“DON'T STAY HERE.. WORST HOTEL STAY EVER AND I WORK AT A HOTEL!!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #169 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“DON'T STAY HERE.. WORST HOTEL STAY EVER AND I WORK AT A HOTEL!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Upon arrival at checkin I was told that my room price total was $10 more then the price that was on my confirmation. I was under the impression that the hotel had continental breakfast and the hot tub would be up and running to find out that they didn't have breakfast and the hot tub wasn't running. We were told that the hotel was switching over to the Rodeway Inn and they no longer used choice privilege which I am a member. I was also told that it was the hotel's first day opening since winter. We went to our room to find the toilet not working. I phoned the desk to let them know, left for dinner and came back to the hotel at 10pm. I went to my room and attempted to open the door but my room keys did not work and the guy working at the desk left earlier then he was suppose to. There was a note left on the office door saying the office will reopen on 3/8/14 at 7am so we were stuck out of our room where our belongings were for 45 minutes with no one there to help us get in our room. It was freezing cold and my 6 year old nephew had to urinate off the side of the balcony because we couldn't get in the room. He was very upset and crying. I decided to go next door to the Days Inn where the nice desk clerk called her manager to get in contact with the maintenance man who also work at Rodeway Inn. I was informed that the guy at the desk who checked us in was suppose to still be working. The maintenance guy came quickly and redid our keys that finally let us in the room. Our heating unit even when on 85 was blowing cold air. I will never stay here again and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. They should close down!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Artasia K
Frank G, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for not having a continental breakfast, but that is not something that we offer at this time. We have checked your room and fixed the issues with AC unit, and would like to apologize again for the problems you had.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Unfortunately our experience was not up to expectations. Room 204 has an undeniable smell of mold; my grandmother had to keep her door open while she was in the room. Additionally, while I was knocking on her door, a housekeeper came behind me and simply opened the door for me, without me even asking her to. She had just checked into the room so there is no way housekeeping could have known we were family. Having worked in the industry many years, this is a severe violation of universal hotel policy. Upon checking into room 208, the door latch was holding the door open. The room had stains on the carpet, peeling paint on the walls, rust on anything that could possibly rust, brown liquid in the bottom of the fridge, a balcony door that would not shut unless locked, and probably the biggest disappointment; an ac that flooded the balcony throughout our entire stay. Neither of these should be rented, but the lady at the desk claims the hotel was sold out. On 6/22/2013, we stopped by the desk at 7am to request towels, the older man said housekeeping would be in at 9am and service our room. By 1pm nobody had yet been to our room. When we left the room around 1:30pm we asked the housekeeper to service our room while we were gone. When we came back, nothing had been done expect she left towels. The beds were not made, the trash was not taken out, nothing but towels.

To make matters worse, I have sent multiple emails to the GM with no response.

As a travel agent, I am so glad I know about this location as I will no longer refer ANYONE here. I have done my research and found plenty of other options for my customers with furry friends. Please contact me @ evan@getmetheretravels.com ....There are MUCH better options than this "hotel".

Room Tip: Stay away please
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Evan G

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This by far was the scariest place I've ever stayed at in over 35 years of traveling! You name it, from the condition of the room (old pair of men's undies wedged between bed and nightstand), to the area (1 block in were hookers and some VERY unsavory sorts and that's being nice).
I checked in on Friday, it was just a one night stay, I was to catch an early A.M. flight the next morning, so no frills and cheap was ok, but there is a limit. Just to enter the room took me and 4 strangers to try and get the door open with no success, back to the office to replace the key card.
The replacements didn't work any better so back for a third set. In the mean time the door handle was wiggling so bad I thought it was going to fall off, but I did get in the room, unfortunately. A short list looks like this: over all urine smell to the room, sticky carpet, no face plate or numbers on phone, broken coffee pot, no iron+broken ironing board, dead batteries in t.v. remote, rusty curtains?(how is that possible?), rusty light and switches between beds, rusty stippling on walls (you know, textured wall paint with little bumps! The bumps were rusty, go figure!). The bathroom was so bad I went in one time and decided to wait until I got home to shower, it was THAT bad. Wait a sec, the worse is coming. At 4:15 a.m. I woke up and turned on the rusty light, OMG, the bugs on the wall and around my headboard made me ill. I caught them in a cup of scalding water for the duration of the night, I couldn't sleep. In the A.M. I took them to the check out and ask for a refund and was told she was not authorized but would check into it. STAY AWAY-DON'T GO THERE-GET A TENT-SLEEP UNDER A BRIDGE OR IN YOUR CAR-ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, even if it is free!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PhannieMae
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was looking for a place with a bed and shower to stay at the beach for few days. Bed wasn't bad but the shower wasn't clean. The tub had short curly hair all over, the walls, the floor, and the curtain. I reported to the front desk and the answer was "I will tell the lady in charge of that floor to do a full cleaning of your room" What does that mean? It isn't what they suppose to do to start with? In our last night, a bus of people came to the pool and stayed long past its closing time. They were so loud that I went to the front desk but all I got was a lame excuse.

Room Tip: Stay in a different place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for our beach vacation. I was worried after reading the reviews but once we got there it wasn't so bad. This hotel is older but it was clean. I think some renovations would be a plus. We didn't see any bugs while we were there. We just needed a bed and a shower so this worked for us. Plus it was right on the beach! The front desk employee was very nice and friendly. They have a basic free breakfast in the mornings. The only negative was that we had to ask housekeeping to bring us more towels and wash cloths. If you just need a bed and want to be close to the beach, this is perfect for you.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cara0630
Elkin, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is supposed to be a Choice Hotel. Needless to say it needs to be condenmed and rebuilt or major renovating. I found in the room roaches, dust, hairs from previous guests, sand in the floor, hair dryer full of lint, nasty mattresses, nasty mattress covers, and a sofabed that looked like it had come from Noah's Ark. There were many other discomforts found but I just named a few. Someone please do something about this hotel. I won't be back here.

Room Tip: Not any here. Go to another place and stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Silvertang01
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am a choice member. We stayed in room 606. We stayed two nights. My mom and sister stayed one night that is and will be my second review.

I guess I expected more. I paid $240 for 2 nights Thurs/Fri. I had the "suite". All of the reviews and they weren't far off after staying here. You get what yiu oay for. Rates are semi decent. The room was ok. A/C was nice in cold in the room but it was seperated in a seperate room from the beds and was a lil stuffy in the bedroom. The bathroom is very small for a big person. The tub looked brand new which was nice. I would of slept in it. The beds were not made with new bedding. There was a long hair on the sheets. The balacony is nice but cheap chairs and one was broken. The view is great. Fir two days I never saw cleaning ladies like u do in other hotels in the hallways. They put 2 towels and a wash cloth in the room for 5 people. The pull out sofa bes was a joke. The mattress might was welll of been a piece cardboard.

If you truly don't care where you lay your head then this place will work for you. I was thinking it couldn't be as bad as reviews but it is. The pictures on website are nothing like what it is in real life.

• Stayed August 2013