Booked via Booking .com and received a confirmation number, etc for a room. On arrival the desk individual at reception was very rude and said I we did not have a reservation. I showed him my printed out confirmed reservation. He rudely told me to call Booking.com and have them fax him for we were not in his computer. He was very rude and could have cared less. I went out to my car and called Booking.com who kept putting me on hold as my phone battery was dieing. My wife went in an spoke to reception also. Same treatment - rude. Finally the manager appeared. My wife spoke to her. She read our printed out Booking.coim reservation and gave us the last room in the hotel. The manager was very nice and helpful. However, we should have walked but it was getting close to a meeting time and we needed to dress. There were various people just hanging about the halls lottering as if on skid row. The halls looked as if they had never had a vacuum run over them. The floor of our room was filthy with bits of paper, lent, and ground in dirt over the entire floor. The carpets needed a steam cleaning. The place was filthy. We did not notice this mess until our return from our meeting. On our initial entry into the room it smelled heavy of a deodorizing spray which I am allergic to. The windows were screwed shut so the room could not be aired out. In the morning, following the hotels written instructions, we tried to return the key to reception but reception was closed. We slid the key under the protective guard so it would fall on reception's desk. It was early, 7:30 am. No one works that early do they at a hotel. Most frustrating was reaching reception ant the out the front door. The entire reception public area was covered with a large amount of vomit which had not been cleaned up for some time. Clearly they have no staff on duty at night or staff who cares less. This was a very bad experience not to be repeated. Booking.com's reviews and there booking system were big failures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suburban Extended Stay® Hotel in Myrtle Beach SC is conveniently located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, within walking distance of Coastal Grand mall and Myrtle Waves Water Park. This Myrtle Beach, SC hotel is minutes from attractions like the Broadway at the Beach shopping, entertainment and dining district, Ripley's Aquarium, the Carolina Opry and Pirates Voyage, which offers fun, feast and adventure.Additional nearby points of interest include:•Myrtle Beach Convention Center•Coastal Carolina University•Webster University•Brookgreen Gardens•Barefoot LandingVisitors to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina will enjoy miles of beautiful beaches, a variety of restaurants, fun-filled amusement parks, unique shopping, lively nightlife, adventurous water sports and lots of fishing. In addition, there are many golf courses located in the surrounding area.Business travelers will appreciate access to conveniences like copy and fax services.All guest rooms have all the conveniences of home, including spacious work desks, hair dryers, and kitchens with refrigerators, microwaves, two-burner cooktops, coffee makers, cookware and utensils. Guests of this Myrtle Beach, SC hotel will also enjoy having private voice mail and free expanded cable television that features more than 70 channels like HBO, CNN and ESPN. Non-smoking rooms are offered.Laundry facilities are located on the property for guest convenience. Economical daily, weekly and monthly rates are offered for added value.In the heart of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, you simply won't find a better value than the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. For a day, a week or a month, we are the perfect destination for business, relocation and leisure travelers. We have just what you need to make you feel at home and offer a great value over a longer stay. Book a room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suburban Extended Stay Of Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Extended Stay