“Thiefs working at the hotel!!!!”
Review of Oceans One Resort

Oceans One Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ironton, Ohio
“Thiefs working at the hotel!!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Let me start by saying this is a very nice hotel, I stayed there for my wedding on 10-11-12 along with my faimly and friends. I would give it 5 stars but after I left the hotel and was 2 hours away driving back to Ohio when we realized I forgot my wedding dress in the room. I called the hotel and told them what had happend and the guy told me he would have someone go get it and call me back. Well, 4 hours later I called him back and he told me they could send it back on Monday and he would call me the next day (Sunday) with directions on how to get it shipped back to me. After not hearing from him on Sunday I called again on Monday and when I told the woman that answered what I was calling about she said oh no one has called you yet? I told her no and she went on to tell me that they had found the dress bag but no dress. I asked her if the dress grew legs and walked out of the bag or what and she went on to ask me if I put it somewhere else? Needless to say I was irate, and they didnt seem to care one bit. So just a word of advice, this hotel has thiefs working in the place and the managment knows and does not care so make sure if your going to stay here you take stuff that you do not care to lose.

13 Thank CarlyB7
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thanks for your comments. We would like to let you all know that the dress was in the bag and is being returned to the owner. It was a hanging bag and a slip dress that had fallen into the bottom of the bag. It was hanging in our office and when you unzipped the bag you could not see a dress. The desk clerk told her she had the bag but no dress. It has been corrected for the lady.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This was our first stay at Oceans One and we found it to be a beautiful, very modern resort. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only downer was the amount of smoking that goes on on the balconies. We could rarely sit on our balconies without cigarette smoke filling the air. We reported it to the registration desk on two different occasions but whether anything was done is anyone's guess. We would definetly stay at Oceans One again and hope that the smoking would go away or be better policed.

2 Thank Brad D
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is our third year staying @ Oceans One and we have had another great stay. Very friendly staff, grounds are kept very clean, pools both in and out clean and area's kept very tidy. Looking forward to spending many more years here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank susan t
Ontario Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We decided to go to MB for the 1st time in late October.
Did not reserve in advance as it looked like there was lots of choice,
One place close-by looked great on paper but I could not cancel if i did not like it.

We visited it and several other places on the ocean that were close to the boardwalk area.
Each suite either seemed darker and older than we wanted, or the property looked a bit run-down, or it looked fantastic but was pricey (e.g the Hampton Inn, a few blocks south).

Oceans One had what we wanted and was willing to negotiate a fair price for a one bedroom suite facing the ocean with a balcony (actually all the suites have both) on a high floor.

The inside pool area was nice and warm, and the outside pools are heated.
Never having experienced one, I requested the Lazy River be turned on,
and it was very quickly. Parking is directly across the street, and maid service was
prompt and efficient. The building had a clean feel to it.

Unlike some others, Breakfast is not included, but with a $3.29 breakfast at Friendly's a couple blocks away, many other restaurants nearby and a full kitchen in the suite, that was no loss.

We came to learn that this town really slows down after the summer season.
Late October is an especially quiet time as the Snowbirds don't start arriving till November.
Oceans One certainly got much busier on November 1.

Great view, Clean, Newer/Modern, a very good place to stay.

3 Thank 4star-at-2star-price
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have been staying at Oceans One for the last couple years in unit 1402. The view of the ocean from the unit is unbelievable while the view from the second bedroom looks down the strip which is fully lit up like Vegas at night. Ask for this unit.....

Room Tip: Unit 1402 is the nicest room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ron C
Vermont
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Winter's fast approaching in Vermont and our winter in Myrtle Beach is upon us. We have spent the past four winters at Oceans One Resort, and do not even think of spending the winter elsewhere. Winter visitors to Ocean's One Resort are us Snow Birds.The summer crowds are gone, and Ray and his crew do whatever it takes. It's a good place.The Resort is new, we first came as it was finished. We have a large kitchen with more counter space and cabinets than at home. A comfortable living room with an ocean balcony, a large bedroom, also with a balcony right on the beach. A washer and dryer, and a bathroom for each bedroom. The extra sleeping space? Who knows, we might get lucky and the kids--really the grand kids-- may decide to come visit when school's out. We fall asleep listening to the waves breaking on the beach. It's 50 degrees warmer here, think about it.
There's plenty to do. Theater, short courses (once or twice a week, 4 - 8 weeks) at the University, beach and boardwalk walking, sitting in the sun, or visiting one of the 1200 or so restaurants that are offering deal after deal. We do it all, but start our day in the WARM, (not almost warm enough) indoor pool, with our morning pool pals. We're regulars, yearly!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

We were delighted to have chosen this property for our stay in myrtle beach.
We had a two bedroom room on a high floor. The two balconies with full length windows really were superb. The views from the bedroom and sitting room were stunning.
The indoor and outdoor pool area is lovely. Easy access to the beach and new boardwalk made it very pleasant.
Parking is across the street but this is not an issue.
Our room had a washer/dryer, dishwasher , oven, microwave, fridge , toaster and usual necessary kitchen utensils. I would say the room was 'lived in' rather than worn but this did not bother us.
October is a good month to visit here, still warm but without the crowds and noise. Still enough restaurants and bars open to entertain.

• Stayed October 2012