Lakewood Camping Resort
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$236
US$227
US$178
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf carttrading postbath housewater parkindoor poolkids drivingsub shopchristian atmospheregreat campgroundputt putttravel trailerrv parkcable tvice cream shoplazy riverlaundry facilitygeneral store
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Stayed in a villa (#2869) with my family. Villa was very dirty...carpet in main room looked like someone changed the oil in their motorcycle on it. Peeling laminate on kitchen cabinets. Blinds broken and bent. Description of the unit said it was "recently upgraded for carpet, decorations, bedding, etc. Sad joke...on me.No help from management...just a $25 add on fee for administration. Place is dated...golf cart charges are a rip off (you can rent a car from Avis cheaper with unlimited mileage!). This was my third trip there. No more. Get me once, shame on you; twice, shame on me. And this is a "Christian" facility? Seems like a money grubbing operation if I ever saw one. Good bye Lakewood.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank loneranger1447
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This was our first year @ Lakewood, on recommendation from friends/family. Nice place - $25. Administration fee is not made aware of until reservation is completed. Not sure what this was for.

It was nice to have free amenities (slide, min-golf, pedal boats, etc)

Do need to have more control over alcholic beverages being brought into pool area - with so many small children around.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank My3sonswv
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Every year for 35 years I have vacationed at Lakewood. I think the reason I haven't stopped going til now is because it was a family tradition. The past three years we have extended our stay up to one month. We have met 12 other couples each time. As of today only 6 couples come and now we say as a group we are moving to another camping resort. #1 It is so over priced and the office do not return emails or calls ever!. #2 Golf cart rental is as much as your rental house, #3 Very little updating until this year with a few palms,gravel & patio on the front sites (now all sites are highter price), when it rains water in the streets with no drainage #4 the maintenance people only do what they have to do, no extras #5 pools....ulk. #6 THE WI FI is horrible. So to the new generation coming in............enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Szimmerman
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I like others had paid in full but when I called to check on my reservation the person had said they weren't charging me for the family fun pack this year because it was free to all guest, I thought cool but then she said I would get a refund minus 25$ I asked why and she explained the new fee.... Like I said I had paid in full months before this fee. I don't think the people who had paid before this went into effect should have had to pay it, for some one making a new reservation after the change I maybe could have understood alittle better because it could have been mentioned before you paid. Love the campground but diagree with the way they went about this fee.

• Stayed: July 2010
5  Thank Strazzwife20
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Called several people at Lakewood and each one gave me a different answer on why I was changed an admin fee of $25. I booked online so where's the administration? Also, left a voice mail with the owner and an email. No reply yet. Very poor customer service. Lakewood used to be very customer oriented. By the way, they claim they were voted RV campground of the year for 2010. Must not have asked their customers..... I'm writing this in hopes that Lakewood management would listen and take action to improve.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family