“Hotel very nice but......... ”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #68 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sparks, Maryland
“Hotel very nice but......... ”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Horizon is very nice. We enjoyed the resort and the room was great. My problem is the beach. Apparently, the lifeguards have a monopoly on where you can place a beach umbrella. We love to get on the beach early and stay until about 2 PM. We arrived at 8 AM to put our umbrellas and chairs out. We were behind the tide line but apparently we were in the area where the lifeguard sets up his 20 or so umbrellas. When he arrived he asked us to move our stuff because it is in his area. He said we can move it behind his umbrellas but we could not put it in front of his stuff. In order to get a prime spot, you have to move down below the lifeguards line of umbrellas which could be a long way. Not to mention one lifeguards line of umbrellas will link up to another and another and another. How can a lifeguard harass people to move their stuff. This was the topic by a lot of the tourists that we talked to. I think there is going to be a revolt before too long. What a pathetic thing for a resort area to allow. Ridiculous!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am happy to see you enjoyed Horizon and your stay. The city of Myrtle Beach does award vending privileges to specific life guard companies. I am not sure of the specifics on what they can demand from beach goers, but I am going to contact the city to find out. I have a feeling umbrellas are not allowed in front because it may make it difficult for them to have a clear view of the water. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our 4th time there and without fail, we had a great stay. We did have a problem the first night but Management took care of it the next day and gave us a night for free for the inconvience after that no problems. Our oceanview room was prefect and the staff extremely friendly. We went a week earlier this year due to our harass winter and to our amazement the weather was great, water warm and less crowded than the week before the 4th of July which we normally travel. My family and I love the horizon and can't wait until next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views and always upgrade for the Oceanview Room, worth the extra money.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank csias1153
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
It was really great reading your review and seeing how happy you were with the resort. Your recommendations really mean a great deal to us all. There are many choices in hotels in our city so when someone choosing us, we know we have an obligation to exceed their expectations. Thank you so much for choosing us and reviewing Horizon on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you return. Thank you again
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a third visit there. It was great. The rooms were nice and spacious. I love that it is in such a quiet location. When we wanted to go to the boardwalk, it was a short drive. The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools and the lazy river. We are planning another trip back in a few months.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Welcome back! Thank you for choosing us for the third time and sharing such a great review on Trip Advisor. Repeat guests mean so much and your recommendation means everything to us. We truly appreciate you and your kind words. We will look forward to seeing you again in a few months. Until then, we wish the very best to you and your family.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first time in this hotel. It is not directly on the beach, but you don't have to cross any streets or drive anywhere to get to the beach access. The beach is a couple minutes away. Wayyyy closer than we expected, even after booking. The rooms are spacious and family friendly( we have a toddler). The ocean view is great! We had a 2 bedroom OV. The pools only go to 3- 3 1/2 feet, but I believe you can access the hotel beside this one for a bigger pool( not really sure). Great stay! It's in a quiet area of MB. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely book with them again. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014
It's always a pleasure reading such a positive comment from a new guest. We appreciate you choosing Horizon. It will be a pleasure welcoming you back soon and hopefully often. Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor visitors and for allowing us the privilege of serving you while in our city. Return soon.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the best hotel in Myrtle Beach. Minutes away from the strip and has a beach view. Won't stay anywhere else in Myrtle Beach. Breanne and Erin are the best group coordinators. Nothing but excellent service.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank keepgodfirst
I am so happy to see you feel so at home at Horizon. Breanne and Erin were really appreciative of your kinds works about the service they provided. It meant a great deal to them. We look forward to your return. Thank you so much for your review.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon and loved it! The room was perfect. We especially loved the rose petals on the bed. The Staff was friendly and helpful with everything! Thank you for making our trip a memorable for us! We will be back for our anniversary I'm august 2014

• Stayed August 2013
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Congratulations and best wishes to you both. We wish you love and happiness! It is an honor knowing you chose Horizon for your honeymoon. It means a lot to us knowing you left ready to return. We also love having honeymooners return for anniversaries. It's fun welcoming them back. We look forward to having the privilege of serving you again. Thank you for your comments and for sharing them on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a Premier Bluegreen owner and have never been so upset! I booked a two bedroom with 2 bathrooms. For starters Bluegreen is only allowed to rent the rooms on the first floor. The same floor as the pool, with no view! Their checkin process is unsettling! The front desk agent was taking call after call while I stood there. Then after about 7 mins she finally tried to help me; she was not able to find my reservation! I drove over 6 hrs from Shennandah Crossing to Myrtle Beach for the front desk agent to not find my reservations! She called her contact with Bluegreen who also wasn't able to find my reservations right away! Long story short, Horizon 77 didn't get the cancelation from the prior reservation, nor my updated information. I was inconvenienced at least 15 mins! Bad business! Next they don't have Bluegreen key cards. Horizon 77 offer their "other" guest a DVD service for free and Bluegreen owners have to pay 2.00 a day for the service! Not happy with the service I've received so far! This is NOT Bluegreen quality!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tasha Y
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Tasha, Bluegreen has just recently purchased 4 condos in the Horizon Resort and they are all on the 1st floor. Since this is a newer partnership, Bluegreen emails the reservation information to us and we imput. It seems your reservations was made online and last minute which explains the issue,but certainly does not mean I am not concerned that you were made to wait. Bluegreen and our front office manager are working together to make sure last minute booking are communiated to us in a timely fashion. Please excuse our issues are we begin this relationship. I know with just a little more communication Bluegreen homeowners will find Horizon one of their favorite places in Myrtle Beach. Thank you for your comments.