“Awful.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #178 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Awful.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The man at the front desk will take you money!! Make sure you get a receipt for EVERYTHING! If you're under 25 you pay a additional fee, which is understandable, but GET A RECEIPT! The girls in the office are amazing and sweet. Rooms where dirty but you get what you pay for I suppose. Just please, stay somewhere else if you can

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Gabrielle F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was looking for an affordable pet friendly hotel on the beach over the 4th of July. I paid almost $800.00 for five nights and this is what I got:
dressers missing knobs, broken cabinets that do not shut, cockroaches in the room, garbage and vomit in the common areas, holes in the walls in the room, mold in the shower knob, stains and cigarette burns on the sheets and towels, dog area infested with cigarette butts and litter(bags to dispose of dog waste were empty and never filled the entire trip) and fence used as a clothes line, gang related sayings carved in elevator wall, names carved in hotel room wall, house-keeping smokes in the hall way outside rooms and uses grocery shopping carts for their cleaning supplies (towels here are impossible to come by- had to request them everyday and half the time didn't get them or housekeeping), cracked/broken air conditioners(the one in our room sounded like a lawnmower), threatening letter to tow our car in the hotel parking lot if we didn't park in the lower garage when we were told to park on upper and lower was for overflow, caution tape on railing holes all over property, Tub was clogged and carpets were dirty/sticky. Lastly, the room reaked of a chemical smell. Beware! Look at you room and the hotel before you sign their no refund waiver. You will be stuck like me especially if its a holiday weekend. Unless you are willing to forfeit your vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron B

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed. I didn't mind how outdated the check in area was. When we got up to the room it took several attempts to get in the room. The room was even worse. Hair in the bed, dirty washcloth in the shower, hair in the shower, stains on the bed the list is endless! I was mad at first but after deciding it was too nasty for our family to stay we packed up our car and drove 4 hours back home. We were refunded our money. I truly feel sorry for this hotel. Get it together and get it cleaned up!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank KimberlyG02
Summersville, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Do NOT stay here if you have any sense. I made the mistake of staying here about a year ago when it was the Econo Lodge as a Choice Priviledge Member. To say the least, it was THE WORST mistake of my life. My reasons:
1. This hotel is infested with huge cockroaches (palmetto bugs)
2. The staff is beyond rude and helpless
3. The balcony doors are not sealed and will not shut completely
4. It was not a safe area or feeling at this hotel
We ended up having to trash half of our belongings due to the amount of roaches we found in our room. (They were crawling out of the nightstand). We were not about to take the chance of bringing them home with us.
Absolutely disgusting and unacceptable!!

We stayed at the Paradise Resort this year and it was a GREAT hotel! Absolutely recommended. Awesome prices, staff, amenities, rooms and very clean!!!! ;)

Room Tip: Choose a larger hotel with interior entrances. Even if the cost seems more, there are always deals g...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnna R
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I wouldn't touch this hotel again with a two foot pole or even recommend to a group of dirty college guys. Not only was there hair all over the bathroom, there was zero hot water! When I called customer service they just told me, " that's what happens with older hotels!" The room smelled awful, no privacy, half the lighting worked.
We knew full well we weren't getting a resort type stay based on the price we payed, but never expected what we would walk into! Gross- take better care of your facility!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Edwards2051
Sumter, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I came to town for Beach Blast... I searched everywhere for a hotel to stay at that would be safe and yet close to the event. This is the one I chose. I read tons of mixed reviews and was very hesitant about my choice. Upon arrival, Audrey was Super friendly!!! My daughter was feeling sick and wanted To lay down immediately... Not only did she check us in as soon as she could but offered us an even better room!!! So instead of being in a side view room, we checked into an ocean front room!!! We were elated!!!! The room was super clean!!!! The mini fridge was amazingly cold and the beds were super comfy!!! We ate the Continental Breakfast and I must brag about the waffles!!! They were sooo good!!
After checking out and returning home, we realized my daughter left the Minion toy her little brother gave her for the trip! I frantically called the hotel and not only did James R go to the room to look but he did it TWICE! Upon finding the Minion, he mailed it back to my son!!!! I can't ask for better service and a better room!!! I will definite stay here again and hopefully will have the chance to thank James R personally for making my little boy very happy!!!!

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Betty F
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is an older hotel which has been painted up rather than a total remodel. If you are looking for a CLEAN low priced place to stay on the beach, It's for you. The location is great. It's about 5 blocks from the commercialized boardwalk. This section of the beach is more laid back. They have a nice pool & hot tub outside with a large lounging area. You can catch the city bus about 1/2 block in front of the hotel & it will pretty much take you anywhere you want to go. All of the staff is GREAT! They all are SO willing to help you with anything. They make you feel like a long time friend:-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo