“Fun Spot”

Ranked #34 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ottawa
“Fun Spot”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Have spent 6 winters here and will keep coming back.
On the beach and close to everything.
Rooms are clean and spacious.
Indoor pool is very warm which is very welcome as January can get cool.
All staff is very friendly and helpful.
Very quiet rooms.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: For a 1 bedroom choose the 03's.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We've been coming here for years now and so far this is the nicest place we've stayed at. Teresa was a ton of help at the front desk :) she's a great person to be welcomed by! Oceans one is a great place to stay and it's clean and the view is AMAZING!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank ashondell5
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I just got back from a visit at Oceans One. My family stayed August 9-17 2014. We arrived early and the desk located across the street gave us pool bands and told us we could sit in the lounge on the second floor if we would like or go to the pool. Well I started to have concerns as you exited the elevator on the second floor the carpets were dirty and the guest lounge/employee break room was disgusting. One side of the room had at least 15 employee's sitting all over the first side of the lounge not bothering or attempting to move for the hotel guest. we squeezed to the back of the lounging area on a ripped sofa that was white and untidy. My concerns were growing about our room. Finally we got to check in hours later and to my relief the room LOOKED clean and nice. Well from there everything I thought went out the door. The cleaning service for this hotel would be fired if they worked for me. We ran out of Kleenex the first day and it was never replaced. We ran out of plastic cups at the bathroom sinks never replaced, I had to ask for another dishwasher cleaner because we ran out and it was never replaced. The toilets were dirty the entire stay, finally on are last day someone cleaned them. They never would wipe the table or kitchen counters. The coffee table was never wiped. It was gross. I had 2 college age children with me and they even said it was dirty and they can usually sleep anywhere and adapt to all kinds of conditions. The housekeeping literally came in grabbed the trash and made the beds and put towels in the room. That was the one thing that made me happy they gave an ample amount of wash cloths and towels. I looked around at things as we stayed and seen old stains run down the stove and when you opened the fridge there was something old and dried up on the floor that was from the guest before. Things just did not appear to be that clean. I usually stay at Sandy Beach next door, but Oceans One had better rates when we booked and we had stayed there years ago and it was not really this bad. This will probably be my last stay Sandy Beach has over all better place. Better atmosphere nicer employees. I don't know if this was a result to its close to the end of the season or what. It all boils down to you get what you pay for. If I paid just a little more I would of had a better place. Next time it will be Sandy Beach.

2 Thank LuvThePens
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Love the place clean and fun. Angela the reservationist was so friendly and helped us get settled. We wanted a great clean hotel and were not disappointed. We got the larger room and the couple extra dollars were well worth it.

Room Tip: All ocean side rooms are great
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just came back from our 5th year with staying with Oceans One. One of the main reasons we keep coming back to Oceans One is Greg Floyd in Maintenance. He always make us feel special and takes great care of us. The nights he works we feel really safe there and he looks out for all the kids and teenagers. He is a special person. We love the hotel and will be back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just returned from a seven night stay at oceans one in a type 11 room on the eleventh floor. We have gone three years in a row and won't go back. Rooms are dirty and showed major wear! White couch and chair were nasty. Lifted up the cushion on the chair and it was stained with god only knows what and hairs all in it and hairs were all in the bathroom. The kitchen area was not cleaned properly and the cabinets are damaged at the bottom. We didn't use room service but the cleaning lady seemed lazy she was usually leaning on the wall or sitting on the floor when we saw her. Pool area was strong with chlorine. And last but not least there were big cock roaches everywhere on the ground floor area and outside and all around the whole area and witnessed a drug deal with a guy and a guy in a Mercedes. Area has turned into a ghetto. If I wanted to go to a ghetto I would have went to vine st in Cincinnati.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank ChadWoo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well I was in room 806 last week and really this hotel is fantastic place for the family, clean and the employees are so nice in special MR GREG FLOYD from maintenance dpt this gentleman fixed our ac .unit faster and professional,he was pending about our room is evething working properly and I was looking how the employees take care to the costumers,really we was confortable in this hotel we was feel like we was in the house,with lazy river,pools,and special fantastic view to the beach if next time we back to myrtle beach 100 % we will back to this great hotel.

Room Tip: Clean and safety everything working properly,rooms quieter.
1 Thank Henry C