“I think I have bed bugs from this hotel....”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Beach
Ranked #179 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Okay, this hotel wasn't anything fancy, but it seemed alright. I stayed last weekend, from Friday to Monday. I liked the balcony, it was nice to be oceanfront and the pool area was great. Initially, upon entering the room, I was like...okay, it's alright. I didn't find it to be dirty necessarily, just old.

So we left, it was fine...and then two days ago I woke up with bites all over my back, arms and shoulders. I've never had bed bugs, but sometimes they take several days to appear, or so google tells me. I have yet to see the bugs themselves, but who just wakes up with itchy bites for no apparent reason? I'm not so sure since no one else seems to have had this problem according to the reviews, but this is the only way I can think of how I may have contracted them.

I'm not trying to give a bad name to this hotel, but there is a good chance this is where I got them. Just be cautious. I wish I would have read something like this beforehand. I would have reconsidered. I'm praying it is something else, but I'm about 90% sure these are bed bug bites.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mara029

Reviewed 22 March 2014

In town for the cheerleading nationals. Place was full but didn't detract from their detail to service. The rooms are clen and beds are great. We did have an issue with a bed but the manager got it fixed with in 20 min and we all got checked in. The house keeper was great to help out in the morning as one of our kids got sick in the night, thanks for the great service!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank B Robert J
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here many times with no problems. The last time I was there on Mar 12 there was an Econo lodge sign over the Comfort Inn sign. Usually a sign that things are going down hill.
The room and service was pretty much the same as usuall, but the breakfast did not include eggs and sausage like before.
I do like this place due to the freindly service , large parking lot. and location, and have always had a good stay..
Hope they do keep the place up after this change.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank highmiles61
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stay 12/11/13. Best thing about this hotel is checking out. First room bed was not even made. they gave us a another room: three inch tear in sofa and sofa was broken down, tear in lamp shades, extension cord used to plug in loud noise fridge,coffee pot and lamp. Fridge so loud it drowned out the TV and had to place a carboard under it to level it. Carpet with stains thoughout. Bath matt glued to tub floor and black tarry stuff oozed out from under it. the exterior doors had gaps in them allowing noise, light and bugs in. Wall plugs were loose in wall. Coffee table with nicks and goudges in it ect, cabinet with TV had draw mech missing or broken so draws would not line up or shut properly.. LARGE inch size BUG ran across end table in am..... Scary place, stay away, Stay at Carribean for an extra $20.00 /night get king size bed, kitchen, indoor lazy river,hot tub, pool wonderful clean room, BUG free, and treated like a king

Room Tip: stay away from this one......
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The staff at this hotel was alright, however the motel was rundown and very dirty. I would not recommend this place. It needs renovation in the worst way. The carpet and luggage racks were heavily damaged from wear. The room and shower were not cleaned properly, there was mildew in the corners of the shower and debri under the bed.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We decided to take a short two day get-away to the beach. This location exceeded our expectations. It's right on the beach, and easy access to everything. Our pulse was to just relax and view the ocean!

Room Tip: Request an ocean front room, the staff is very accommodating!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Off season rates I think. Older property, and a little worn in spots, but clean and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Great location, on the water, view of the ocean from my balcony. Restaurants and attractions are close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo