We actually went to Myrtle Beach to hear about the Hilton Grand Vacations and HGV put us up at the Hilton. Although not free, but honestly not much less then we would have paid had we booked directly and not dealt with the craziness of hearing about the vacation club.
Though we heard little noise from the construction, we apparently did not recieve a room that had been re-modeled. There was mold in the shower, it appeared the vacuum cleaner spit out more then it took in because after our maid service we had all kinds of things on our carpet. Once our bathroom was mopped (I guess) we had hair (and not our hair), foot prints etc. on the bathroom floor. Upon first arriving, we went to Wal-Mart and bought a big can of Lysol and sprayed the room so much we had to open the balcony door because we could hardly breathe but we certainly were concerned with the cleaniness of the room so that was our best option. Upon turning down the beds, we had two doubles, there were stains on the sheets on both beds. Needless to say those sheets took a bath in Lysol. Thank goodness we brought our own blankets, just wish I would had brought my own sheets and pillows too. The view was great from our room but the only place you would want to sit was either at the desk chair (there is only one) or the balcony chairs (very chilly weekend) so you really can't enjoy the view.
We did enjoy the breakfast buffet and our waitress was great. The buffet seemed a little pricey since the rooms are not that cheap but I guess that is how it goes. You pay for the convenience of not having to have to drive somewhere else first thing in the morning.
It is truly unbelievable how much they charge for parking and the parking deck stays packed so you end up on the upper decks unless you pay more for the valet service. We also did not want or need a bell boy to take our luggage so upon arrival we had to search for someone to get us a luggage cart that did not have anywhere to hang anything and had a tough time rolling. (they don't want you to have the nicer ones that the bell boys use) At departure, my husband was able to get one of the better ones by grabbing it once someone had loaded their car but was given a rude comment for not using the bell boy. We had already spent enough at the crappy "resort" and did not want to spend more money for this awful few days away.
I guess it is good we were put up at the Hilton, because that made it a very easy decision not to buy into the vacation club. Not because of the price but because of how nasty their Hitlon hotel is in Myrtle Beach. I can only assume other properties share this same nastiness. Who wants to pay all of that for accomondations that are dirty and not well kept up?
We were thinking since it was right before the spring breaks and Easter the hotel would be in tip top shape especially since undergoing a 30+million dollar renovation. Unfortunately, this was not the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort is located at the north end of Myrtle Beach, SC. Our hotel offers luxurious accommodations featuring private balconies with ocean views. Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort also features golf, tennis, and a conference center perfect for groups of all sizes. All guests can enjoy access to Splash Water Park located at our neighboring sister property Kingston Plantation Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach