“spring break”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #182 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Laci T

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few years. First when it was a Comfort Inn to now changing to an Econo Lodge. This property is going down hill fast. I would suggest if you care about your property you will do something fast before it's to late. I had 2 rooms. 1st room: safety is horrible. Balcony door will not secure!!!! Will not lock. Carpet stained in numerous places....shower curtain torn..ac vent area dirty... 2nd room: sink drain will not drain properly.... upon entering room tv was on. Table was in middle of floor between the 2 beds. Carpet was better than 1st room. Breakfast consist of bread, waffle, muffins, danishes, cereal, juice and coffee. Outside pool not opened yet. Inside pool was open. Whirlpool not open either. It was so so stay but can tell hotel is going down hill since being a comfort inn.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

this was the only hotel we were able to get since we didn't realize that it was spring break for a lot of kids. Worse decision ever!!! The hallways all need major attention. The looked liked they had not been vacuumed in weeks...papers all over the floor...a roll a way bed left unmade in the hallway. Now to our room.....OMG!! Bed number one had sheets with holes in them, bed number two had marks on them like from them being old and worn. Mold on the bathroom floor in the corner of the shower, dusty all over the toilet paper holder, they needed to do better plastering on the wall, the shower head pipe was coming out the wall, rust stains on the shower rail, the lock to the balcony was messed up and when u walked in the light would flicker when on. The other worse thing was you could smell people smoking illegal drugs but as if the hotel employees actually cared. At check in the employee was just hanging around joking with a bunch of people was hard to even make it into the hotel. This is absolutely the worse please to stay and would NOT recommend it to anyone. Oh and our soul purpose of choosing this hotel was because it had an indoor pool. Worse mistake. The pool was nasty, the whirlpool/Jacuzzi was closed and nasty and the 1ft for the kids was the worse of them all. The whole place was nasty the floor was dirty and wires in a corner were exposed. Look like no one ever cleaned the pool area. Very sad because we really were hoping and looking forward on enjoying a nice long swim in a so called heated pool. (temp of pool was chill...I did NOT dare to step foot in that nasty pool but unfortunately my husband did only to test the water with his foot. it was way to nasty to actually fully get in and swim. For this being a Choice Hotel I honestly thought they had better standards boy was I wrong. For my husband first stay in Myrtle Beach (which I've been trying to get him to visit for a year now) was the worse ever!!! The owners of this hotel in my opinion do NOT care about this hotel and it is making the Choice Standards fall way down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jj4098
Reviewed 24 March 2014

the pictures were decieving. overall the hotel bed and bathroom was clean,but the rest was not the best. all I wanted to do was get some sleep then get out.coffe and food not availabe untill 7am.didnt get any.more a place for spring breakers.would not stay there again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank peggy m
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is an older hotel and it just changed from Comfort Inn to Econo Lodge. It was clean and the beds were good so that is my biggest thing.
We have stayed here many times and this time was on points so we didn't pay for it. For the cost of this hotel I don't know if we will stay again.
There was a large (3-4") burn in the carpet. There were kids pj's left in the closet, the tv channels were few and the keys didn't work all the time.
If they update a few things it would be great.

Room Tip: It is clean and great location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We got the cheapest lodge available in Myrtle Beach since this was my first trip with my friends. But I'll never make such a mistake again. I am a student and I know how it feels to not have enough money to spend while you go out. But make sure you get a good hotel even if it is a bit costly because your travel experience will be good only if you stay at decent hotels. List of things that were bad - uncomfortable bed, smelly old sheets , must be a 20yr old TV , lighting of the room was tacky , didn't feel like taking a bath in the bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Frank G, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your comment. We regret that we did not meet your expectations. We will look into the issues you had and fix them. Again the staff and I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Upon arrival at checkin I was told that my room price total was $10 more then the price that was on my confirmation. I was under the impression that the hotel had continental breakfast and the hot tub would be up and running to find out that they didn't have breakfast and the hot tub wasn't running. We were told that the hotel was switching over to the Rodeway Inn and they no longer used choice privilege which I am a member. I was also told that it was the hotel's first day opening since winter. We went to our room to find the toilet not working. I phoned the desk to let them know, left for dinner and came back to the hotel at 10pm. I went to my room and attempted to open the door but my room keys did not work and the guy working at the desk left earlier then he was suppose to. There was a note left on the office door saying the office will reopen on 3/8/14 at 7am so we were stuck out of our room where our belongings were for 45 minutes with no one there to help us get in our room. It was freezing cold and my 6 year old nephew had to urinate off the side of the balcony because we couldn't get in the room. He was very upset and crying. I decided to go next door to the Days Inn where the nice desk clerk called her manager to get in contact with the maintenance man who also work at Rodeway Inn. I was informed that the guy at the desk who checked us in was suppose to still be working. The maintenance guy came quickly and redid our keys that finally let us in the room. Our heating unit even when on 85 was blowing cold air. I will never stay here again and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. They should close down!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Artasia K

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for not having a continental breakfast, but that is not something that we offer at this time. We have checked your room and fixed the issues with AC unit, and would like to apologize again for the problems you had.