“Repeat stay but will look for better next time” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #14 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Repeat stay but will look for better next time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel rooms are showing their age. Although it is a non-smoking hotel, our room had just been smoked in and reeked of cigar smoke when we walked in. They reassigned our room. The free breakfast in the morning is great. The fact that you have to pay almost $10 day for internet and also pay $8 a day for parking is a rip-off. The parking is not even covered or adjacent to the hotel, just an open lot near the hotel. The access to the beach is super easy and one of the main reasons we stayed here. Overall, for the price you pay for rooms you should not have to pay extra for internet and parking. Even Holiday Inn does not charge that and their rooms costs way less.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear, Phoenix77:

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach! I appreciate the feedback about your stay and have addressed the issue with the smell of smoke in your room upon arrival. We pride ourselves on great guest service and clean and comfortable surroundings and I apologize that you had to experience this.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when you come back to Myrtle Beach!

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My family including spouse and teens spent Easter weekend here. The drive in was nice, checking in was easy, people were friendly. Our room was great. Most rooms face up or down the beach and beachfront is a lot more. We could see the pools and the beach. elevators were quick also. the rooms were just what one exects at Embassy Suites. Don't get too excited about happy hour. We had to wait in lines of 10 deep to get a watered down drink. the free appetizer was a big bowl of dip (yuck) and some junky cracker chip to dip in it. It was so disgusting. Breakfast was really crowded also and food was just soso. I've had better at other Embassy. Go at off times. Pools and poolside service were good. Hot tubs always full. If you don't mind the rows of highrises at Myrtle Beach not too bad

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vivianC
Dear vivianC:

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel and the excellent feedback. Even though Easter is a very busy time here at the beach there is no excuse for the presentation during our Evening Reception and the food at breakfast. I have addressed these concerns and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your business and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you as our guest in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife, 17 year old daughter and I just stayed 5 nights. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean, suited all our needs, and had a wonderful view for sunrises! The pool wasn't too crowded and the though it was windy a few days, the beach was great.
Breakfast good and the staff was welcoming. I book a round of golf at concierge, who was knowledgable and very helpful.
The nearby shopping and great restaurants were an extra bonus. We hadn't been to Myrtle Beach as a family, and this first (of many) trips was made very relaxing by staying at the Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suite Myrtle Beach for 5 nights with my wife and 6 year old son. The stay was an award stay using Hilton Hhonors points.
ARRIVAL:
We arrived at around 3:45. They have a separate line for Hhonors check-in and homeowners ( Kingston Plantation). There was some kind of hold up in that Hhonors line so I went to the regular line. After about 5 minutes of waiting, an employee directed me to the information desk to check in there. Check-in was smooth and I was given a room on the 20th floor, which is the Hhonors floor. My Hilton Hhonors choice of beverage and salty snack (2 waters, Twix, Snickers, 2 Lays Potato Chip snack bags) was waiting in the room.
ROOM :
We had a 1 bedroom suite, with a king bed. There is also a sofa bed in the Living Room. The layout of the room is good, as the bathroom is between the living area and bedroom, with doors that can close off the bathroom from each of those rooms. So you can access at night without bothering someone in the other room. There is a balcony that can be accessed from the bedroom and living room. There is a small cocktail table, with 2 chairs on the balcony. The living area has a small table, with a wet bar area that had a mini fridge, sink and microwave. There is a safe in the bedroom closet. The TV's were flat panel and had PPV. The rooms definitely need updating as they are getting old and tired. Internet is available for $9.95 per day or $12.95 per day for 2 devices. My Internet was free for being an Hhonors Diamond member.
PROBLEMS:
We had a couple of small issues during our stay. When using the shower for the first time, the bathtub wouldn't drain. We called for maintenance, they responded within 10 minutes and unclogged the drain. On our second to last day, we had housekeeping service, but they didn't replace the tissues or shampoo. We called and someone brought the items within 15 minutes. One night while my son was going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, there was a cockroach in the bathroom. We killed it and didn't see any others for the remainder of our stay, but I didn't notify anyone about it.
PARKING:
One negative about this hotel is that they charge $7.99 plus tax per day for parking. This doesn't make sense, as it is on the Kingston Plantation and not in a city center or similar. This is charged even on reward stays. If you get back in the evening late, you have to sometimes find a parking space and park quite a distance from the hotel.
OTHER:
There are 2 pools and a splash park. The pools do get crowded, and there are "chair savers" that put towels on chairs to save them early in the day. They have upgraded the chairs around one of the pools to nice Tropitone chairs, rather than the vinyl slat chairs they used to have there and that are still by the other pool. The elevators can be slow and there doesn't seem to be enough of them, as there are 3. Many times the elevator was full going down and people had to wait for the next one. It is better to be on a higher floor, so you get an elevator before it fills on the way down. Breakfast is included and is a buffet, it can get very crowded later in the day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fligster
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear Fligster,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. We constantly strive to better our service and our product and the feedback we receive from our customers is very important.

We value your business and hope that you will give us another try when you return to Myrtle Beach. I also would very much like the opportunity to speak to if possible; you can reach me by dialing the hotel directly.

Regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Took the family for one night while working in South Carolina. LOVED the ocen front view, the however many pools, the service, and most of all the water park for the kids. The restaurant downstairs was beautiful as well, and the staff went out of their way to get me a late night couple of milks for the kids. Stuff like that goes a long way to guests.

Rooms are spacious and views are great, but some renovations might be necessary in the near future. Bathrooms were updated and very nice- bed was very comfortable as well. Had an issue with the fridge that turned out to be our fault, but maintenance staff was there to inspect very quickly. I was very happy with this stay- used honors points which made it even nicer!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

***We stay here in July of 2009 not 2011***I love Embassy Suites and all the amenities they have to offer. This one in particular did not offer cook to order breakfast during buffet when my family viisted in 2009. The kid mini water park is great!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank caparies4eve
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed here for a week in the main 20 story hotel just off the beach for a business conference so needed to stay where the conference was. The location is 5 stars but other areas could use some improvement. The rooms are spacious but could use some updating as they are starting to show their age (I'm guessing early 80's since last upgrade/paint etc) No bedbugs though there are two positive hits on the bedbug registry for this place...I looked hard and didn't find any evidence of any bugs period. I was really perturbed that they charge 9.95 a day for internet...come on even McDonalds has free Wifi. Parking is another 8 bucks a day that should be included especially when you are paying close to 400 a day. Something funky was in the shower drain and we had to buy bleach and pour a cup down each day to cut the odor of what ever it was coming up...(no traps??) The breakfast is a perk and was good...not great but good. 3 elevators is too few...should be at least 4 with some freight elevators for 20 stories. 5.00 for bottled water in the room...get real! That's 20 bucks a gallon... Needless to say I brought my own. Walmart is a couple miles up the road so you can stock up cheap and use the fridge in the room. When I come back to Myrtle I think I'll pick another hotel on the strip as the price for what you get is too expensive. They advertise 9 pools...only two arelarge and only 5 feet deep...the rest are kiddy pools or jacuzzis.

Room Tip: I'm sure you can do better if you look around.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jonathan R
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Dear Jonathan:

Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay with us.

I am sorry for the issue you experienced with your shower drain. Our engineering department has already followed up and addressed this issue so that it will not happen again.

We appreciate your business and I hope that you will give us another try! If you do return as a guest of our hotel, you will have full access to the facilities at the Sport and Health Club, the Splash Pool Complex and the Hilton Resort next door. Thanks again for your feedback.