“Tammy L”

and 1 more site!
Oceans One Resort
Ranked #34 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Best hotel ever. We stayed in type 12 room, views were awesome. Hotel is quiet & pools are great.
From the minute we checked in we enjoyed our stay. Kenza checked us in & was very friendly & helpful, she is a great person to have as your first impression of your hotel!!!! Will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: If views are what you want ask for type 12 as high up as you can get. Rooms are quiet & very spa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Oceans one staff was great arrived on a wed and they were super sweet. The room was great the elevator was quick and fast until the crowds came but it had a safety feature if to many people on it it buzzes and won't move I liked that. The parking was a little bit crazy but the front desk was helpful and quickly fixed the problem housekeeping was great overall good experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time visiting Oceans One We loved it they have heated outdoor salt water pools they were so nice on the windy days that had some chill. The room was clean and the washer and dryer in room helps so much, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Our front desk personnel Michele was awesome! The place was very clean and pretty. We loved the location and found everyone helpful. Michele works very hard and made us feel very welcome as soon as we arrived. She was professional as well as fun.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Me, My Husband and 2 children visited Mothers Day weekend. I knew I would like it just from the outside.. But the rooms were amazing as well.. Kitchen, living area, bathrooms with Hot Tubs, washer dryer, we loved it. Also, we really enjoyed the pool area, with 3 hot tubs . 2 pools indoor and out, and a lazy river that my son had a ball with! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Kenza checked us in, and did everything she could to make sure we got the room most fitting our desires. It's in a good spot on the strip.. Not right in the middle, but close enough to walk to but still have a little peace if you step outside. I would stay here again. If you are like me... People's reviews mean a lot, so I wanted to make sure I gave an honest opinion.. It's good for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Trustmyview
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My mom and dad, son and daughter-in-law, and my husband and myself travelled from Ontario and stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. We "all loved it" Each bedroom had it's own bathroom and we had 2 balconies. We enjoyed the pools, access to the beach, and the gym. Teresa was so great when we booked in. We had trouble with our remotes for the TV and the ice maker in the fridge and maintenance was there immediately. We were surprised to get a cleaning lady every day, we did not expect this. Also, the room was so clean and we also got our own washer and dryer. This hotel was way beyond our expectations and the price was so reasonable. You will enjoy it here. Don't let the low price scare you, it is a fantastic place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy K
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We arrived at Ocean's One a little more than an hour before check in. Mary, at the front desk was very welcoming, but also extremely busy. The phone was ringing nonstop and the front lobby was filled back to the door. As she was taking our information, we exchanged casual conversation. One point being, that we were there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. She congratulated us and told us that she hoped we had a very relaxing and peaceful vacation. The office of Ocean's One is located across the street from the actual hotel. You will park on that same side as the lobby. Once you check in, you drive across the street, use your hotel card to gain access into the building for the cart. After unloading, you drive back across the street to park. While, it was different from what we are accustomed to, it wasn't any big inconvenience.

Upon arriving to our floor (top floor, 21st), we noticed stains on the carpet. Some being right outside the elevator and one very large stain across the hall, which appeared to be a bleach spill. Then we found right outside our door a large dark colored stain, also the light outside our door and several other lights down the hall had chips and/or breaks in the plastic. When we entered our room, we immediately detected a musty or stale cigarette smell. This was of concern to us, since I have asthma. The a/c had not been left on and the room was extremely hot (making the smell even more noticeable).

The lamp shade in the living room had breaks in the shade, the oven drawer was broke and laying lopsided in its opening. All the eyes of the stove were only half way down in their positions. All the clocks in the condo were blinking 12:00. It would have been nice, if someone had taken the time to set them all, like I had to do.

Since it was our anniversary, we did not want to be disturbed. We did not find a "Do Not Disturb" sign in the room or on the back of the door. After we got settled, we went back down to the lobby (across the street) and asked for a Do Not Disturb sign. While, the young lady was certainly nice, she asked in a puzzled way "you want a do not disturb sign?" Maybe its not common for guests to ask for one. We told her we were there for our anniversary and did not want to be disturbed by housekeeping or anyone. We just wanted to relax. We immediately put the sign on our door when we got back to our room.

The second day of our stay, I noticed later that afternoon a missed call on my phone. It was someone from the lobby informing me that Telecommunications could not gain access into our room, because we left a Do Not Disturb Sign on the door. They needed to gain access, to update our Wifi. (I guess our multiple requests of not being disturbed did not include a phone call and also a voice mail). We went back over to the lobby and asked them if they could please not send the Telecommunications workers back until after our checkout, because we wanted peace and quiet. She told us that she had no idea when they would be back.

We walked back across the street to the condos and paused for a few minutes in front of the building to watch the traffic going by. We noticed a security guard from Excalibur Security in a fast trot across the road. I mentioned to my husband, that someone must have done something very serious. Next thing we knew, the security guard was in front of us wanting to know what we were up to. We responded: standing. He told us that the police would fine us $250 for loitering and we had to keep moving. He was giving us a warning this time, but next time he would have to take action. I showed him my hotel card and told him, we are staying here. That did not matter, you are only allowed to stand where the smoking section is and no other place. (I have Asthma, so standing next to the smokers was a slight issue for me). Before, we could walk on another security guard walked up. The one who was already talking to us referred to him as SGT. The SGT wanted to know if there was a problem and he had a very serious look on his face. I responded to him that there was no problem, we just didn't know that standing was not allowed in front of the building.

On day three and four, it was unbearable. At no time upon us making our reservations or at check in...were we told that the pool would be closed and multiple workers would be using jack hammers and a hammer to take loose concrete out of the pool. The noise was from early morning until late afternoon. You could even hear them inside our room with the door shut. We had headaches a few hours into this. There was no way to enjoy the lazy river, shallow pool with chairs, kid's pool or even the spas due to the unending noise. We witnessed workers washing their hands off in the spas, using a dirty towel to clean up spilled paint and washing it off in the spa, which then made those spas unusable to us due to what might be in them. The only break we got was when the workers went to lunch and then it started right back. We complained at checkout and was told "I'm sorry, we have had many many complaints. I'll pass your complaint to the General Manager, like all the others".

While, all the reviews of Ocean's One stated how peaceful it was, we never got to enjoy that part. Management should have refunded everyone's room rates for the two days that we could not stay on the property during day time hours, due to the jackhammers. They offered nothing, but I'm sorry.

The property does look pristine from the outside, but we found inside various wear and tear to the extreme. The postives would be that the staff was always friendly. Well, except for one guy who was working with maintenance and was referring in front of us (in the elevator) that his coworker was an (inappropriate name used) and was never properly trained. He went on to say, I'm assuming you are guests and I shouldn't be talking like this in front of you, but oh well. I must add that the housekeeping ladies were always ready and willing to exchange our towels for fresh ones and were super sweet.

The kitchen has a full fridge with icemaker (how convenient!), stove, microwave, dishwasher, some dishes and you will find a washer and dryer in the unit. The 21st floor has an incredible view, but you will hear a little pool noise (especially with dual jackhammers being used).

Even though we had an incredible view, the last two full days of our stay we were unable to use it, due to the excessive ongoing noise.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2107 and the view was breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank relaxingwithnature
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thanks for the review. I am sorry your stay was less than perfect. We would hope all guests have a wonderful time while they are with us. It seems you had some maintenance issues with the room at checkin. I understand you did not want to be disturbed but a quick call to the desk and our maintenance team would have been able to handle these right away. As far as the pool refinishing, we sceduled it during this time the three days before each bike rally because it ia our slowest occupancy time of the year and it is the loudest time with the bikes in town. The website explains this time and warns of the noise of pool refinishing and the bike noise. We refinish our pools on a regular schedule so that our guests can enjoy them in the best condition possible. We did not take down but one pool at a time so our guests that were there could enjoy the others. Thanks and hope to see you again in the future.