904 as I looked at them. They...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites with my family...excellent location for the beach and courteous staff...a great family vacation..I would recommend this hotel to all of my family and my friends..thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bobby W
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've stayed here before good place for the price friendly staff good location I had to leave early because of death in our church they refunded my money no problem I would stay here again good continental breakfast located right on beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gizzmo54
Travellers also viewed these Myrtle Beach hotels
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at ...
#142 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Tropical Seas Hotel
Tropical Seas Hotel
#115 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach

Address: 601 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-4480 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Beach Front Central)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#99 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Price Range: £35 - £126 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn And Suites Beach Front Central