Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Beach Front Central
US$203
US$227
US$181
US$225
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$253
Hampton.com
US$169
US$146
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$157
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2007

The hotel was rated 3 stars but only deserved 1 star. Condition of hotel needed lots of work. Carpet throughout hotel was raveling, stained, and in bad shape. Coffee pot filter was left in the coffee pot from the previous occupants. Housekeeping did not wipe down a spill on the table, was sticky. T.V. remote was taped to keep batteries in without the cover. Outside pool was not in good condition, didn't see any people using it. Pool chairs were resin chairs and I didn't find one that wasn't cracked and hurt to sit in, even with a towel on it. One plus was the continental breakfast, after you got over the smell of Pine Sol when you walked in. We did love the oceanfront view.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 16 May 2007

After reading the reviews for this hotel, my husband and I were scared to death, but. another couple booked the rooms and we had no choice but to go through with the stay. Upon our arrival at the hotel it looked fine. We had rented a one bedroom suite and all the reviews talked about how bad the rooms were but it turned out perfectly fine. It was clean, we had a great beach view, all rooms were oceanview, the maids were nice and breakfast was a ok. We had a loveseat and tv, fridge and microwave in living room and another tv in bedroom. My biggest complaint is all the chairs at the pool were broke in the middle and needed replacing and there were no umbrellas at the tables. The Holiday Inn next door looked like a better pool situation with a dj and great chairs if you are a pool buff but overall not near as bad, maybe they have done alot of improvements.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 May 2007

after reading some of the previous reviews i was a bit apprehensive, but i was locked into being in myrtle beach from 4/9-14 (spring break)...
i was pleasantly surprised by the overall experience... the hotel is right on the beach and has both indoor and outdoor pools...
the staff is more than helpful (that includes the notorious night manager...lol) and the rooms are comfortable and adequate... i had a 2nd floor room looking out on the beach and ocean, and i didn't have to deal with the elevators... parking is perfect for quick unloading/loading and the upgraded continental breakfast is, if nothing, a big favorite, especially with families and coffee starved people like myself... i used the coffee maker in the room, and the fridge lodged my milk, but sometimes you just want a cup midday, and the breakfast rooms's maker went all day...
while the bathrooms are a bit small and the vanity being on the opposite side of the room (it confused me for 5 days...lol) i managed just fine... you can walk to cvs, friendly's restaurant, a liquor store (mention the day manager's name) and the amusement park, and it's a 5-10 minute ride from almost everywhere...
all in all, while i sympathize with some of the people whose experience was somewhat less than perfect, i don't know what you want from a place that is $80-90 a night (less in off season i'd assume) that's right on the beach... i had a wonderful experience and would DEFINATELY stay there again, and i WILL be going back...
kudos to hotel and staff...
ed mooradian

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 April 2007

Found this place by accident & happy I did. You take your chances booking online but this place was wonderful, especially compared to the nightmare I had stayed in the night before. The Comfort Inn saved my trip!

We had a lovely room. Very friendly, helpful staff (especially the night crew - thanks guys!). Private balcony with a gorgeous view! Very clean. No bugs! Nice little breakfast included. My room was not very large but that was OK with me. It was comfortable (I stayed in a standard room with two full beds). The bath area was very tiny, but still very clean. Nice little 'fridg & coffee maker in the room. This place is right on the beach. Great for morning walks. It's also close enough/walking distance to many attractions on Ocean Blvd. A 5-10 minute drive to Broadway at the Beach & Convention Center. Beautifully decorated lobby & dining area.

The elevators are a bit small & slow (a very minor issue to me). The hallways need a little fixing up, but they're not totally horrible either - after all, they are exposed to the elements. You have to expect that a little wear & tear will occur.

I would stay here again with no problem. Nice for families on a budget, too. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2007

The night I went to this hotel, was a terrifying experience. I started out looking for the hotel at 601 ocean blvd. Little did I realize there is a north and south ocean blvd, as the signs I saw were not marked as such. I called the hotel to get directions, and the phone was answered by a man. He told me to tell him where I was, which I did, and he rudely told me I wasn't in Myrtle Beach. I explained to him that I knew I was in MB, and that I was at the 600 block of ocean blvd and didn't see the hotel. He then told me that obviously I knew where I was and didn't need his help, he then set the phone down, and I could hear him bad mouthing tourists and people like me in the background. Then he hung up the phone. When I finally realized there was a north and south, I went the few blocks to the south, and found the hotel. When I went to check in I explained to the man (who I found out was the night manager) all he needed to ask is if I was on the north or south 600. He started yelling at me that I didn't know what I was talking about, and then walked away yelling at me, and refused to check me in. I was alone late at night in a strange town. It was raining and cold, and I was forced to find some where else to stay. I would strongly recommend against anyone staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business