Serendipity Inn
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$170
Official Site
US$238
US$202
US$288
US$253
Hampton.com
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$157
Hotels.com
US$213
US$227
All reviewsbed and breakfastfresh fruitfull kitchen facilitiesquiet streetbooks and dvdsimmaculate groundsgreat hostsa super nice guyfive minute walkother guestshot tubbreakfast was deliciousour home away from homestayed nightsoff seasonvanitylounging
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I were in Myrte Beach to visit with relatives July 11-14, 2014, which was great, but we also needed a quiet place to rest and relax. Serendipity was just what we needed. The owner and host Phil is a great guy with lots of energy and very personable. We ate breakfast at Serendipity all three mornings that we were there - very tasty! The beach is about 4 blocks away and is an easy walk. When I walked past the noise of the beach-front highrises, I was glad that we were at Serendipity. Our room was tastefully decorated, cozy, and clean. The WiFi was slow, but adequate; however, I didn't go to the beach to play on my computer. Landscaping and plants around the inn are really nice. Clean pool and good water quality. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodencanoe
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife grew up in Myrtle Beach & has family there. We've stayed in various beach front hotels and apartments over the years but decided this year that we'd check Trip Advisor for B&B's. The reviews for the Serendipity Inn were overwhelmingly positive, although the negative ones always give one pause. We've just returned from 2 nights at the Serendipity and can't wait to return.The room we stayed in had a 4 poster bed with canopy and very tasteful furnishings. There was a small stove with oven, refrigerator, and coffee-maker. The bathroom was small but clean, and had real towels. The inn was quiet, has a lovely pool in beautiful surroundings, and there's also an in-ground hot tub. A great breakfast is available from 8 to 9:30--including a hot egg-dish prepared by Phil, the owner. Phil was attentive, friendly, helpful--and takes great care of the Serendipity. We met several couples who have been staying at the Serendipity for years. They told us most of the people who stay there are repeat customers. We can see why. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemshorn
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The two star is for the distance to the beach. This place is a motel version of BB.

Overall, this is one of the worst BBs I have been to. The whole stay is very uncomfortable, 99 a night, cheap is cheap. I wouldn't mind paying more to live somewhere better next time.

Owned by an old couple, mainly the guy Phil, who constantly cleans and hangs out around the pool when people want to use it. He will make you feel bad, literally... The lobby(office) should be a common area for guests to chill, offering them complimentary food/drink/fruit as a BB, me and my friends hanging there made him very nervous that he thinks we were going to steal things---chill...right after we walked out he locked the lobby, seriously??!!

Beach supplies: every time when we visit a BB near beach they always provide guests complimentary chairs and umbrellas, for this one they even don't allow you to take the towels out of the room..

Wifi: there's no wifi, super bad signal, sucked...sometimes you might get lucky to get one bar and it's gone the next min.

Bathroom product: ghetto and cheap

Room: super thin wall you can hear your neighbor upstairs turning around in bed, good luck sleeping well!

Seriously, pay a bit more to treat yourself if you want to have a good time, plenty other ways to save $$

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SyrupM
phillip m, Owner at Serendipity Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Good evening, we are a very nice & clean B&B, what makes it clean & nice is that some one is always watering flowers, cleaning up leaves,& sweeping up. We have a lot of trees hanging over the pool & the leaves are always falling & making a mess. .I, m not just hanging around , we have conversation with the guests while cleaning. they ask where the nearest restaurants are, & the night spots, directions to the the laundry mat, drug drug store, food store,what,s for breakfast tomorrow, how many rooms do we have. that sort of thing. we do have coffee, & muffins out all day, we don't leave fruit out because it will dry out in a few hours. We are a B&D, our guests don't every take anything. We are fortunate, & have very nice guests. If I did lock the lobby door after I checked them in , i probably informed them that I was going out & to run some errands. I just don't remember doing that. If i did that,s the reason.Bath towels are not permitted to be removed from the rooms. Although we have pool towels upon request. We do have chairs & umbrellas for the beach. We have recently had the wi-fi up graded. It was pretty sad.Our bathroom products are not ghetto & cheap, the soap ,& shampoo are from England, We have nine ounce wrapped cups.We are always buying new towels , wash cloths, & bath mats. The mattress are all about seven years old. The walls are not thin, but sometimes you can hear people upstairs walking around, although it doesn;t keep you from sleeping. People are always telling me how well they slept the night before. ME & MY wife are not old.we put in about eighteen hours a day.If these folks will come & try us again, i,m sure things will be better.. Have a good night, Innkeepers Kay & Phil Mullins.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very relaxing. Beautiful grounds. Quiet. Great hot breakfast every morning! We visited this property June 11-14 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Made for a perfect getaway. Located on a side street off Hwy 17, yet close enough to walk to the beach! The owner was a very friendly host. Thanks Phil for making our stay so welcoming!

Room Tip: The king suite was big and roomy. Comfy bed, nice dressing area. Very clean!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I have been coming here since 1999. The rooms are all decorated in unique decor giving each room their own special ambiance. The proprietor is gracious and accommodating. Breakfasts are a special treat always consisting of homemade egg casseroles and a breakfast cakes along with cereals, hard boiled eggs, muffins, yogurt, and fruit. Serendipity Inn is 2 blocks from the beach making it very convenient for my family when we want to go swimming or we can stay at the Inn and take a dip in the pool. My wife and I come down twice a year and Serendipity Inn is our greatest reason for coming to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: If traveling with a large group, some rooms can be combined to accomadate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family