“Best hole in the wall place!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe! We specialize in delicious and reasonably priced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customer favorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe promise to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe has been a Myrtle Beach favorite, especially to fulfill a yen for fresh oysters, since 1985. Also known for its fresh shellfish and fish and excellent service, Bimini's offers a casual, but memorable dining experience. Reggae, beach music and the like wafts through the air and accentuates the fun environment.
“Best hole in the wall place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is a seafood dive, but it's the best place you will find seafood. We eat here 2 or 3 times a week when we vacation here and all our friends that we recommend usually eat here twice during their vacation. I can't recommend this enough, my kids love the place too. If they did mail order I would ship to my house.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Hidden in plain sight!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting Myrtle Beach for about 30 years and had never given Bimini's a chance for dinner (or even lunch.) This year we stopped in for dinner and was extremely pleased with the place! All the food was terrific with the exception of my steamed shrimp. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty good, but the Old Bay seasoning was just sprinkled on top of them once they were put on the plate. I prefer steamed shrimp to actually be cooked IN the Old Bay seasoning. Most people would agree with me on this. My wife had a seafood kabob that she is still talking about. She loved it! My son had a dozen steamed oysters and only shared one with me! They were done just right!

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone with a penchant for a low key seafood dinner with a great beer selection.

The staff was great too!

(Season up that shrimp a little more and I am upgrading you all to 5 stars!)

“Still Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We visit myrtle beach a least a couple times a year, every trip we make at least one stop at Biminis, we are never disappointed!! the key west Mahi Mahi was great, and my husband always goes for the combination platter. Get there for happy hour and the oysters are discounted. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful to suggest things to do on a rainy day at the beach. We will continue to make this one of our usual stops in myrtle

1 Thank Carolina5252
Marion, Indiana
“Can't ever miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

When we want casual dining, great seafood, and a fun atmosphere, we head to Bimini's. Been going there the last four years whenever we're at Myrtle Beach. Suggest that if you de.cide to give it a try, better get there EARLY because at 5:00 pm people start rolling in and they do not take reservations. Drinks are great, oysters, crab legs, grouper, etc........oh my!

Visited July 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Understaffed and overcrowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Bimini's motto is "No bad days." Well it had one the night I visited with six other friends and family. We went to Bimini's last year and had a great time and I gave it a good review on Tripadvisor, but what a difference a year makes. This year, we went on a Thursday and it was packed at 7 p.m., usually a good sign. There were several large groups waiting in line. We were told it would be an hour and 15 minutes to get a table. We waited it out, got our table (actually a picnic table) and waited for our server. After about 15-20 minutes she came, we ordered a dozen raw oysters and a pound of crab legs for the table. Then we all ordered individual dinners. After about 20 or so minutes, the oysters came out, but only the oysters. No baskets of hushpuppies, standard in most seafood restaurants, and no crab legs. After the long waits, we were starving and a basket of pups would have made the wait easier. Waited again for about 15-20 minutes and we received one entree. Then another trickled out. Then two more and finally the last three. We got a basket of hushpuppies with the final round of entrees. When I asked about the crab legs, the server replies, "Oh heck." After about 15 more minutes, the crab legs finally came, but by then we were almost finished with our dinners.
When we did get the food it was good and hot, but as long as we waited outside and at the table, we could have been happy eating a shoe. Also, the tarter and cocktail sauces were very bland. I've had better at Captain D's.
By the time we were finishing up dinner, the crowd had changed over from the dinner crowd to the dive bar crowd. While I was eating, an obviously intoxicated man sat beside me at our table. I asked, "Who the hell are you?" He stammered and stuttered and finally said, "I'm just somebody looking for a place to sit." To which I replied, "Well this ain't it." He eventually staggered toward the door.
The atmosphere at Bimini's is much like the lobby of Walmart on Black Friday. You can't have conversation without yelling. And since we had people in our party who were elderly, they were completely turned off by it. I hope during the offseason that the owners buy the land next to the restaurant and expand or I won't be back.
It seems like last year when we visited, the portion sizes were bigger, the service was much better and atmosphere was not as rowdy and crowded. What a huge difference a year makes.

• Visited August 2014