Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$58
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
  • Pool
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$113
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
US$207
US$178
Travelocity
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
1,900 results
All reviewskingston plantationthe manager's receptioncoastal grillmade to order breakfastwrap around balconycomplimentary breakfastapache piergated communitywater parkshuttle serviceocean frontsliding glassfitness centerlazy riverliving roomfamily vacationindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suite Myrtle Beach for 5 nights with my wife and 6 year old son. The stay was an award stay using Hilton Hhonors points.
ARRIVAL:
We arrived at around 3:45. They have a separate line for Hhonors check-in and homeowners ( Kingston Plantation). There was some kind of hold up in that Hhonors line so I went to the regular line. After about 5 minutes of waiting, an employee directed me to the information desk to check in there. Check-in was smooth and I was given a room on the 20th floor, which is the Hhonors floor. My Hilton Hhonors choice of beverage and salty snack (2 waters, Twix, Snickers, 2 Lays Potato Chip snack bags) was waiting in the room.
ROOM :
We had a 1 bedroom suite, with a king bed. There is also a sofa bed in the Living Room. The layout of the room is good, as the bathroom is between the living area and bedroom, with doors that can close off the bathroom from each of those rooms. So you can access at night without bothering someone in the other room. There is a balcony that can be accessed from the bedroom and living room. There is a small cocktail table, with 2 chairs on the balcony. The living area has a small table, with a wet bar area that had a mini fridge, sink and microwave. There is a safe in the bedroom closet. The TV's were flat panel and had PPV. The rooms definitely need updating as they are getting old and tired. Internet is available for $9.95 per day or $12.95 per day for 2 devices. My Internet was free for being an Hhonors Diamond member.
PROBLEMS:
We had a couple of small issues during our stay. When using the shower for the first time, the bathtub wouldn't drain. We called for maintenance, they responded within 10 minutes and unclogged the drain. On our second to last day, we had housekeeping service, but they didn't replace the tissues or shampoo. We called and someone brought the items within 15 minutes. One night while my son was going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, there was a cockroach in the bathroom. We killed it and didn't see any others for the remainder of our stay, but I didn't notify anyone about it.
PARKING:
One negative about this hotel is that they charge $7.99 plus tax per day for parking. This doesn't make sense, as it is on the Kingston Plantation and not in a city center or similar. This is charged even on reward stays. If you get back in the evening late, you have to sometimes find a parking space and park quite a distance from the hotel.
OTHER:
There are 2 pools and a splash park. The pools do get crowded, and there are "chair savers" that put towels on chairs to save them early in the day. They have upgraded the chairs around one of the pools to nice Tropitone chairs, rather than the vinyl slat chairs they used to have there and that are still by the other pool. The elevators can be slow and there doesn't seem to be enough of them, as there are 3. Many times the elevator was full going down and people had to wait for the next one. It is better to be on a higher floor, so you get an elevator before it fills on the way down. Breakfast is included and is a buffet, it can get very crowded later in the day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fligster
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Fligster,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. We constantly strive to better our service and our product and the feedback we receive from our customers is very important.

We value your business and hope that you will give us another try when you return to Myrtle Beach. I also would very much like the opportunity to speak to if possible; you can reach me by dialing the hotel directly.

Regards,

Erik Johnson
Director of Operations
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Took the family for one night while working in South Carolina. LOVED the ocen front view, the however many pools, the service, and most of all the water park for the kids. The restaurant downstairs was beautiful as well, and the staff went out of their way to get me a late night couple of milks for the kids. Stuff like that goes a long way to guests.

Rooms are spacious and views are great, but some renovations might be necessary in the near future. Bathrooms were updated and very nice- bed was very comfortable as well. Had an issue with the fridge that turned out to be our fault, but maintenance staff was there to inspect very quickly. I was very happy with this stay- used honors points which made it even nicer!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

***We stay here in July of 2009 not 2011***I love Embassy Suites and all the amenities they have to offer. This one in particular did not offer cook to order breakfast during buffet when my family viisted in 2009. The kid mini water park is great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank caparies4eve
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed here for a week in the main 20 story hotel just off the beach for a business conference so needed to stay where the conference was. The location is 5 stars but other areas could use some improvement. The rooms are spacious but could use some updating as they are starting to show their age (I'm guessing early 80's since last upgrade/paint etc) No bedbugs though there are two positive hits on the bedbug registry for this place...I looked hard and didn't find any evidence of any bugs period. I was really perturbed that they charge 9.95 a day for internet...come on even McDonalds has free Wifi. Parking is another 8 bucks a day that should be included especially when you are paying close to 400 a day. Something funky was in the shower drain and we had to buy bleach and pour a cup down each day to cut the odor of what ever it was coming up...(no traps??) The breakfast is a perk and was good...not great but good. 3 elevators is too few...should be at least 4 with some freight elevators for 20 stories. 5.00 for bottled water in the room...get real! That's 20 bucks a gallon... Needless to say I brought my own. Walmart is a couple miles up the road so you can stock up cheap and use the fridge in the room. When I come back to Myrtle I think I'll pick another hotel on the strip as the price for what you get is too expensive. They advertise 9 pools...only two arelarge and only 5 feet deep...the rest are kiddy pools or jacuzzis.

Room Tip: I'm sure you can do better if you look around.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan R
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear Jonathan:

Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay with us.

I am sorry for the issue you experienced with your shower drain. Our engineering department has already followed up and addressed this issue so that it will not happen again.

We appreciate your business and I hope that you will give us another try! If you do return as a guest of our hotel, you will have full access to the facilities at the Sport and Health Club, the Splash Pool Complex and the Hilton Resort next door. Thanks again for your feedback.

Erik Johnson
Director of Operations
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Returned after a 3 yr hiatus to MB. Then remembered why we love coming here. We booked via Hilton points & were upgraded to corner suite OF room although we did have to get manager's approval and waited add'l 3 hrs to get to our room. Only the bathrooms were completely OF-wall to wall 1/2 windows; w/a standing glass door shower, double sink & private toilet. Evelyn&Crabtree toiletries provided. Beautiful to shower while watching the surfs! Hopefully no one saw in?! Wrap around balcony gave us beautiful sun-rises (northview) from our bedrm & LR! Rollaway beds were actually comfortable. Small refridge/microwave/bar sink. Free-wifi & breafast buffet w/gold/diamond status. Breakfast was good, esp. their grits & oatmeal, made to order omlets were hit/miss w/the ingredients missing, but still ok. Eggs so/so; bacon great; sausage too salty; and biscuit & sauce-yum! "Order' COKE in the morning! Coffee is always good & fruits were fresh. If you arrive at the line 1/2 within closing, expect to wait, they start putting things away exactly on time (10am weekdays/10:30am weekends). Elevators were more problematic this year since we were in the middle flrs, needed to go up b4 going down. Pools were re-finished - but by midday, saw white foamy stuff in the pools (???) saw ppl cleaning pools daily in the early mornings; I took towels off the chairs after an hour if no one claimed it and used the chairs, esp ones under the umbrella. Waitresses took orders by the pools, didn't use the Kids' clubs/activities. Yoga on the beach near the steps @ 7am. Beach was really shelly this year w/hard surfs (Emily?) w/2 separate jelly stings; and sand fleas which gave (only) my son hives . Umbrellas not allowed past the lifeguard due to safety (someone died of heart attack due to EMS couldn't find the patient cause of the them), but they put the chairs/lifeguard station right at the water line, so plenty of space behind them &they space them further to allow for some private umbrellas to be in line. Used their shuttle service to Tanger, waited ~ add'l 20 min to be picked up in the heat, but still grateful for the service. Loved BATB & Barefoot landing. Tried Rioz steakhouse- pricey ($36) but WOW and Joe's Crabshack were very accomodating to my seafood allergy son by making sure everything is clean for him separately, only thing, their A/C is very weak. Golden Coral is just 'ok coral'. 9 Hole Golf was only $16 incl cart and an under 16yr old! Mini golf was more expensive w/$9pp after 6pm. In all, a great trip!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family