“Never Again”

Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Within an hour of check in we had to be moved to another room . The first room had a strong Urine Smell & Heavy Black Mold in the Bath Tub . The 2nd room smelled better & had less mold . The Health Department should shut this place down . It is a health hazard with out question . I have stay in many places in this World & this ranks at the top 5 worst ever . The Staff are friendly & that is as good as it gets , it is all downhill from there . This property is filthy ...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gordon C
SuburbanGM, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us, we appreciate your comments. I apologize for the odor in your initial room, which caused you to move. I'm glad the clerk was able to fix that matter for you, immediately. I have spoken to my house-keeping supervisor about that matter, and are taking precautions measures to ensure this doesn't happen again. We have inspected both rooms you were in, for any signs of appearance of mold, no treatment was needed, but we will keep our eyes peeled for it, should it ever appear, we are prepared the handle it. Thanks again, for all your help. And again I apologize, Thanks and Have a great day.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I made reservations to stay here for a bowling tournament. The room had a kitchenette, microwave & a nice size refrigerator, which came in handy. The staff was great, they went over and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Nikki was Great & Sweet, Jay was very attentative and helpful. This hotel was close to everything (the Boardwalk/Beach, Broadway on the Beach, Restaurants and Attractions. The only negative thing was, the carpets could use a good cleaning, a bigger TV and a few extra updates, but other than that our stay was very nice and comfortable. We would definately come back to stay again. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ani C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in an efficiency king room, not much in the way of frills, but the bed was comfortable.
After researching multiple options in Myrtle Beach, the decision was made to stay here. After making the reservation at Suburban, we were inundated with condo, villa and cottage "deals". By the time you get to the bottom line on the "deals", the prices are not as good as they are made to appear. By the time you figure in cleaning fees, condo fees, booking fees, plus a couple more "fees", then add on some taxes, the vacation budget takes a larger hit than planned. This room has a kitchenette, small table and chairs, king size bed and a single occasional chair. Hopefully a trip to the beach does not include a lot of time planned in the room. Navigation to restaurants is easy, as is access to the convention center (approx. 2 miles). Staff is attentive to your needs, accessible by phone after 11:00 pm. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Doug C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked this room through Hotwire, (this is the first time I have ever used Hotwire, and believe me , it will be the last!), and now I know why it made their "Hot rates", that's probably the only way they can get people to stay there, trick them! The only positive was the girl working the front desk, she was very nice, even when she had to tell us that they were out of smoking rooms, they were out of rooms with two beds, AND they also had no more roll-aways. My friend and I ended up sharing a tiny "queen" (?!?) -sized bed in a tiny room. This is a "bare basics" type of place. No extras, no one even on duty at the front desk between 11pm and 7am to call if you do need something. (Oh yeah, we left @7:10 am next morning, and there were people lined up at the STILL CLOSED front desk.) There were stains on the carpet in the room, the shower looked like it had not been cleaned, and all the furniture looked like it came from a yard sale. Not only do they have tiny roomsk but the pool was tiny as well. Smallest I've ever seen. Did not know they made pools that small. I think the people in the room above us was moving furniture all night, at least that's what it sounded like, and there was noise and "partying" pretty much all night. If you want to take a flashback to college days dorm living, try this place! I won't be back! Hotwire's "shaded area on map" put it fairly close to beach, and guess what? It doesn't even have that going for it!

Room Tip: Go to a Candlewood or Mainstay if you are looking for a good extended stay type lodging.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank 318tracyb318
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked via Booking .com and received a confirmation number, etc for a room. On arrival the desk individual at reception was very rude and said I we did not have a reservation. I showed him my printed out confirmed reservation. He rudely told me to call Booking.com and have them fax him for we were not in his computer. He was very rude and could have cared less. I went out to my car and called Booking.com who kept putting me on hold as my phone battery was dieing. My wife went in an spoke to reception also. Same treatment - rude. Finally the manager appeared. My wife spoke to her. She read our printed out Booking.coim reservation and gave us the last room in the hotel. The manager was very nice and helpful. However, we should have walked but it was getting close to a meeting time and we needed to dress. There were various people just hanging about the halls lottering as if on skid row. The halls looked as if they had never had a vacuum run over them. The floor of our room was filthy with bits of paper, lent, and ground in dirt over the entire floor. The carpets needed a steam cleaning. The place was filthy. We did not notice this mess until our return from our meeting. On our initial entry into the room it smelled heavy of a deodorizing spray which I am allergic to. The windows were screwed shut so the room could not be aired out. In the morning, following the hotels written instructions, we tried to return the key to reception but reception was closed. We slid the key under the protective guard so it would fall on reception's desk. It was early, 7:30 am. No one works that early do they at a hotel. Most frustrating was reaching reception ant the out the front door. The entire reception public area was covered with a large amount of vomit which had not been cleaned up for some time. Clearly they have no staff on duty at night or staff who cares less. This was a very bad experience not to be repeated. Booking.com's reviews and there booking system were big failures.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C P M
SuburbanGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I apologize for the confusion at check-in, I can see how frustrating that could be. I'm so glad that you had a copy of your confirmation from Booking.com, because that aided me to check you in, and not have you wait an longer for Booking.com to fax the confirmation. Unfortunately, there were some communication issues, and without a confirmation number, we do have to call the 3rd party site to confirm your reservation, and price, which I honored as we discussed. I apologize for the desk opening late, whereas, when I arrived there was a huge spill of spaghetti sauce in the center of the lobby. My priority was to clean it before guest began to departure, I'm so sorry you had to walk past it, the spill took quite some time to clean, but I can see how disturbing it was, because it caught me off guard, too.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Bathroom smelled like mildew. At first i did not notice because when i checked in I was was sick with a head cold. The TV barly worked even after complaining about it twice. So glad I did not need the internet to complete my work because it was speratic at best. that was if i could even get it to conect at all. When i complained was told I am not having any problems my phone is working. The pillows where a joke i ended up going across the street to walmart and buying my own. I was on the round floor and they have the window screwed shut so you cant open it. What if there had been a fire i would have been trapped in my room.

I stayed 2 weeks. As I am working a temp job in Myrtle Beach. I thought of staying another 2 weeks and just changing rooms. Till i found out the price of the room would have been almost double to what i paid the first 2 weeks.

Also the noise level is OK if you are use to living in an APT. I thought there was an elephant in the room above me the first week.

The only good thing about the place it was right in the middle of the 2 locations i am working at.

Room Tip: If you are staying a extended time try Value Place thats where i am headed for the next 7 weeks
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 12trudya
Reviewed 23 January 2014

For the most part the staff was nice. The room wasn't as bad as it could have been but there were significant house-keeping concerns; coupled with guest loitering in the hallways and the inability of the house-keeping staff to communicate effectively. There was a giant dead silverfish in the corner of a picture frame and spiders were seen a couple of times. Everything was dusty and when I asked any questions at the front-desk there was no real dialogue. I did try Mama Mia's pizza at the recommendation of Guest Services and it was good. I think they are in the process of remodeling but the elevator was a constant issue.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Will W
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thanks for noticing our Good Intentions! I'm searching for that nasty bug...who does he think he is to crawl in there and ...well....sorry that we didn't see him and get him removed before you got there. We are continually working to keep the hotel clean and we won't tolerate those nasty insects.

Give us a call when you are heading back to Myrtle Beach, We would love to have you give us another try.

Thanks again,

Long Bay Resort
Long Bay Resort
#33 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach

Been to Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!