“Wow great room with a view”
Review of Oceans One Resort

and 1 more site!
Oceans One Resort
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Love the place clean and fun. Angela the reservationist was so friendly and helped us get settled. We wanted a great clean hotel and were not disappointed. We got the larger room and the couple extra dollars were well worth it.

Room Tip: All ocean side rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just came back from our 5th year with staying with Oceans One. One of the main reasons we keep coming back to Oceans One is Greg Floyd in Maintenance. He always make us feel special and takes great care of us. The nights he works we feel really safe there and he looks out for all the kids and teenagers. He is a special person. We love the hotel and will be back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just returned from a seven night stay at oceans one in a type 11 room on the eleventh floor. We have gone three years in a row and won't go back. Rooms are dirty and showed major wear! White couch and chair were nasty. Lifted up the cushion on the chair and it was stained with god only knows what and hairs all in it and hairs were all in the bathroom. The kitchen area was not cleaned properly and the cabinets are damaged at the bottom. We didn't use room service but the cleaning lady seemed lazy she was usually leaning on the wall or sitting on the floor when we saw her. Pool area was strong with chlorine. And last but not least there were big cock roaches everywhere on the ground floor area and outside and all around the whole area and witnessed a drug deal with a guy and a guy in a Mercedes. Area has turned into a ghetto. If I wanted to go to a ghetto I would have went to vine st in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank ChadWoo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well I was in room 806 last week and really this hotel is fantastic place for the family, clean and the employees are so nice in special MR GREG FLOYD from maintenance dpt this gentleman fixed our ac .unit faster and professional,he was pending about our room is evething working properly and I was looking how the employees take care to the costumers,really we was confortable in this hotel we was feel like we was in the house,with lazy river,pools,and special fantastic view to the beach if next time we back to myrtle beach 100 % we will back to this great hotel.

Room Tip: Clean and safety everything working properly,rooms quieter.
1  Thank Henry C
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have stayed at many hotels in Myrtle and this place was just a place to sleep. We were hoping for a relaxing last getaway before school started, but this place left much to be desired. The room was not very clean upon arrival. The living room furniture is a white vinyl and had holes in it. The bedroom fabric headboard had holes as well. The kitchen had very minimal cookware, which would have been okay, but there were no hot pads, so using the oven or stove were a bit tricky with the 2 pots and one broiler pan provided. Location is in the heart of the strip, but this also means very busy streets and shoulder to shoulder beach. The wireless signal was very week, my lap top and the kids Kindles would not run off of it. The pools were okay, but the chlorine in the pools was so strong, the kids eyes burned for hours. The unit did not seem well maintained at all, or the building in general. The lady who checked us in was very nice, but if this is all she has to work with, good luck.

3  Thank Amy9159
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our 5 night stay at Ocean's One was ultimately a success simply due to the view of the ocean. Nothing about our stay in this place was indicative of a $435/night (total) experience. Our two bedroom unit located on the 6th floor was simply very dirty and poorly maintained. AC vents rattled so loud could not sleep without stuffing a wash cloth in them. The kitchen faucet was so loose, it was barely usable. The bath towels were paper thin, which isn't a huge deal, just a nice opportunity to add a little touch of class. The unit has a full kitchen, yet barely any dishes on which to eat and nothing with which to cook! It's just a poorly maintained unit. The indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs were pretty gross as well. Nothing about this property felt clean or well maintained.

Crazy rant time..
In addition, I had a real problem with the lifeguard who insisted on blocking the entire front of the beach with rental chairs and umbrellas. I'm on the beach early (6:30am) to fish set up my chairs and relax before the crowds arrive. The lifeguard comes a little later and feels he can move me so he can line up the cash cow of rental gear. Also he harassed me for fishing, even though it was an empty beach. He threatened to call someone to give me a ticket for fishing and said "Fine. I have a license to fish". That seemed to shut him up, but did ruin my desire to fish. I drove over 1000 miles to visit and for 5 days this dude (who is only doing as he is asked I'm sure) sells the best spots on the beach for $35/day and $25 each additional day. I'm fine with the rentals, just don't tell me I can't sit on the beach where I want!
Rant over.....

Another suggestion is to relocate the shower used to rinse from the beach to a better location. All the runoff from that shower pools at the only entrance to the beach and it gets pretty gross at times.

On the positive side, the room layout was nice and the view of the ocean was perfect. My family and I enjoyed the stay despite the list of minor inconveniences and a lifeguard overstepping his boundaries. The best thing about this hotel is the location. However, I would not return to this place.

2  Thank Appst90
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I had 2 large units, we booked 5 months in advanced. We have no problem dropping $ on a Vacation and we do so every year however we want what we pay for. This place has very nice front desk, the manager never got back to me after several attempts within 5 days of problems, Staff is supper friendly but here are some if the issues, Stool on bathroom tub and door, blood stains on the sofa bed, the tub had viable mold around trim, the pool area had fungus in standing water that your kids had to walk through just to get to kiddy pool area, after 3 attempts to get it clean my mother took to a broom herself and starting cleaning. (I may add the staff then stepped up and finally took the time to clean it) we always stay at a high rated resort but for what we paid this was a joke, the AC barley blew throughout our unit the staff did bring me floor fans but with toddlers in the room this was not safe. it was nice being so sloes to the ocean but I was very disappointed with not one but 2 large units for the price, we would not recommend this facility for anyone with kids or like to stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family