Message from TripAdvisor:

“First stay at South Wind on the Ocean”

We can't find prices for this hotel
South Wind On The Ocean
Ranked #72 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Frederick, Maryland
“First stay at South Wind on the Ocean”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First time visiting the South Wind on the Ocean, and it will not be our last. Everyone in the family had a great time. Laurie at the front desk was sweet and helpful, and he ladies cleaning our rooms were friendly. Next year I plan on upgrading from a three bedroom to a five bedroom to accommadate more family. I recommend staying at the South Wind on the Ocean. Ruth D. 7/2014

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicole H, Manager at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Ruth D,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us and letting us know the great service that Laurie and our housekeeping staff were able to provide for you. They are an awesome staff, that truly work hard to see that our guests are happy and satisfied and I will be sure to let them know the impression they left on you.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Southampton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Absolutely terrible for the money!! I should have expected a terrible experience because as soon as we arrived, the front desk woman was SO rude!!! She had her grandkids running around behind the counter and yelling at them!! Because I mentioned to her that the reservation dept told me that I could check in around 3pm, she rudely said no, I don`t know who your talking about but we don`t check in until around 4pm, not AT 4pm but AROUND 4pm. We had the 3 bedroom on the top floor (which was suppose to be a pent house, what a joke!). Furniture was old, hair was left in tub (which I had to clean in order to give my 2 kids that are under 5 a bath), hair on the window sills, cleaning service was not good, the balcony door was jammed stuck, we had to call maintenance (twice because there was no sign of anyone after 3 hours of waiting!). He suggested that we leave the door unlocked so we can access the balcony!! Did I mention that I had 2 kids under the age of 5!! He suggested this because he didn`t have anything on him to fix it and he had 5 other rooms to go to after us! This was around 8:30pm!! Are you kidding, trying to watch the sun set from inside the room was ridiculous! It just seemed that no one could care less about providing good service to their guests! Oh and free wifi, that was also a joke!! Don`t believe it!! No internet service with every single attempt!!! Spend your money elsewhere, so you can get what you pay for!!!

4 Thank Melissa W
Nicole H, Manager at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Melissa W,

I am very disappointed that we were unable to make this experience everything that you were expecting. I know I had spoken to you during your stay and tried to rectify the issues you had , but it appears that I was unsuccessful and I apologize sincerely for that. If there is anything I can do for you in the future or if you would like discuss your experience further, I am available at your convenience. South Wind is a beautiful property with some beautiful rooms to match, I hope that you give us another chance to show just how amazing this resort can be. We wish you and yours a fantastic summer.

843.449.4010 ext 7106
nhadad@beachcolony.com
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have stayed at SouthWind once a year over the last 6/7 years, with my sisters family as well as our mom and dad (who r in their 80's). Laurie, at the front desk has been an amazing help every year. She's gone as far as checking out the balcony (of the unit we were going to rent), to see if it had a table big enough to play cards on. She's also said that she could swap out balcony chairs, to better accommodate mom.This year, she helped me out by arraigning for me to be able to stay at SouthWind while I was waiting for my condo to get ready at their sister hotel. She made sure we had plenty of towels and wash cloths and called just to make sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. We always take a TON of sweets( including a big red velvet cake I make), and we love spoiling her with a big plate of goodies. Be sure to ask for her when u go!

Dear Kim B,

Thank you so much for sharing your great review of South Wind on the Ocean. I am so glad to hear that you have come to love Laurie as much as we do and will be sure to pass these comments along to her. Providing you with the customer service you deserve is something we strive for and I am thrilled that we could do so for you and yours. We appreciate your continued support and patronage and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed at Southwind 3 different years now and have rented through VRBO. While we love the hotel itself and even the rooms we have stayed in we will never go back because of the attitudes of some of the owners. You better hope you don't hang a towel on a fence to dry or move a pool chair even an inch because you will have the owner police on you immediately!! We rent 5 bedroom condos there which are obviously not cheap and it is pathetic that you have to feel like a scolded child every time you make a move that an owner doesn't like. This has happened each year we have stayed there with this past year being the worst. We are a quiet respectable family who does not drink or smoke or disturb anyone but were reprimanded for moving a chair (which we just moved to the place it was the previous day) and hanging a bathing suit cover up on one part of the fence to dry. Who needs that on vacation??? You have to watch every move you make. One owner in particular sits out on her balcony and yells things down about the chairs etc. That has happened more than once and on different trips to the condo. Beware if you intend to have any sort of fun or feel like you are on vacation this is NOT the place for you!! If you breathe wrong you might just get a comment from the infamous balcony ;-). Again, we loved the condo but the owner situation is ridiculous. I mean come on people just because we are renters there doesn't mean you can treat us like second class citizens!!!! What a waste of an otherwise beautiful place!

• Stayed June 2014
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear linzg386,

While you didn't rent through Vacation Myrtle Beach, I would still like to take a moment to apologize for your experience. I have never heard such comments regarding the owners on that property from any of our guests and will be sure to take a look into the matter so that every guest whether renting through us or another company can feel comfortable. Thank you for sharing and we wish you a wonderful summer season.

Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our first stay at the South Wind and we were not disappointed. Parking was plentiful. Rooms spacious. Staff was courteous and helpful. Housekeeping was considerate and thorough.
Easy access to beach. Pools & hot tubs were clean. Plenty of pool chairs & tables. Elevators were never crowded or messy. Location was convenient to attractions and dining. We will be back in the future! We never felt crowded or cramped by other vacationers!

Room Tip: Corner units have a large wrap around balcony.
1 Thank RFamilyof5
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear RFamilyof5,

I an so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with South Wind on the Ocean. This is a beautiful property with a lot to offer and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about it. We can't wait to host you and yours again and wish you all a fantastic summer.

Greensboro nc
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed here in the past and always had a great time but this year the room was terrible overpriced outdated nasty sectional sofa i wouldnt put my dog on that thing the refridgertor was painted with a brush a tan color and the freezer was white lol i booked a king and got a queen that didnt even have a fan in the room it was hot in with ac on the only light in bedroom where the lamps

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Franksmith77
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Franksmith77,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your most recent trip and we appreciate your continued patronage. As I am sure you know all of our units are individually and some have begun to show their age. With helpful comments such as these we can continue to encourage the owners to update their units to the standards that you have come to expect when staying at our luxurious resort. We hope you give us another chance to surpass those expectations and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Not a big place so elevators do not take to long. Room was very clean on our arrival. Overall can't complain about anything. Definitely had taken the top spot for me to stay at while in Myrtle Beach. Family, friends, or solo just can't beat this place. Staff is very friendly and will help at any cause. Enjoy your stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travis G
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at South Wind On The Ocean, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Travis G,

I am so excited to hear that we have become your number one Myrtle Beach choice; it is an honor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about what a fantastic property South Wind on the Ocean can be. We can't wait to host you and yours again soon and wish you a fantastic summer.