Message from TripAdvisor:

“Good hotel, AWFUL ROOM.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
South Wind On The Ocean
Ranked #79 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is usually real nice and the people are always real friendly, but the room we had was VERY uncomfortable. We had to put pillows under the couch cushions so we wouldn't sink so bad into the couch. And the housekeeping DID NOT check on us every day which was extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Chances723,

Thank you for taking time to share your most recent experience with us, I can't apologize enough for your stay not being up to our normal caliber of performance. I can assure you that this is not a normal experience of our valued guests and I would very much like to speak to you further at your convenience regrading the issues that you experienced. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our extremely friendly staff and hope that you will consider us again for a future trip to the Myrtle Beach area so that we can show you our true potential. Thanks again for the comments, we hope you have a fantastic summer and hope to see you again soon.

843.449.4010 ext 7106

There are newer reviews for South Wind On The Ocean

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Although I have stayed at South Wind a few times I have never been this disappointed before. I tried using Ocean Front Vacation Rentals instead of the other rental agencies as Ocean Front rents directly for the owners. I stayed in a 3 bed 3 bath unit on the 11th floor during the month of July 2013. The unit had a odor which can only be described as "dirty". The floors had not been swept as we could feel the sand as we walked through kitchen and dining area. The rugs had not been vacuumed. In stead of calling the rental agent I plan to use the public records data base for Myrtle Beach to find the owners and let them know how poorly their investment is being cared for.

Room Tip: Try to call owner directly
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank maggie1993093
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear maggie1993093,

I can't speak for the rental company that you chose to rent through but I can encourage you that next time you would like to take advantage of all of the fantastic things that South Wind on the Ocean has to offer to rent directly through us. This is a beautiful property with some fantastic rooms that taken care of properly can exceed your vacation expectations.

843.449.4010 ext 7106

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Beautiful ocean front room, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, housekeeping always stuck their schedule, convenient parking and a big beach. Excellent fitness room, indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Almost perfect, except. THE INTERNET IS A DISASTER. Network off and on, off and on, constantly losing and regaining connections, every 2 minutes, or maybe every 2 hrs. All the interruptions while we used our Netflix were worse than commercials.

GOOD LUCK getting someone to fix it. Everything else gets taken care of immediately. Internet, IT problems? HA! Those people are contractors, not employees and will fit you in when they feel like it.

Also, they said, the IT problems are even worse if you use an Apple product. Waving her hands in the air "Apple products are just....phhhhssshhhh"

Room Tip: You can leave your laptop and/or pad and/or your Roku box at home.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeverlyBoop
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear BeverlyBoop,

Thank you so much for choosing South Wind on the Ocean for your recent stay at the beach, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here. We do apologize for the internet connections problems that you experienced and it is a problem that we are spending considerable time trying to make sure that we find a competent fix for. Hopefully, this one thing will not deter you from coming back and enjoying the many other fantastic things that you were able to experience at our resort, I can assure you that your experience during your next stay with us will surpass your expectations. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything we can do for you in the future, and we hope you have a fantastic year.

843.449.4010 ext. 7106

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The overall experience was second to none. Everyone loved the unit that we stayed in Unit 301. We had lots of room. We will be back several times next year and we will also let others know about your facilities. It was 8 of us that stayed and we had a ball.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Renee R
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Renee R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent experience. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and fantasic staff. Word of mouth if one of the best ways to build a good business, so we can't tell you how much we will appreciate you taking the time to give us recommendations to others. We look forward to hosting you again soon, and wish you a warm winter.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

All my girlfriends vacation together one week a year. We have stayed at South Winds the last 3 years and have booked a week for next year. The accomodations are excellent! I really appreciate Laurie at the front desk who makes everything run smoothly. She takes very good of all of our needs. Looking forward to next year. Connie

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Ned B
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Connie Bade,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review as well as the fantastic comments regarding Laurie, I will make sure she knows. We can't thank you and all of our return guests for your support and patronage and are happy to see that we are still meeting and exceeding your expectations each visit. We look forward to having you back soon for your fourth season with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I stay in this area when we go to Myrtle Beach. It is in a great location of Myrtle Beach. The beach area here is wide and South Wind is centrally located to all of the Myrtle Beach attractions. We used all of the amenities, pools, lazy river, hot tubs and the gym. Everything was well maintained and in working order. It is quiet, friendly and clean. Breakfast on the balcony is wonderful. Watching the sun and the moon come up over the ocean from our balcony was great. We go in late September so the crowds are down but it is still warm and is a beautiful time of year there. The staff was great, the receptionist helped give us with directions and tips of the area. If you are looking for a quiet, nice and relaxing place to stay, this is it. There is nothing that I did not like except that maybe I had to much room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiCanLA

Dear MiCan LA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at South Wind on the Ocean. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed one of our very spacious condos, and enjoyed the area. We certainly feel you can't beat our location, we can get you to most every theater or attraction in under 25 minutes. We hope that you do chose us again for your next trip to the area and hope you have a great upcoming holiday season.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I like this property a lot but there have been some changes since I stayed here 2 years go. First of all, the receptionist wasn't there the whole time we were there. We locked ourselves out of the room and had to go to Beach Colony for help. Why? Apparently the ficticious receptionist only works 5 days per week but if we were there for 3 days and never saw her.......nevermind......maybe my math skills are lacking. The water fall/fountain out front wasn't working. It didn't even have water in it and this is one of the really beautiful attractions of this property. Please fix it!

Overall, GREAT stay. Nothing was broken except router for Internet but, we had a back up. Our room was clean and the decor was nice.

I am looking for a new job so if the receptionist job is available I will take it!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AquaBaby M
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Aquababy M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we only staff the desk at South Wind only a few days of the week, and only during the day. We schedule her based on the occupany for the property. I would also like to assure you that the water fountain out front will be working as it was going through its yearly inspection and repairs during your stay, I'm sorry you were unable to see this in it's normal working condition. We hope we have the opportunity to host you and yours again soon.