“Typical beachfront hotel”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #182 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 June 2013

It was a typical beachfront hotel. The room was comfortable and the whole property was very family friendly. The room needed some updating but was acceptable for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the young lady working the front desk. The continental breakfast was basic but adequate.

Room Tip: Ocenfront rooms are the best deal
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lesley c

Reviewed 18 June 2013

They dont deserve the 1 of 5 rating. I stayed in an ocean front room on the top floor. This place is absolutely nasty. There was dog poop on the floor in our room it had not been vaccumed there was pet hair everywhere. The guy in the office laughed when I said there was poop on the floor. There was stains all the sheets and blanket on one of the beds. They took forever to come bring sheets and clean the poop. I called for pillows and he told me to come get them he couldnt even bring them to my room. There was a dog collar on the floor and trash in all the corners. I had my 2 year old daughter with me and the guy that walked in to clean looked at me like she was the one that pooped on the floor. The hot tub inside turned my daughters swim suit from pink to purple.And Last but not least my car now has fleas from the hotel room.

Room Tip: Do not pick this hotel the hotel blue is pretty nice and ocean front
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jodie244
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Very dirty place. They should hire better people to clean the room. Bed is uncomfortable. The hotel needs major renovation. Location is ok however that is not enough to make me return there. They serve breakfast in the next door hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Did you ever wake up and think I've gotta get out of here? That was us Thursday morning! I used the choice hotel app and filtered oceanside, pet friendly, and room type. We were able to stay in a two room suite, with two adults, two children, and two dogs for under $70 a night! This was an older motel but it was very clean and the room had ample space. I definitely recommend this motel as a quick pick to escape the mondain!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank dgill1231
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Am here now with my husband and 2 small dogs. Can't believe they are associated with "Choice Hotels". This place is nasty!
The only reason why we are still here is that our Condo is being painted and it should be completed by Wednesday. We have already unpacked our bags. We have already been here 3 nights..hopefully 2 more to go.
Shower light and fan is actually in the shower...above the shower head...? Safe? Refrigerator in room freezes everything. Already lost our 2L bottles of soda to the freeze. Floor around fridge is saturated. Had come back to the room 2 out of 3 mornings only to find that it hadn't been serviced, had to go back out with 2 dogs and come back. The third morning....this morning the made the bed ( same sheets as the day we arrived)..but didn't leave any towels. When I called the front desk I was told to help myself to the cart out on the corridor. When I informed her that it was pouring and that the cart wouldn't be outside...she sighed and said that she would call someone. I eventually found someone who gave me 2 towels and 2 wash cloths. I stopped in the ofice on our way out to tell her so that someone just doesn't walk in our room while were gone. (We had left our dogs in the room with a " do not disturb" sign on the door.) She told us not to worry as they wouldn't walk in if there was a sign on the door.When we got back to the room an hour later..the sign was gone!! but all was ok.
When we made reservations, we let them know that we had 2 small dogs, when we checked in they had us on the 3rd floor. They moved us to the first floor which was good as there is a small doggie patch of grass that the dogs could use. That may be the only thing that is good here. The jacuzzi is out in the garage area. The A/C is loud. The screen that holds the filter has been removed. Carpets are gross, had to walk around with something on my feet at all times! They need security making rounds here. Heard some banging at 3a, when I looked out my window someone was breaking into the Pepsi machine! Pool is ok. Very well maintained. STAY AWAY...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 425MarkB425
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever booked. I am SO disappointed in Choice Hotels for even allowing this hotel to be considered part of your chain. I have tried to stay with Choice but my last few experiences have been less than average. This one took the cake. It was on the beach side of Myrtle Beach, low priced, but figured it can't be too bad to be associated with the chain, right?? WRONG. Very sketchy looking, run down. One look at our room and I thought I was at a seedy lowclass motel like in the movies. It did NOT feel safe there at all. I went right back to the front desk, and asked for a refund to leave. I am still trying to get the payment straightened out. The hotel has double charged my card for the room, instead of refunding.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LG28412
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would. They screwed up my reservation and didn't seem to care. Charged my card 3 times for 1 stay and refused to fix it. When I checked out (after being sent to Days Inn next door for the night instead of fixing it) they gave me a reciept showing I would be charged $60 instead of the $40 I signed for. They after we left called saying they would credit me $15 and instead charged me another $15. This hotel needs to hire people who know what they are doing. My $40 hotel stay turned into a $115 stay and no one willing to help. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2013