“ZERO STARS”

Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wilmington, North Carolina
“ZERO STARS”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever booked. I am SO disappointed in Choice Hotels for even allowing this hotel to be considered part of your chain. I have tried to stay with Choice but my last few experiences have been less than average. This one took the cake. It was on the beach side of Myrtle Beach, low priced, but figured it can't be too bad to be associated with the chain, right?? WRONG. Very sketchy looking, run down. One look at our room and I thought I was at a seedy lowclass motel like in the movies. It did NOT feel safe there at all. I went right back to the front desk, and asked for a refund to leave. I am still trying to get the payment straightened out. The hotel has double charged my card for the room, instead of refunding.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LG28412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would. They screwed up my reservation and didn't seem to care. Charged my card 3 times for 1 stay and refused to fix it. When I checked out (after being sent to Days Inn next door for the night instead of fixing it) they gave me a reciept showing I would be charged $60 instead of the $40 I signed for. They after we left called saying they would credit me $15 and instead charged me another $15. This hotel needs to hire people who know what they are doing. My $40 hotel stay turned into a $115 stay and no one willing to help. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere

• Stayed April 2013

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Lakeland, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I live in Florence, so we were just needing a cheap place to stay in Myrtle Beach so we didn't have to drive back in the wee hours of the morning. It suited its purpose as far as a room is concerned but is such an out dated property considering the Ocean Blvd strip of hotels and resorts. The ceiling looks as if it has had repairs done with plaster on the carpet and the curtains. The bathroom was tiny, best thing was the hot water. Bed was comfortable enough but alot of noise from the motel to the south.

Room Tip: If you can get a room that faces the ocean, good luck..those obviously go first. The rooms that fac...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kmh1967
Holly Hill, SC, USA
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Quick check-in, pool was ok, hot tube not so nice, when we woke up the next morning there was a note on the door stating to call hotel next door if anything was needed - no body at desk until 7am. Breakfast must be between 7 and 8, we left at 6am,

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2012

WELL. Im not a hard person to please when it comes to hotel stays. I usually only care if it's clean. But there were some things about this hotel that I just couldn't look passed. The elevator is scary. The second floor smells like something I can't put my finger on but it is definitely disconcerting. When we got to our room the keys that we had just received didn't work and we were approached by one of our neighbors to help with the key who had told us that our room had been open not too long before we came for a couple of hours ? We couldn't figure out why the lights weren't working when we got in, turns out they were unplugged for some reason. The sink and shower clogged every time we used it.
The bed seemed clean- I was pretty meticulous in inspecting that part. The staff was friendly enough. I had a friend visit us the first night we were here and saw so many huge water bugs crawling around the walls and the railings that I felt grossed out and embarrassed at the same time.
The thing that got me the most was that this hotel got fairly good reviews as the cheapest hotel we could find... I checked! The further downstairs I got in daytime I could see the rooms looked way better than mine (the windows stay wide open until you close them) and they weren't luxury rooms they were one king-sized bedrooms like ours. I don't know why I got the one that I did but I know I'd have rather spent our get-away somewhere else. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't worth staying here.

Room Tip: Pay more money, one of the first floors are better...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jay P
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Worst hotel ever. Filthy rooms. Horrible smell. Was in room 406 oceanview. Against better judgement tried to stick it out as we had driven 5 hours. At 2:00AM awoke to bed bugs EVERYWHERE. Immediately packed up. Went to office, manager was not surprised and refunded all our money. Refused to come look at room. Said they had a problem with bedbugs. HOW ARE THEY ALLOWED TO STAY IN BUSINESS? We had to drive 5 hours back home as it was a holiday weekend. We called Choice Hotels service line and they could have cared less. They didn't even ask what room much less any other details. Called local Health Dept, They said that legally they could do nothing but make a note in their file. How can this be allowed to continue? We threw half our stuff away in fear that we could have brought some home and sprayed everything with professional bug spray. THIS NEEDS TO BE A NATIONAL HEALTH HAZARD AND ILLEGAL TO REMAIN OPEN WHILE INFESTED!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! BEWARE! If there are bedbugs in their "best" rooms...don't you think...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Concerned911
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2012

found this hotel to be a great place. we were able to take our little dog and they had even provided a doggie walk area. The room was very clean and fresh. As a hotel employee, I was a little concerned about the comments out on this site. Almost cancelled, but didnt and I am sure glad we stayed there. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Some people just look for things to say for a discount. We were very satisfied

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends