Horizon at 77th
US$252
US$184
US$227
US$181
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$236
US$288
US$253
Hampton.com
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
US$227
US$202
All reviewslazy riverocean viewshort walk to the beachsister propertywasher and dryerbedroom condofull kitchenindoor pooljacuzzi tubparking garagesleeper sofahome away from homedvd playerchecking inup to datethe past yearsvisit myrtle beach
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

First, let me say our opinion of condo-type places is heavily influenced by being totally spoiled by our own tropical timeshare.

With that said, this was a perfectly nice place, although not super fancy. There was enough space for us, kids, and grandparents, even though the bedrooms are really small and fit little other than the bed itself. We had a really nice view and overall our place was nice and updated. It looked clean, but I was surprised when our feet were very dirty after walking around barefoot, so that made us question how clean it actually was. The staff of the hotel was great though and helped us out with anything we needed.

There are 3 pools: a small indoor pool, a small outdoor pool, and a small lazy river. My daughter enjoyed all 3, but we were there before the season really started. I wonder if these would be way to crowded to use when there was a normal summer crowd. They're all pretty tiny pools! It would have been nice if they were more separate too- that would have made it easier to keep the kids in one place versus all the pool hopping.

The location of the hotel is okay. It's easy to drive to grocery stores and things to do, but it's not really by the main drag of Myrtle Beach. That wasn't an issue for us, though, because it was easy to get to the beach. I just didn't realize Myrtle Beach doesn't really have a boardwalk until you go way down the beach. And, we needed to go out for everything, because the hotel doesn't have any sort of food or foods as far as I saw.

Lastly, bike week. Apparently we were there for the sport bike version of the bike weeks Myrtle Beach has. And, apparently this hotel is listed as "biker friendly". While I have no trouble with all the nice bikers I met, I did have a huge problem with the sound of ridiculously loud pipes keeping me up all night, the swarms of bikes driving pretty crazy out on the roads (and the multiple accidents we saw), and the insecurity of wondering why all of a sudden there was a huge police presence everywhere. And, we just read there was a shooting at another hotel after we left. So, check event dates and know what you're getting into before you go!!!

We enjoyed our time in Myrtle Beach, although I can't say if definitely stay here again, and I definitely wouldn't go during bike week!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank lisac20
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Lisa, thank you for taking the time with such a detailed comment. I truly believe you would have had a much better experience at Horizon and Myrtle Beach in general if you visited when the bike event was not happening. We do not advertise ourselves as being biker friendly, it just happens we get many since the town is full for that event during Memorial weekend. We specialize in family vacationing and the other 361 nights of the year it is a very peaceful resort. I do hope you will give Myrtle Beach and Horizon another change. We do have a lot to offer and want the opportunity of serving you again during quieter times. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ok, I just revisited this hotel recently. Wow. Thanks for the carpet changes, and new furniture. Yes I noticed. For these upgrades, I give you back 5 stars.

Also for the first time of appx 4x, I had an ocean view, by way of the 7th floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank shwanne1
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Well, we are sorry we had to redeem ourselves but we do have big smiles on our faces knowing you feel really good after staying at Horizon on your recent trip to our city. We also appreciate you sharing your positive experience for others to consider as they make their vacation plans.
We certainly hope you will be part of our Horizon family for years to come. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

For 4 years straight our church organization has been having our annual Women's Retreat at The Horizon. We always enjoy our stay. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the staff there always go out of their way to make sure everything goes well. We use their meeting rooms each time as well and the group coordinators, Erin and Breanne, are great to work with. We love it there so much that when it was our turn to sponsor our family reuion is South Carolina, it was no doubt which hotel we were going to use. Thanks again Erin and Breane for making our group reservations a breeze.

Room Tip: Most of the time we reserve the 3 bedroom but we have stayed in a 2 bedroom before and they were both very spacious. I recommend if taking the family to get a 3 bedroom. Each bedroom has its own balcony. The second floor and above are better because they are away from the noise of the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Vickie, I will make sure Breanne and Erin see your comments. I know it will mean a lot to them. Thank you so much for returning with you group for so many years. We really enjoy seeing groups return year after year. It's nice seeing familiar faces. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. That really means a lot to us and goes a long way toward introducing other groups to Horizon. Happy traveling!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a nice week at the Horizon, two bedroom, so much room, and is very clean and well maintained. Makes it that much more relaxed. Housekeeping does a great job also! Always recommend to my friends, and I have stayed at a few condos in Myrtle Beach over the years!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taz1959

Thank you Taz1959 for your kind words and for being a repeat guest at Horizon. We are very proud of our resort and love hearing from a repeat guest like yourself. It makes coming to work a pleasure knowing we make a difference. Thank you again for returning to Horizon and for your kind words.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a three week vacation and as usual a great time. This vacation we opted for a one bedroom. Happy to see that they are actively updating the furniture and carpets which were in need of some work. The desk staff are outstanding especially Josh K. Housekeeping staff are excellent.

The location is great. There are food stores, shops, restaurants all within walking distance. The ocean is just steps away.

Once again thank you everyone at Horizons for making another vacation perfect.
See you all in October

Room Tip: Avoid the first two floors as they are near the pool .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hearing a guest use the word "perfect" to describe their vacation at Horizon really makes us smile. We know you have many choices when making vacation plans in Myrtle Beach. We are very fortunate you chose us and very grateful you feel you chose right. Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We will look forward to the time when we can serve you again.