“Worst hotel ever”

Driftwood at the Boardwalk
Ranked #162 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Worst hotel ever”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Outdated, smells really bad, elevator does not works properly, does not have any amenities, no service, kitchen is old and nasty, tv's is a 27" and this is a Jr suite, linen is worn out, with stains all over, entrance door is plastic, not safe.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank myrtca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Arrived to check in and was told that my reservation had been cancelled and my credit card credited but was charged for a late reservation cancel and charged $15.00. I had not cancelled my reservation and in fact had checked back to confirm. They did not have another room with the amenities I had reserved. I will not be reserving with them in the future. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DWW45

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2012

we were to arrive to a ocean front room that was reserved for us july 5 we arrived the man at the front desk tried to put us into a cheaper room after we already paid for a ocean front room and acted like that is what the computer done and said the computer switches things daily we got the ocean front room only after i mentioned the cost he didnt want to refund any money and didnt want us in the room reserved for us.? needless to say we will not stay there again dont know what was up and dont care he tried to take money wrongfuly

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank peggy b
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2012

One elevator ,not working . Outdated rooms, and grounds. One redeeming quality, they gave me my money back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Travelqueen548336
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

my sister booked a reservation in March of 2012 for a stay at this hotel driftwood at the boardwalk. so when they traveled 500 miles from PA, to SC.. they get there to find out there reservation was sold! and the manager was very ignorant to my sister and mother... this hotel sucks and has very poor sevice... not to mention they DID NOT offer anything at all to make her trip worth while... so they then had to drive from Myrtle Beach clear to Ocean City to find a room to continue their vacation......

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gregory B
Kokomo, IN
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I read the reviews before we booked. I must say, I usually like better odds but we were looking last minute for a budget friendly hotel so we chanced it.. I am glad we did. The location is AWESOME, 2 blocks from the boardwalk where a lot of action is and fun stuff for kids. Directly on the beach w/ 2 pools oceanfront. We had a Jr. suite which was perfect. The view is ocean view which was fine and the kitchen/liv. rm and separate bdrm was grt. They provided coffeemaker, toaster, utensils, pans, etc. We didn't use coffee maker free coffee in lobby. The price was good for the location and the staff nice, they even gave us a later check out due to our flight leaving later. The room was somewhat updated but they still have "console:" tv's, this bugs my hubby but not me. It was clean and that matters most to me. The sofa sleeper was much to be desired very broken down but my teens slept here. Only issue we had was that our room was mid building on south side, which is close the street, so TONS of noise on wkend due to the kids cruising the strip til 2am. This was just an annoyance but no fault of hotel. They do not provide hairdryers which I was glad I had called ahead and asked. Overall, great experience and we would for sure stay here again, in fact, we are ready to make this our family vacation each yr!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank msditty
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We took a family vacation for the first time in Myrtle beach. We stayed at the Driftwood Lodge. It was a very nice family environment. We had the best office front view. The staff was wonderful and helpful. Great prices and lots of extras to go along with the package.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Plantation Resort
#2 of 5 in Surfside Beach
Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach
Sandpebble Beach Club, a Festiva Destination

Been to Driftwood at the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!