“NASTY HOTEL”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2013

on 8/2/2013 we arrived at this hotel after booking it over the phone. we viewed the pics that the hotel has posted online, WOW. what a mislead this was. the pics that they displayed is nothing to what you see when you walk into the front lobby. and what a bigger surprise you get when you move toward the elevators. the carpet is filthy. the elevator is nasty, and very small. and if you are booked for the 6th floor, think about leaving all your luggage in your car, because the elevator only goes to the 5th floor and you have to carry all your luggage up the flight of stairs to the 6th floor.
the rooms are very small, dingy looking sheets, and very poor pillows. the cable tv they advertise is not true. the channels do not line up with the programming, and the mattress that was on the sleeper sofa looked like something they had dragged from the beach that a storm had left behind.
our room for 2 nights was NOT cleaned, and the beds was not made, all the house keepers did was to restock the coffee, and 2 towels in the bathroom for a 5 person family.
also allow me to make mention that the original room that they had booked for us was NOT cleaned. the face bowl had dried up crusty toothpaste left ALL over it, and the bathroom was a shame.
The GM did up grade us to a suite, which was a bit bigger, but not by much.
this hotel, and their advertisments is a joke. think long and hard before you book here.

The Corley family

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2013

When i arrived at the motel i found out that Kayak and Booking.com had allowed me to pay for this location but put my reservation at a different non-ocean front property. Kristen at the front desk was kind and patient and advised me how to fix this. She even got on the phone with booking.com and helped. This is an older motel. Beds were fine. Room size average. TV was a bit dark as it is now needing replacement. Easy to walk to beach and once parked you never need to drive again. Underground parking keeps car out of the sun. Pool is clean, hot tub fun and you just step out to the beach. If you need a fancy room then this isn't the place. If you treasure the ocean and beach then this isn't bad. I would suggest they put weather strip around the doors to save on a/c costs and to keep the beach bugs and spiders out of the rooms.
Joyce, the general manager, is one of the friendliest and most competent hospitality employees you will ever meet.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor to make it easy to walk to the office and street. Probably a high-up ocean...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Okay first I have to say that I stayed at this hotel last year so that is why I chose to stay again. I did not read the reviews beacuse I alrteady knew that I was going to stay. This hotel is not brand new.... but when all the other hotels are charging 150$ and up then I am fine with the room I got at Econo Lodge what do you excpect if the rate is under $100. I had ocean front...clean sheets... refrigerator and microwave.....what else did I need? NOTHING!! They did have a breakfast I did not enjoy the breakfast beacuse I never made it to breakfast but the kids filled their bellies just fine. They have a pool and an indoor hot tub. I don't know the guy's name that checked me in but he was Awsome! The housekeepers and maintance men all would tell me to have fun and enjoy the beach. I had a great time!!!!

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I just returned from Myrtle Beach celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday with her. We chose this hotel because my wife is a rewards member and it was right on the beach. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the view was amazing. Outside of that I have nothing good to contribute to this review.

We had rented a "suite" that consisted of a bathroom just inside the door, then a "bedroom" just beyond that with 2 double beds, then another small room just beyond that with a loveseat, mini fridge, microwave and tv.

The rooms were filthy, highly outdated, and in desperate need of repair. There was a mass of hair in the tub, the carpets, tile floors, and love seat looked dirty, and the sheets and pillow cases were stained. There were too many things broken in this room to list them all, and they left us no cups, no coffee maker, no ice bucket liner, nothing. When they finally brought us a coffee maker the next day, it didn't work either and you had to keep touching the On button to get it to stay on long enough to make a cup of coffee.

The balcony only had one cheap plastic chair for a suite that could sleep six people, and the AC looked as though it was about to fall on the floor. There were gaps in the main and balcony doors that allowed you to see outside.

Walking to your room you pass a hot tub that stunk badly and gagged you as you walked by. The elevator looks as though it is from the days when elevators were first invented and doesn't even tell you what floor it's currently on so you have to wait for the door to open so you can read the signs on the hall wall to know where you're at. As you walk down the hall to your room you pass the AC units for other rooms which have metal vents that are rusted, bent and sticking out. A major safety hazard, especially if you're traveling with small children. They also leak water all over the carpet in the hall.

The man who works the desk at night should not have a job. When we checked in he just handed us our keys, didn't tell us where to park or where the room was even located. Then when we called to tell him about all of the things missing, broken, and dirty with our room his response was that we could leave.

This is definitely not a place we will ever visit again, and I hope this review helps to spare others from having to deal with the same disgusting experience we had to deal with!

4  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Do not let the pictures fool you. This place is the worst "hotel" I have ever even attempted to stay in. I have been to apartments in the projects that are cleaner and nicer than this place. Every piece of furniture, if you want to call it that, had stains on it. The walls were dirty and there was trash under one of the beds.I can't even begin to describe the bathroom. I would put money down that Aaron Hernandez has better accomadations than this place. If you have ever seen the movie Scarface, picture the scene when Tony and his buddies went to make a deal and one of them got hacked by a chainsaw, that was what this place reminded me of.In fact, THAT place was nicer! My daughter was worried about putting here head down on a pillow in this place. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!

5  Thank Dirt W
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I just got home from my vacation.. cut it a day short because of this hotel. The only two reasons I liked it was the manager and the view,but it is not worth it. We paid in cash and they ended up charging my card as well so I had to go through call after call to my bank back home to fix the issue on my second day there... Very stressful. The room was disgusting,the fridge was stained along with the carpet and furniture. The balcony stayed wet because the air conditioner leaked,the door to the balcony would only stay shut with the bolt turned because there was a huge gap in between the door and wall. There were holes all in the walls. I am not a picky person.. I put up with all of this until my last day there. I got up to use the bathroom and a roach crawled over me.. that I cannot handle so I knew it was time to get a refund. I will post pictures on here as well.. please take my advice,do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank katie3230
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was an okay place to stay. It was adequate if you just want a bed that is in an ocean front hotel. Although, to get to the ocean, you have to walk through the pool area. The hotel is pet friendly which is good. The people at the front desk were always nice. The hallways definitely had an odor about them - I did not want to walk on the walkways without shoes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends