“No Paridise at Paridise Inn”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #178 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“No Paridise at Paridise Inn”
Reviewed 7 August 2005

Atlantic Paridise Inn is not paridise. My 19 year old duaghter and her friend recently stayed there. They had to put down a deposit because of their age. When they went to leave and retrieve their deposit, the hotel lost the paperwork and said that they did not pay. They would not give them back their deposit even though they say they take deposits from those who are under 21 without exception. Furthermore, the room was dirty and small, the staff not very hospitable.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 29 July 2005

We booked 8 rooms for the second weekend in July for a family reunion. After many, many changes in rooms and floors, we were finally given our rooms. These were the worst hotel rooms I have ever seen. The bathroom door wouldn't close and the room door looked as if someone had kicked it in and they used caulk to try to repair it. You could still see the entire dead-bolt because a piece of the wall was missing. Of course, that hole matched the three holes in the bedroom walls. The sink outside the bathroom was broken and barely worked. We did have 2 televisions in the room, however one didn't work and the other only got 2 channels.

The beds were not bad until you pulled down the bedspread and saw the holes in the sheets. My bed didn't even have a fitted sheet, just a flat sheet laying on the mattress which wouldn't stay in place.

The pool was so green that you couldn't see the bottom and I never once saw them cleaning it. The filter wasn't working, we know because we checked.

The hotel, in all, smelled really bad and was just filthy. I don't see how they can advertise "recently remodeled" in their ads. To me this is false advertising because nothing in those rooms was new.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2005

I can't belive that this place could ever get repeat business. The elevator only goes to the 5th floor. Not good if you room is on the 6th floor and you have luggage. But that doesn't matter because I wouldn't get in the elevator if you paid me! It smelled like urine. The room was adaquate, but I wouldn't stay there again. I have actually never seen a bathroom that small. The balcony was nice, but it would be even nicer if they washed the window once in awhile. The pool water was green and mold/mildew was growing on the side. I was there 2 days and never got any clean towels at all. The entire place just looked dirty!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 January 2005

The rooms at this hotel are very very small, once you opened your door, you was almost on your bed, we tired to find a place to put our luggage and we had to put it on top of the small refridgerator beside the tv. The bathrooms were so small you had to get in the tub to shut the door. We took small beach chairs with us, big mistake, we had to put them behind the door while we were in the room and when we would go out we had to put them on the bed for storage. Too small !
The staff was nice , We really got what we paid for. The next time we went for a bit pricer hotel and really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 November 2004

It was an inexpensive hotel, but they should have some standards. Every morning we would wake up and look outside our oceanfront room to see the workers fishing cigarette butts, beer bottles, and god knows what else out of the pool. I have stayed in many places in myrtle, and this was one of the worst.
P.S. don't go into the indoor pool, we saw some really bad things in there.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond
Reviewed 28 August 2004

We stayed at the Atlantic Paradise Inn at 1401 south ocean Blvd from August 21st 2004 till August 28th 2004. our room was clean and ready early when we arrived. Staff was friendly and maids did great job and when we lost our key they sent someone up in minuets to change our locks. I think they are worth the money. We would stay there again.

7 Thank Teresa V
Reviewed 20 July 2004

This motel is good for low cash days. We decided to go to the beach on a whim, and stayed here. The first room I got was small, so I requested a change to the right side of the motel. These rooms were much bigger and away from the noisy hotel on the other side. Great for college students on a budget, or if you're going to the beach for the beach. Not so great if you're looking for more than a place to sleep and bathe. I would stay here again. The staff was great.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member