“NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #167 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

First, the AC didnt work, the room smalled, an looked run down. Second, we were locked out of our room for hours one day, they had to call someone from home depot to come fix our door. The next day we were locked in our room for hours... Third, they had a bad case of COCK ROACHES, inside the rooms, an outside. A few days before we left we went to talk to one of the managers their about all the problems we had, an about the roaches in the room, an he was very rude, even called us liars when we told him about the roaches in our room.. I WOULDN'T STAY HERE AGAIN IF SOMEONE PAID ME TOO... This is one hotel that needs to be shut down.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Marshville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

3 nights at 106 plus 15.00 night for our dog, rooms run down, stairs leak water when it rains, lot floods( our car was almost flooded), continental beakfast was not very good(Sams club danishes and muffins) maid was aksed not to enter room since we had a dog, she did and my dog got out. Was very disappointed when we found a better hotel at a cheaper rate! Will never recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Bay Habor= cheaper and better
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

charlotte,nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I were there to attend the Antiques roadshow. The picture of the balconies overlooking the pool and beach must have been taken the day after the building was painted in 1948..... The hallways were filthy. The continental brekfast was the chinsiest I have ever had anywhere, and we travel often.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else....
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank thebulldog99
Altoona, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We checked into our supposed to be "Ocean Front Suite" but it was anything but Ocean front, When this hotel was built they must not have kept in mind those that like to "Sit out on a balcony" because sitting we did not, the railing was poorly made and if you want to see the view of the ocean you either have to stand up or look through tiny holes that the balcony provides, Needless to say we did not even go on the balcony after this, besides the floor was very sticky from poor housekeeping service, my 11 year old could have done a better job! The room was disgusting, it definitely could have used some TLC or someone who takes pride in their work, it lacked tremendously! The teeny tiniest suite bathroom ever, was no bigger than a walk in closet, huge disappointment there! The microwave reeked of cleaner, infact that's the only thing that seemed clean in the entire room but the fumes were potent! The trash cans, when we went to change our own the smell was overwhelming, its apparent that housekeeping does not clean the trash cans, but they do provide a fresh bag on the side, how convenient that is! It made me sick just looking at all the food and even gum stuck to the bottom! Our comforters were disgusting, I would not even let my family touch them, thank god we brought our own blankets from home, above all the worst part of this entire hotel, Cock Roaches! EVERYWHERE, down by the pool, by the hot tub which by the way is in one of the oddest spots I ever witnessed! Didn't even attempt to use it for fear of the creepy parking garage that was right beside it! The worst part of our stay ..The night before check out, my Husband jumps out of bed and yells something is crawling on him, we turn on the lights to witness a Cock Roach in the sheets the size of a field mouse, while we proceed to kill it, another Baby roach walks across the nightstand, We call the desk and they offer us "Bug Spray" and did tell us they have receipts for spraying, Hello.. this hotel needs shut down and a GOOD cleaning done to it!!! We checked out at 3 am hours before we had originally planned! Please do not stay here, it is NOT worth a dime!!

Room Tip: If you stay on the 6th floor, The elevator ONLY goes to the 5th, so you have to lug all of your belo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LoveWhatMatters
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

This place was gross. The hall smelled like urine. The elevator was filthy with water and wet sand from the beach and pool people. The hotel itself hasn't been maintained against sea and salt air. It's rusting and dinghy looking. The "oceanview" was standing on the walkway to the rooms and seeing over the black tar roof of the building next door to see a glimpse of the ocean. That was it. I was looking for inexpensive and wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel but this place was just gross. And no coffee maker in the rooms. Big mistake!!

Room Tip: Keep looking for some place else!
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

When I first walked in I was pleased. I would have rather had a balcony overlooking the Beach but I could still see the beach on the balcony where my room was. (I had a side view) The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. All I needed was a comfortable bed, clean room, microwave, and a fridge. I asked for towels and the Maids were quick to get me whatever I needed and was very nice. The hot tub was big and felt awesome. The pool was very clean and felt great too. The location was perfect!! Oh yeah, Dino's Pizza in front of the hotel on the strip was the best pepperoni pizza I have ever ate.
Melanie

Room Tip: The room was clean,the fridge was real cold, comfortable bed, and A/C works well. Good location.
3 Thank Melanie C
FLORENCE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

this place was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at!! first off the door barely opened u had to do the key twice.2) then i almost tripped and busted my face open as i walked into the elevator...which was very shaky and took a minute to open the doors which made me scared to go back in it..
3) and the room was extremely small.. 4) there was stains on the sheets and the towels 5) the phone didnt even have a dial tone!! 6) the smoke detector wouldent quit beeping VERY LOUD
7) there was no tissue 8) THERE WAS A ROACH CRAWLING ON THE FLOOR BESIDE THE THE TIIIINY BATHROOM!!!!! 9) AND THERE WAS A TERMITE CRAWLING ON THE WALL AS I WAS IN THE SHOWER 10) lets see what else....IT SMELLED BAD!! 11) i was using the hair dryer and my husband using the microwave and the power shut off!! it tripped the breaker thank god hes a eletrician so he went down stairs and turned it back on himself. 12) the microwave was DIRTY! 13) and as if alllll that wasnt bad enough... the lady in the front dest with the short dark hair and glasses was rude as heck!!!! i went to ask for towels and she told me i had just wait for them!! very very very rude!!! i even said "RUDE" as i walked out the door. i WILL NEVER GO BACK OR RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE!! no worth crap!

2 Thank WENDY W