Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$96
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$81
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
US$205
US$178
Travelocity
US$78
  • Pool
1,626 results
All reviewscafe amalfiocean viewshuttle servicepool barfitness centerbeach frontoff seasonfamily vacationconferencepoolsstarbucksmyrtlebalconiesboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I concur with all of the negative reviews on this hotel. Certainly not typical of other Hilton Hotels I have visited. The most important comment is actually what you can read between the lines of management's response to negative comments. They have a canned answer that translates to
" We don't care." Service was terrible, Housekeeping very inconsistent and inadeqate, Charges for everything i.e. internet and parking, Management lacking, Restaurant hours and staffing inadequate, Free shuttle service is a joke. Lost my business but I am sure their are enough people who will still book thinking Hilton can't be that bad. They are wrong.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bearsr
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Bearsr,

I assure you that our staff cares very much about our guests and we want to do everything we can to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome at our hotel. Your candid comments will be shared with the entire team and we will take them under account as we work to make the necessary improvements. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional comments or suggestions to help us improve. Thank you again for your review and Ihope you'll consider giving us a second opportunity to make a great first impression.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Not what I expected from a Hilton property. The stay overall was great, myself as well as my party was surprised because we didn't feel it was up to Hilton standards. The staff was pleasant and helpful, loved the beachfront, the bar, and the pools. We rented a Cabana and Demetri (not sure how to spell his name) was EXCELLENT. They offer a radio, and tv in your Cabana, but when the Dr across the property at the other pool is there they both are turned off. We didn't like that too much because you can not hear the music or see the activities going on over there from inside the Cabana. What's the point of having them and advertising it if you make it mandatory that they are turned off? Turned off for hours at that. Our tub was so backed up that when the water ran, you were staying in a puddle about ankle deep, not sure how long it had been like that but we called maintenence and they came to handle it right away. The hallways could use a good deep clean as well.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Overton1
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We make it a point to stay at Kingston Plantation every year when we go to the beach but normally we stay in the Embassy Suites or in one of the condos off the water. This year, I decided to branch out and try the Hilton, but that was a mistake. When we finally made it to the hotel late in the evening, we were all tired and were just ready to check in and settle in for the night. First off, with a 4 year old child, I was VERY nervous about the low walls that separated our room entrance from the lobby downstairs. We were on the 5th or 6th floor so that was stressful, as you can imagine. After we got in the room, I just wanted to take a shower and get to bed. I took a shower, and then realized that the water was leaking from the shower onto the bathroom floor AND then into the powder room next to it! My daughter came in while I was showering and slipped and fell. This was no small puddle...it took 3 towels to soak it up. On top of that, the air conditioner was so loud that there was no way that I was going to be able to sleep. I called the lobby downstairs and, as always, I am very polite with the front desk clerks because I used to be one myself, so I know the headaches that come along with the job. I got no apology, not one ounce of sympathy and barely an effort to look for us another room. There were no other rooms available, so they managed to put me through to the manager at the Embassy Suites after I asked them to (since they are on the same property). The manager at the Embassy Suites was fantastic and actually offered us a room there for the same price that we got at the Hilton, which probably was about a $100 savings per night since it is a nicer hotel AND you get the free breakfast on top of it. When I returned my keys to the girls at the front desk of the Hilton, there was, again, no apology for the displacement of me and my family (it was about 11:30 PM by this time -- I have two children). I usually don't provide negative reviews, but this really pushed my buttons, so here I am. I will not stay at the Hilton ever again in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marj S

Dear MarjS,

I appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the unfortunate experience you had. I am working with our facilities team to address the plumbing leak and regret the inconvenience this caused you and your family. Your comments will help us to improve our processes and better serve our guests. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I would say I was a bit concerned after reading many of the reviews, but am so glad my family and I decided to stay here. With 3 small children the entire layout of this property was amazing. More pools than you could dream of, a 30 second walk from poolside to ocean, poolside service of food and drink, free towels for pool area, chair and umbrella rentals, tons of restaurants and just relaxation. We asked them yo not clean our room one day, but wanted extra towels, they placed them in a bag on the door with extra soap, shampoo and lotion. Wonderful touch. Rooms are a bit outdated and small, but the view from our room was amazing. The spa was great and the owner Kathy took very good care of me! We would definitely love to come back. The kids are already missing "our Hilton." I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants the above and doesn't mind small rooms. It is well worth it for the other amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ladymadonnav
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Came back last night from this hotel and still have a headache. Four of us...me and hubby including two elementary aged sons, crammed into a teeny (not tiny) Hilton hotel room with 2 full-sized beds. HOTELS, please stop using full-sized beds and advertising them as doubles or queens...that's called switch and bait. The tiny beds wobbled and sank and the pillows were of no support. We were on the 15th floor and could still hear the fans below at ground level...they were either kitchen exhaust fans or air conditioners for the entire building. The mold was uncomfortable for our throats and noses...our 6 year old could not fall asleep at night and had a visibly swollen nose. The room was small so we were constantly bumping into each other, the walls, and furniture. We were only there three nights and my husband does not like to move after situated. Food at Cafe Amalfi was good...beautiful ocean view, breakfast buffet was fresh, hot muffins came out of the kitchen frequently...variety of hot and cold items to choose from...fresh cut fruit was clean and in good condition...probably one of the best aspects of this Hilton...made to order omelets were very, very good. Dinner with 1 appetizer, $24 entrees, $10 kids grilled cheese, and $9 desserts will reach $100. Food at the pool was hit or miss....some okay some not. Wooden decking to beach was overrun with wet sand...enough to make it nearly a sand ramp...it was removed on our third day. We stayed here, because my husband received a Hilton notification that he needed two more stays this calendar year to maintain his Hilton Honors membership and points; he is now considering Marriott membership. We have stayed at this Hilton Kingston cooperative 3 or 4 times before with mixed feelings and I'm not sure we will return. On the flip side this time, our room had recently been renovated (except the tub, bathroom fan, general air vents) ...paint, art, furniture, granite counters, new sink and were very attractive. Fire safety units were brand new, clean and a few in the room; double interior safety bolts on door. Hotel appeared full and other guests were very nice and fun...we all talked about area restaurants, shark stories, swapped novels, day time walks on the beach with multiple families new to us and let the kids play together...at the pool and beach. I surprisingly enjoyed the random fireworks on the beach from the 15th floor. The restaurant and front desk staff were respectful and definitely did their best. Volume of guests, facility problems, and public attitude can definitely take their toll on the staff working the front lines. Sometimes we didn't ask for anything, because no one answered the phone when we called housekeeping or front desk, the lines at the front desk were too long or the person in front of us had already complained enough.

Room Tip: A friend of mine had a stay a few weeks before me on the 5th floor on the left side of the hotel (that's the left side when standing with back to ocean). She said she was happy with the view and recent renovations...haven't had a chance to chat about other aspects.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Snapples42

Dear Snapples42,

I appreciate your candid feedback and wonderful compliments about your experience with us. I am working with the staff to address your concerns regarding the facility noises and some of the service issues. We apologize for any discomfort you or your family experienced and have passed on your comments to our team. We've also thanked our staff for their dedication to hospitality and hope we can invite you back to our delicious dining selections and a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards,