“I wished for a perfect stay”
Review of Oceans One Resort

Oceans One Resort
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Newnan, Georgia
“I wished for a perfect stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My girlfriend and I came to Myrtle Beach for our 10 year anniversary as well as my birthday and Oceans One Resort was a beautiful place to stay.

Our check in went smoothly thanks to the help of Michelle, and when we got in our room we were very pleased; however, there were a few mishaps during the week that made out stay less than perfect.

First, random people (not hotel guests) would walk through the pool gate and jump in the pools and hot tubs. Second, I was woken up at around 2 am because there were ppl sitting outside of my room door goofing off. I get having fun, but come on the doors are paper thin. Third, one afternoon we came back from lunch and decided to change for the pool- while changing the housekeeper walked in on us. She knocked and opened the door at the same time so there was no time to react before she was in our room AND she had already been there that morning so I don't have any idea why she needed to come back. She quickly closed the door and left. I called the front desk and was told they would figure it out. I never got an explanation or apology. Finally, on our last night (my birthday) we came up from the pool to get ready to go to medieval times and there was no hot water. I called the front desk and there was an issue with a pipe that was causing it and I was told they would have it fixed ASAP. After almost 2 hrs I had to give up and just wash my hair with cold water in the sink bc I had a show to get to.

Minus all of that our stay was ok. The resort really is beautiful, but we just will not come back. I understand things happen, but the housekeeper walking in on us changing without an apology or explanation as to why she was even walking into my room was too much.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank mwilli36
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am sorry your stay was less than perfect and I assure you we try our best. All properties have random people enter there property at times and pool hop. This is the reason we issue pool bands to be worn so that security and our personel can identify who belongs and who doesn't. We also did have a water leak that had to be fixed during your stay that affected the whole building so it was a priority. We hope you can overlook the items that are out of our control and know we fix them in a timely manner. Hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Hudson, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family and I enjoyed a long weekend before our daughter went back to college. We had a two bedroom suite on the 20th floor and the view was great. The beds were so comfortable I actually slept better than I do at home. I especially loved having the master bedroom on the ocean front side and listening to the ocean at night. Teresa checked us in and even though we arrived after 11:00 PM she was very helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed the heated outdoor pools and the outdoor hot tubs since the weather was still a little cool. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed the beds at Oceans One. The new toppers with the down comforters have been a big hit and are very comfortable. Its what I use at home and it is what we wanted for our guests.
Galax, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a wonderful week at Oceans One. The resort was very quiet and we did not hear our neighbors at all! Our favorite things about the resort were
1.) It was very secure. Key cards were needed to get in and out of the building and wrist bands were needed for the pool. Also, the grounds and parking lot had 24 hr security.
2.) The resort's location. We loved how it was so close to the boardwalk and action of the strip.
3.) We loved the adult/family atmosphere. We are a young couple and have lived out our college years, so we were happy about it being quiet!
Overall, this was an excellent trip at a great value! (Always ask about deals!) We will be spending our next vacation in Myrtle Beach at Oceans One.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kakie07
Thanks for the great review. The points you mention are the very reason many people stay with us. We often get complaints that we will not take someones kids without the parents being here with them. The family atmosphere is what we are about. If you are looking for a party, you might as well go somewhere else. We love all guests and want to ensure that their hard earned money is enjoyed with a relaxing, wonderful, stay at Oceans One.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My first time staying here with friends and I was amazed on how it felt like a home away from home! Very modern decor!! Not over priced and I will visit again! Theresa in guest service was sooo sweet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Oceans One is a great place for a mini getaway. When the winter weather has everyone inside and locked down, 60 and sunny at the beach is a treat. The room rates are also off season rates and make the weekend getaway a steal. Hope to see you again soon and we are glad you chose Oceans One.
brownsville
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Once again me and my husband wintered at Ocean One, we find the accomodations to be excellant. The location is central to all of the main attractions and golfing. The staff from top to bottom are most helpful a big ThankYou to Lynn,Miss Liz and her crew,to John and Robert, Matt & Duane and all the girls at the front desk . If it's a carefree vacation you want try this resort.John and Janet Jackson

Room Tip: We love our spot on the 10th floor, three bedroom.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lucky122
Thanks for the wonderful review. All of our employees are excited to serve each and every guest that stays here and we hope to continue to strive in this goal. They take pride in the mentions on Trip Advisor and we take notice also. Look forward to seeing you in the furure and hope you have a wonderful year.
Nepean
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We spent five months at this beautiful resort. Our 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo was top of the line!!! Huge balcony with the greatest views. Wi-fi included, parking across the street but, even with a walker no problem.

Ray , General manager, and Lynn make you feel like family from the minute you arrive. Great place to spend the winter.

Looking forward to next year.

Colleen and Claude (Ottawa Ont)

Room Tip: Three bedroom and three bathrooms are very very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for a great year with the monthlies and I hope you had a safe trip home. Our repeat guests are like family and we look forward to seeing you again next year. The spring is arriving full force and we are looking forward to a great year at Oceans One. Hope to see you again soon. RB
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family and I stayed at Oceans one it is such a great place!! Has amazing views, and steps away from 2nd ave pier.. family kingdom, and the boardwalk!! and so much more !! we had the pleasure of being greeted by Cameron!! He was so helpful when checking us in. Oceans one is really a 5 star and has great employees!!! Thank u oceans one!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sunsetlady123
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks for the great review. We do feel we have some the best views on the ocean and some of the best people working for us. It is easier to be friendly to people than to not and it makes working a whole lot more fun. Cameron is one of a kind and he was excited to see your comments. Thanks for your support and hope to see you soon. RB