“Loved it!!”

Driftwood at the Boardwalk
Ranked #161 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

First let me say me and a friend of my researched hotels and after going to a few after arriving to myrtle beach all of the up scale hotels had the worst snotty staff but upon arriving at the driftwood the guys were nice and friendly me and me friend wanted a double room for her and her mate and a king for me and mine but after talking to the guys behind the counter he suggested splitting a room with our friends and upon arriving we walked in to a clean comfortable room there were towels in the bathroom and even tho we didn't get the ocean front room we wanted we could still see the ocean and hear it just fine. Also we got a room with a kitchen even tho we didn't ask for it. After 2 days me and my mate decided we wanted to stay longer and the guys couldn't have made it easier to adjust. Views are great attitude of the 2 guys great only bad parts we had to switch rooms cause heat didn't work in the new room we got and the Sunday attendent (not 2 nice guys from Friday and Saturday) was kind of rude but afternoon staff was great. And switching rooms was a breeze and we got another kitchen upgrade even tho we didn't ask for it. Great hotel even tho those 2 things were the only problems. Please stay here you will feel how I felt right at home Oh also bathrooms were clean and staff was nice and polite when they brought our towels definitely going to be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank alleycat9856

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This was an off season visit after the New Year. We decided to stop by Myrtle Beach on our way home from Florida. We stopped at two other motels and my wife said that the rooms were musty smelling and would not stay in them. The came the Driftwood Lodge. Yes, it's an older facility, but it was clean, nice and fresh. We will return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, ocean front.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Traveler T
Townville, SC
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Booked our room 6 months ahead, as I loved the location and quaintness of the hotel, but as it got closer to our trip I started reading all the bad reviews and I got scared because not only had I booked a room, so had many others in my family. Was nervous all the way down there but when we walked into our room, it was like, wow, it was a beautiful room with a great view!
The staff was amaizing as my brother and his soon to be wife had booked a side view and decided they wanted an ocean view. Gave it to them for about the same price. They were married on the beach in front of a great old hotel! This hotel reminds me of the times I used to go to the beach when I was younger and all the hotels were small and the management treated you as people not $$$'s
Think I hve finally found my favorite hotel!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great, as my whole family was scattered throughout the 3 buildings. No one had...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Janice A
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We headed out of the dreariness of Cleveland Ohio, January 2012, setting our destination point South for the winter!! After a 10 hour drive, we checked into another hotel, weary, hungry and sleepy and at 42 percent higher than The Driftwood Lodge... Rested, showered and morning coffee on the Beach, we walked the sunrise along the tide of The Atlantic~..so Refreshing~.. We actually stumbled upon The Driftwood Lodge, by chance, walked in, inquired, and moved and remained for 3 weeks.. The property has three building, all with full size kitchens in the newer two buildings. We wanted Oceanfront, and thats what we enjoyed! A Balcony overlooking one of the two swimming pools, Oceanfrontage and a mere few steps to the Myrtle Beach Pier, where we enjoyed sunset on the Sea, Dinner nightly... Fantastic!! and The Main Boaedwalk to our right, lunching,shopping,beautiful Beaches to walk for miles, and live music nightly to dance under the stars! We became Friends with the Property managers of The Driftwood Lodge and we will be returning when the Holidays wrap and the snow flies and the temperature drops in January~ We highly recommend The Driftwood Lodge, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Kristan M. Root

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristanroot
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The hotel is one of the older hotels on the strip but has been well maintained. It is very clean, no bugs and in a great location. You can walk to what is left of the Pavilion area. We stayed here for Fall Bike Week. Everyone was very nice and they are accomodating to bikers. There is place for trailer parking and we were able to park our bikes right by the office overnight. It is open 24 hours and I felt very safe leaving my bike there. It was very reasonalby priced and well worth it and I would recommend it to anyone. We did not swim in the pool but it looked very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Any room on the 2nd floor in the building where the office is located.There is large balcony with ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank purplepassion15
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 September 2012

As usual, I recommend you do NOT believe the pictures they have online for this business. You will have to park across the street and haul your lugguage and your children across a very busy road. There are only two parking spaces to load/unload your luggage for over 200 rooms... you do the math. There is always a rude couple who have parked there while they haul their stuff one at a time... needless to say forget it. The rooms are outdated the furniture is mismatched and outdated. It has a musty smell to the whole facility. If you want ice you will have to go to a store to get it because NONE of the two ice machines work. As for the elevator, the reviews are right... barely works... we took the stairs to the 3rd floor every time! There were no bugs thank God.. but the wiring is questionable.. my husband would not use the stove for fear of fire. Microwave is tiny.. and oh yeah.... There is a live OUTSIDE band next door. Cool for the spring breakers but not parents with small children. I wish I knew then what I know now. The owner was a nice elderly man but the prices online and quoted were not what were charged to our card. ASK TO LOOK BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! unless you have so much it doesn't matter. If it wasn't my sons birthday we would have driven the three hours home. IT wasn't untolerable but I wouldn't do it again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront you can't go wrong, loved the idea of a kitchenette but realize it is really, really...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel is very outdated as everyone has said in previous reviews. I only took the elevator once when we first got there to carry my luggage. It's definietly broken down I'm surpise it doesn't get stuck. We had an oceanfront room which was nice room was pretty clean. The first morning there we went for a walk on the beach around 9 and by the time we got back about 45 minutes later, our room was already cleaned up. Unfortunately, this was the only time it was cleaned early. The rest of the time it was done late afternoon and we had to call a couple times because by 4 they still had not come. Also, one time them came in gave us clean towels, empty the trash and that was it did not make the beds or sweep. We also had an issue by the pool. There was a puddle by my aunts chair which she thought was just water. Turns out, it was some type of bleach or amonia. Her beach towel, beach cover up and beach bag were all ruined and had big bleach type spots on them. We advised the management of this they advise they will send her a refund but will have to wait and see. Other than that with the hotel you get what you pay for. The rooms are decent for just laying your head down at night. The location is great and walking distance of many places. If you're looking for something fancy with lots of ameneities, I wouldn't stay here but if you're looking for a decent hotel for a good price then I would.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Sandpebble Beach Club, a Festiva Destination
Sea Mystique, a Festiva Resort
Sea Mystique, a Festiva Resort
#5 of 9 in Garden City Beach

Been to Driftwood at the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!