“"Unexpected" restaurant for crab legs”
Review of Ocean Garden Buffet - CLOSED

Ocean Garden Buffet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I visited this restaurant for the first time the week after Labor day. We were a little leary because there weren't many people there. Then again there was a football game going on that night. I added the crableg option to my buffet. I am sure happy I did! They were the largest, freshest crablegs I have ever eaten. The claws were huge,, it took two bites to eat them! I stuck mainly with the crablegs but others in my party really enjoyed the prime rib and the hibachi grill.. I was very impressed with this restaurant. The manager went out of his way to make our visit enjoyable. We will be back!!

2  Thank nantsVirginia

Reviewed 1 October 2012

The deterioration was slow and painful. Alas, according to myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.com, a great publication, as of approx. September 26th, Ocean Garden Buffet has been closed permanently, either by the owners or by the Department (I can't tell) following a truly disgusting D.H.E.C. inspection report that you can link to and read. Maybe the owners felt that the aging, deteriorating place could not justify the cost of fixing the numerous violations, not to mention making much needed repairs and improvements and some desperately needed freshening up. I suppose, in keeping with M.B. tradition, we can look forward to yet another chain beachwear store, chain fireworks store, chain drugstore, chain burger/sandwich store, chain whatever store, to take its place. Alas, poor Ocean Garden, I knew ye well. You were pretty good in your day.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

They need to first change their sign out front....this a great example of false advertising. The waitress was very unpleasant and not welcoming at all. The food was horrible, there were no crab legs and hardly any seafood. Food was salty and deserts were stale.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Food terrible Was not hot and quality bad, Service bad. They should have told us they were closing and not seated us. Failed to credit coupon to ticket, Brought water with no ice, it was warm. Could not get someone to cook our food at the fix your own chinese buffet. Screwed up the credit card payment. I will never go to this place again.

1  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My parents love going to Ocean Garden when visiting Myrtle Beach so we went again this year. I think it has declined a bit in recent years. I have to agree with other reviewers who say there wasn't much seafood. It is an average quality buffet and the price is not bad. The food is okay - not great and the servers were friendly. I would go back (if my parents make me). :)