“A spontaneous trip to the beach”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Did you ever wake up and think I've gotta get out of here? That was us Thursday morning! I used the choice hotel app and filtered oceanside, pet friendly, and room type. We were able to stay in a two room suite, with two adults, two children, and two dogs for under $70 a night! This was an older motel but it was very clean and the room had ample space. I definitely recommend this motel as a quick pick to escape the mondain!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank dgill1231

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Am here now with my husband and 2 small dogs. Can't believe they are associated with "Choice Hotels". This place is nasty!
The only reason why we are still here is that our Condo is being painted and it should be completed by Wednesday. We have already unpacked our bags. We have already been here 3 nights..hopefully 2 more to go.
Shower light and fan is actually in the shower...above the shower head...? Safe? Refrigerator in room freezes everything. Already lost our 2L bottles of soda to the freeze. Floor around fridge is saturated. Had come back to the room 2 out of 3 mornings only to find that it hadn't been serviced, had to go back out with 2 dogs and come back. The third morning....this morning the made the bed ( same sheets as the day we arrived)..but didn't leave any towels. When I called the front desk I was told to help myself to the cart out on the corridor. When I informed her that it was pouring and that the cart wouldn't be outside...she sighed and said that she would call someone. I eventually found someone who gave me 2 towels and 2 wash cloths. I stopped in the ofice on our way out to tell her so that someone just doesn't walk in our room while were gone. (We had left our dogs in the room with a " do not disturb" sign on the door.) She told us not to worry as they wouldn't walk in if there was a sign on the door.When we got back to the room an hour later..the sign was gone!! but all was ok.
When we made reservations, we let them know that we had 2 small dogs, when we checked in they had us on the 3rd floor. They moved us to the first floor which was good as there is a small doggie patch of grass that the dogs could use. That may be the only thing that is good here. The jacuzzi is out in the garage area. The A/C is loud. The screen that holds the filter has been removed. Carpets are gross, had to walk around with something on my feet at all times! They need security making rounds here. Heard some banging at 3a, when I looked out my window someone was breaking into the Pepsi machine! Pool is ok. Very well maintained. STAY AWAY...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 425MarkB425
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever booked. I am SO disappointed in Choice Hotels for even allowing this hotel to be considered part of your chain. I have tried to stay with Choice but my last few experiences have been less than average. This one took the cake. It was on the beach side of Myrtle Beach, low priced, but figured it can't be too bad to be associated with the chain, right?? WRONG. Very sketchy looking, run down. One look at our room and I thought I was at a seedy lowclass motel like in the movies. It did NOT feel safe there at all. I went right back to the front desk, and asked for a refund to leave. I am still trying to get the payment straightened out. The hotel has double charged my card for the room, instead of refunding.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LG28412
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would. They screwed up my reservation and didn't seem to care. Charged my card 3 times for 1 stay and refused to fix it. When I checked out (after being sent to Days Inn next door for the night instead of fixing it) they gave me a reciept showing I would be charged $60 instead of the $40 I signed for. They after we left called saying they would credit me $15 and instead charged me another $15. This hotel needs to hire people who know what they are doing. My $40 hotel stay turned into a $115 stay and no one willing to help. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I live in Florence, so we were just needing a cheap place to stay in Myrtle Beach so we didn't have to drive back in the wee hours of the morning. It suited its purpose as far as a room is concerned but is such an out dated property considering the Ocean Blvd strip of hotels and resorts. The ceiling looks as if it has had repairs done with plaster on the carpet and the curtains. The bathroom was tiny, best thing was the hot water. Bed was comfortable enough but alot of noise from the motel to the south.

Room Tip: If you can get a room that faces the ocean, good luck..those obviously go first. The rooms that fac...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kmh1967
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Quick check-in, pool was ok, hot tube not so nice, when we woke up the next morning there was a note on the door stating to call hotel next door if anything was needed - no body at desk until 7am. Breakfast must be between 7 and 8, we left at 6am,

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

WELL. Im not a hard person to please when it comes to hotel stays. I usually only care if it's clean. But there were some things about this hotel that I just couldn't look passed. The elevator is scary. The second floor smells like something I can't put my finger on but it is definitely disconcerting. When we got to our room the keys that we had just received didn't work and we were approached by one of our neighbors to help with the key who had told us that our room had been open not too long before we came for a couple of hours ? We couldn't figure out why the lights weren't working when we got in, turns out they were unplugged for some reason. The sink and shower clogged every time we used it.
The bed seemed clean- I was pretty meticulous in inspecting that part. The staff was friendly enough. I had a friend visit us the first night we were here and saw so many huge water bugs crawling around the walls and the railings that I felt grossed out and embarrassed at the same time.
The thing that got me the most was that this hotel got fairly good reviews as the cheapest hotel we could find... I checked! The further downstairs I got in daytime I could see the rooms looked way better than mine (the windows stay wide open until you close them) and they weren't luxury rooms they were one king-sized bedrooms like ours. I don't know why I got the one that I did but I know I'd have rather spent our get-away somewhere else. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't worth staying here.

Room Tip: Pay more money, one of the first floors are better...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple