“Beautiful Hotel, Small Rooms!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceans One Resort

Oceans One Resort
Ranked #28 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Calhoun Falls, South Carolina
“Beautiful Hotel, Small Rooms!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our 5 day vacation at Ocean's One Resort. It is a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views from the balcony! We stayed in a one bedroom condo (type 10). For the price we payed, the room was extremely small!!!! If we ever return to this hotel (which is doubtful because I've stayed at a lot nicer for a lot less!!!) we would definitely go with the 2 bedroom! I will say the staff was very friendly. Angela was great at check-in!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for one night which nearly cost us $300 which I think was a little over charged! But when we got to the room it was nice and cozy with a nice view just very high up (18th floor) the couch was dirty. (Don't keep light colored furniture if you can't keep it clean). The bathroom was a little dirty so I took my Clorox and cleaned it myself. The bed was nice and big. And the kitchen was convenient. Expected more from the pool area compared to others we saw close by. And it sucks they don't have a parking deck why do we have to walk across the street. Overall my stay was nice not sure if I will go back if the price is the same.

2 Thank BDoloresR
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Oceans One offers a great experience from the moment you arrive. Kenza, the clerk at the front desk check-in was great! My wife and I stayed from 6/2/14 thru 6/6/14, and would have loved to stay longer. Oceans One was clean and family friendly. They do not allow smoking on the premises. The view of the ocean from the balcony was great. The room layout was excellent. Our room had two queen beds and in the dean close to the balcony, there was a hideaway bed. We also had a fegrig/freezer, and a stove and microwave. The bedroom was situated in such a way as to allow complete darkness when sleeping, and also minimized any sound that might come from surrounding rooms. Next time I am in Myrtyle Beach, I plan to stay here again.

Mike W.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We live in TN and go to MB several times a year. We have literally stayed at 90% of the hotels there and this was the
absolute best so far. The ONLY thing I would say could be improved upon were the baseboards in the bathroom were worn. BUT IT'S THE
BEACH!! And I'm anal about cleanliness. MICHELLE at check in was amazing and I know about her kids:) We travelled with a small child and our room was ready early and she could relate!! Will ALWAYS stay here!! Complaints about the noise......stay away from
The Strip!!

2 Thank AndieHelton
Greeneville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

First off it took a very long time to get checked in because everyone was checking in at 4:00, which was the check in time but most places I have been before always have your room ready a little early so if you get there an hour or so early you can go ahead and check in. Then you have to drive across the busy street to unload. There were no carts available so we had to make 3 trips up to the room to get our luggage in the room. Then you have go across the busy street again to park and have to park a very long way away from the motel. It is not a good set up at all. There was trash laying around because they didn't have any trash cans anywhere for people to throw it away so I guess they just put it down on the side walk, lobby and elevator. We were on the 7th floor so I figured it would be pretty quiet and peaceful. WRONG!!! It was very noisy. You could hear kids screaming in the swimming pool on one side and people revving their motors and blowing their horns on the other. I thought it may be because of all the glass but we could hear people above or below us banging the walls and screaming all hours of the night all 5 nights we stayed. I have stayed at a lot nicer places for a lot less money. I guess you could say I made 2 trips in 1. My first time staying and my last time. I will never stay here again. If I wanted to stay at a noisy place I would have stayed at a cheaper place. That's just a few things that weren't good about the place. I could tell more but I think that is enough to give you an idea of what it was like.

Room Tip: If the 7th floor was noisy, the other ones probably are too.
3 Thank Valerie R
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place to stay. Location is perfect, with access to the beach and walking distance to family kingdom and everything else just a short drive. Rooms are very comfortable and well kept. Kenza at check in was very friendly and helpful to assure are vacation got off to a perfect start.

Talbott, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Check-in was quick and handled by Kenza, who was really friendly. Condo was nice and roomy for our party of 10. One had to sleep on the sofa bed which, as usual, was VERY uncomfortable. Had to buy cookie sheet and pot holders. For the price you pay there should be no wants. DO NOT leave purses or anything of value laying out. Caught one housekeeper with her hand in my purse and me IN the condo. Hallway on our floor as you got off elevator was never vacuumed the whole week we were there. I loved the location, liked the looks of the hotel, but just can't give a 5 star rating overall.

6 Thank Bobbettelynne