“Was ok for the price.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach
Bristol, Tennessee
“Was ok for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We ended up switching rooms, the first room we got assigned to hadn't even been cleaned and the AC barely worked at all. No AC is a deal breaker for me at the beach of all places. But after we got our 2nd room it was fairly clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean. Service was mediocre and kind of hectic at the front desk, best way was to use the room phone. There was no order or line to be noticed while trying to talk to someone at the front desk and they just picked and chose who they thought was next. Not too much to complain about though considering I was trying to find the cheapest possible way to stay and their prices were the best to have average reviews.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in room 250.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CarJunkey2010
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Well, if we weren't able to impress you in July, maybe we can convince you in the fall. Times do get a bit hectic in July with so many people coming to the ocean. Maybe you will try us again in a little less busy time....We're working to SHINE!

Thanks for the review,
Patricia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The staff was great: professional, courteous, knowledgable and friendly (Jay/Priscilla/Matthew)! &, it was Bike Week but they didn't "jack" the rates. I plan to stay there, again, next visit to the Grand Strand . . .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fhsmct
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate that you found us and will be back again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Have not stayed here yet but really looking forward to our stay I have called Jay a lot trying to plan for my trip of 8 days and he has been up most helpful he answered questions my choice hotels couldn't answer for me and even made notes of stuff I need before I even arrive! I put up another review after I stay! But just think Jay should get two thumbs up for going above and beyond to help me

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber S
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
2 Thumbs Up indeed! Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I called on April 3rd to request rates for a month long stay. I told them the approximate dates I needed and Jay gave me a 30 day rate of $33 per night, he told me don't worry just call back as soon as you can confirm the exact date. I called back 2 weeks later to lock in the dates that were the exact same as I had given Jay. Nikki quotes me a price of $79 per night for a 30 day rental.
I told her about what I had been quoted she says Sorry, nothing I can do. Needless to say i found a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank David J
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
I'm so sorry you had this problem. Yes, it was a communication error. Our rates do fluctuate, I spoke with Nikki and offered a better response that perhaps we could have returned your call to work something out. If you have found a place you are happy with, I'm glad. If we can be of further assistance don't hesitate to call.
I hope you are enjoying your time in Myrtle Beach!

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I'm in myrtle beach for business and my team and I had a very good experience with this property. We stayed for multiple weeks and never had a billing problem, the service that jay gave at the front counter was above and beyond, and the rooms were very clean, nice towels, large fridge and the beds were great. This is my second stay here and I would recommend it to anyone.
All front desk staff were pleasant and smiley and offered new towels anytime needed.
Henry I
Las Vegas

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Henry! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We stive to give that service and appreciate when it's noticed. We hope to see you again and look forward to meeting any friends that come to Myrtle Beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach in 2011 for 2 days. The price was right and it was very close to shopping and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and accommodating anything extra we needed they provided without any hassle. The place is a little outdated on the inside but the bed was comfortable and it was a plus to have a mini kitchen in the room. We actually got in the pool it was clean and small but nice. Overall it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely keep them in mind on our next vacation to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kandria
SuburbanGM, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for choosing us during your vacation here Myrtle Beach, SC. I am glad your stay, at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, was very pleasent. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we have taken them into consideration. We have been working on our interior design and have recently order new Bedspreads and furniture for our rooms. We are elated to have you return as our guest, remember we offer weekly discounted rates, starting at 5 nights or more. Hopefully during your next visit, you will be able to stay longer. Thanks again and see you soon!!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I'm a frequent guest of the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Myrtle Beach. I love the location of this property, I can access everything on the beach around 15minutes or less. The staff is always nice and friendly, they always make me feel welcomed. Yes, the Suburban is not Ritz, but the staff does an excellent job keeping up the property. Besides, they usually have the best prices on the beach. The rooms are set up apartment style, with your own stove to cook, which always helps. If you are traveling on a budget, and need a clean place to stay, this is the hotel for you. If you are prefer, the Ritz, I suggest you pay for it, because this is not the hotel for you!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about the different rooms types. They rent nightly, weekly, and monthly so the pri...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SuburbanGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
GREAT! I'm glad our hotel was exactly what you need! We look forward to your next visit.