“Great Service, HORRIBLE Nights”
Review of Oceans One Resort

Oceans One Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Service, HORRIBLE Nights”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When we first arrived at Myrtle Beach, we decided to switch hotels last minute because we were unhappy with our first choice. Michelle at Oceans One was amazing and helpful when it came to accommodating my family last minute! She was so welcoming! The rooms are awesome and housekeeping is very nice and caters to your every need.

BUT I did not enjoy being woken up at 3:30am two nights in a row by the fire alarm! We were on the 16th floor and had to walk down the stairs to be evacuated, and the cause was someone smoking in the staircase! We were barely given any information about the situation and walking down 16 flights of stairs for nothing absolutely ruined my trip! We tried to call the front desk and got no one!

Although I loved the service and Michelle was amazing, I will probably never stay again due to having to evacuate twice in the middle of the night and never getting an answers!

2 Thank katie_kat3300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I go to Myrtle Beach once a year. Myrtle Beach is usually an awesome place for both adults and children. When we go we usually stay at the Sandy Beach Resort which is next door to Ocean's One. Sandy Beach is the bomb with 5 pools, friendly staff, more elevators (6 of them), and plenty of parking. This time we decided to try Ocean's One because it looks so pretty from the OUTSIDE (with glass exterior) but looks are obviously deceiving. From check-in to check-out I was very disappointed. The room that we were given was not the cleanest and the white leather furniture was dirty and had holes in it with tape to try to conceal it. We tried to switch out rooms but was told they were completely booked even though the sign outside of the lobby said rooms are available. The elevators were supper duper S-L-O-W. We had to often wait anywhere from 15 mins to 30 mins and for the size of the hotel, there were only 3 elevators. The lobby being across the street from the resort was just stupid. There was no security at the building where the guests stayed which made us feel very uneasy. Myrtle Beach has recently had a few shootings and I would think that hotels would be more cautious with guests that are spending money to stay at Ocean's One Resort given that the cost of staying at Ocean's One is significantly higher than other resorts at Myrtle Beach. To top that off I rarely saw a police presence on the main strip where there was lots of loitering going on. The size of the outdoor swimming pool for the size of the resort was too small. I never saw anyone cleaning the pool in the morning like other resorts, namely Sandy Beach Resort does. I will never ever stay at this resort again and people that brought timeshares at this resort should feel disappointed as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank TeeJay69
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks for the review. I am glad you like the Sandy Beach next door for it is a wonderful place to stay as well as Oceans One. I would like to address you review and set the facts straight.

1. Not enough pools and elevators
We both have eight total bodies of water. We have 3 customer elevators to their 6 but they have 244 rooms to service to our 131rooms.

2. Slow Elevators
Our elevators are Otis Gen 3 elevators and are the fastest on the market

3. Lobby across the street
Easy access on check in and check out. We did not want to take up oceanfront space for
other amenities.

4. No Security
Our building has key access to get in where the Sandy Beach does not. We Both have
Excaliber Security, we both use the same company.

5. Not enough Police on the street
We do not control this but since we are side by side with the Sandy Beach, we have the same
coverage from the police.

6. Outdoor pool to small
Sandy Beach has two outdoor pools totaling 75,000 gallons. We have one at 45,000. with
75,000 gallons for 244 room its averages 307 gallons per room. We have 45,000 for
131 rooms which is 343 gallons per room.

7. Pools not cleaned like Sandy Beach
We both use the same pool company to clean our pools. They clean Sandy Beaches pools
and the same employees then clean ours directly after. The same people

Both properties, Sandy Beach and Oceans One are great choices to stay in Myrtle Beach. I do not understand how we deserve a terrible rating considering the facts from your complaint. Hopefully, the future guests will look at the total of our reviews and consider the facts in their decision. Thanks and hope to see you again soon.
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in May 2014—before the big seasonal rush—and cost was very reasonable for this quality property. Location is wonderful and room was spacious and very clean. Only concern was very poor wi-fi (I know I shouldn't work on vacation, but I do). I could get online, but it kept losing my signal. Front office (which is across the road) says that they are planning an upgrade. We really enjoyed our stay and will return!

Room Tip: For a couple, consider Floor Plan 9 that's only available on the second floor. Bedroom is on oce...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stuartwil
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this resort since it's opening. it has everything you can ask for, great location, near the boardwalk and malls, spectacular view, friendly staff , clean rooms and good service. We are going back for three months this year and maybe 4 months next year .John the maintenance guy is very reliable and so nice and the others as well. The mattresses are so comfortable, our friends that came to visit said they had the best sleep ever.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gaetane3
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in room 206 from June 5 to 9. My husband and I traveled with our adult daughter and boyfriend. It was nice to have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. This condo is a great spot for those who don't like elevators or high rises. The stairway led right to the room from the unloading area. The parking lot and the office are across the street, and parking is free. Make sure you have your parking tag in sight. The livingroom was nicely appointed. The bedrooms (one king/ two queens) were very comfortable, bathrooms were clean and roomy, the kitchen was the perfect space (granite tops, and stainless appliances) to make a quick meals so we could head out to the beach, etc. It was great to have a washer and dryer in the unit, too. This unit had 2 sliding glass doors to balconies that overlooked the pool area. Some reviews said it was loud due to the pool, but we didn't seem to mind. The pools looked nice, but we are beach lovers so didn't make use of the area. There's kiddie pools and a lazy river as well. I loved the sliding glass door in the master bedroom. The weather that week was fabulous so we were able to keep the door open through the night. It was awesome to listen the ocean lull us to sleep and even more incredible to wake up to! The 2nd Ave. Pier is within short walking distance. It's a dollar to enter the pier. It looked as though Myrtle Beach is renewing. There's a beautiful new walkway between 2nd and 16th Ave. My only negative comment would be that this condo is set next to public beach access so the beach was a little crowded at times.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here may 19th until may 23rd... The hotel was beautiful! Nice clean room, wonderful ocean front condo! The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was nice and big and the kitchen comes fully equipped! The staff was nice and friendly the maintenance man even helped my girlfriend fix the seat belt in our car! I would definitely stay here again. Very nice hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Krystle S
Calhoun Falls, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our 5 day vacation at Ocean's One Resort. It is a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views from the balcony! We stayed in a one bedroom condo (type 10). For the price we payed, the room was extremely small!!!! If we ever return to this hotel (which is doubtful because I've stayed at a lot nicer for a lot less!!!) we would definitely go with the 2 bedroom! I will say the staff was very friendly. Angela was great at check-in!