“Friendliest Service/Great Location”

Ranked #14 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendliest Service/Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites all over the United States and I have to admit, this was by far the best one. From the very first interaction at the Front Desk we were greeted with nothing but warm and friendly staff during our entire stay. The bellman that brought our bags up to our room actually had the ice bucket filled and waiting for us when we arrived at our room. He took the time to give a quick tour of the suite and even gave us a great tip about the AC. The staff in the restaurants were very accommodating and pleasant for 6:30 in the morning when we would go down for breakfast. The concierge was knowledgeable and friendly - definitely pointed us in the right direction for the best pizza in the area which made our 14 year old son very happy. The housekeeper who took care of our suite was awesome - even on the days that we didn't want service they always contacted us to see if we needed anything. The location was beautiful, we were right on the beach and had an amazing view from our room. I loved everything about this property and cannot wait to coming back again next Summer! I have already recommend this property to friends and family and we just got back from our vacation today!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side should be quieter and have no obstructed views. The South side faces the po...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Staff was superb! Arrived early- was able to check in at 8am! A waiter staff actually came up to me as I was holding my 4 month old and wiped her nose for me as I was attempting to help my 3 y/o daughter grab a muffin!!!
Location is wonderful. On the beach, close to shopping and eating. Also free shuttle to local places in case you don't want to drive.
Splash- great fun for young children- also had indoor pool for those cloudy days.
Only negative from a mom's perspective- no playground on site or anywhere close. Also, AC in room was loud.
Restuarant downstairs very reasonable prices for kids food and offers fruit plate opt instead of fries.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I've been coming to this property for 30 years, i.e. back when it was a trailer park. My parents now own a condo in the resort. It's one of the nicest properties in myrtle beach. Very nice landscaping, well maintained, nice facilities. The splash park is a huge hit with our little kids. The beach is wide and you can go walking in either direction for miles. Water is bath-tub warm in the summer. I live near Boston and I hate swimming in the ocean in the Northeast because I'm so well aware of what I'm missing out down South. Kingston is in a classier part of myrtle beach, far away from the honky-tonk "old myrtle beach". There are hundreds of restaurants along the main road, many family-style attractions like water parks, go-karts, etc. It's great for families. There's a nice public golf course literally across the street from Kingtson. On the down-side, it's relatively expensive. For the kind of $ you'd spend in a week at Kingston, you could almost take a trip to nicer beaches on a caribbean island with an all-inclusive. Since my parents own a condo, it's a dirt-cheap trip for us but I'd hate to pay $300+/night to rent their condo in high-season. My advice is to forget about ocean-front and get one of the condo units farther from the beach within Kingston. They're still part of the resort and they're still easy walking-distance to the beach. The hotel is reasonably nice but you don't have kitchen facilities and all of the on-site dining options are a ripoff. You'll need a car for a MB vacation anyway so it's not a big deal to simply plan to eat out alot but you can certainly save on breakfast/lunch by staying in a condo with fully-equipped kitchens.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Conway, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I love to stay at this resort, the people that work there are always so observant and always give you a hello and a smile.
I would love to stay here at least one weekend once a month, but unfortunately I have to pay bills just like y’all. My husband and I decided on a last minute long weekend staycation. The weather predicted was going to be beautiful. We dodged the bullet with the last two hurricanes so was ripe and ready for a nice break.
It was wonderful with the managers reception and lot’s of dining options close by as well as the breakfast buffet in the mornings with many items to choose from. If you went hungry it was your own fault. This buffet does not have the omelet station, but you can order from the wait staff your made to order egg dish of course complimentary.
The beach is one of the nicer beaches around. Good walking up and down. Shopping is to die for. The Tanger outlet is just a shuttle bus away also close by many other stores including Wal Mart if you want to get some snacks.
Looking forward to going back maybe soon!!

Room Tip: You can upgrade if space is available for about $5.00 a night for and oceanfront room, but the ocean...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank P D
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

On a recent trip with my girlfriend for a seminar we stayed at the Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation.

Plan was while she attended the seminar during the morning hours I could work online for the family business from our room.

Now while technically this was a Business trip for her we hoped to make it a nice couples trip for the both of us, something we don't get the chance for at home with our schedules.

While the room was nice enough for something as old as it is and we did have a decent view from the small balcony I was dismayed to find that 1. I had to pay extra for Wi-Fi service and 2. Shocked to find it was only available in the main lobby of the building.

Come on Hilton
The least you could manage for the prices you charge for rooms and amenities is to not have to make me work in the spartan furnishings of the building lobby with loud kids and dripping vacationers wandering through to get from the beach to their rooms.

Even Super 8 and Motel 6 have Wi-fi available in the comfort of your room at a fraction of what you wanted to charge.

Needless to say I got no work done but I enjoyed the trip despite the below fair Housekeeping service, shoddy dated furnishings and no Wi-fi.
Only saving grace was the nice pool and great ocean.

We only dined onsite once and being raised in a cattle growing area and now living in Texas I have to say I was highly disappointed in the quality of the meal at Omaha Steak House.

All in all if not for the sun,sand and warm ocean water this trip would have been a total waste.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear DLB53:

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with the Wireless Internet in your room and that you had to go to the lobby to gain access. We provide a wireless signal throughout the hotel for all guests to access from their rooms or any where in the hotel. Our IT team has gone through the hotel to make sure all access points and signal strength is adequate on all floors.

We appreciate your business and the feedback. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Erik Johnson
Director of Operations
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach
Ralegh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

After being upgraded (diamond member) they gave us a corner room on the 19th floor. Very nice view. We like this hotel and return every year b/c it's a great family atmosphere and it has enough to do to keep the kiddos entertained all day. We love the two pools and hot tubs and we still like the water park (although my 13 year old has outgrown it).
Everybody was very kind to us and helped us have a memorable time. Yes, it is an older property, but they have done a great job of keeping it up to date.
How can you beat free coctails for mom and dad while the kiddos get a Shirley Temple and free breakfast buffet? Very good value for the money. And you don't have to leave the property for plenty of things to do. Just make sure you visit after the summer months.....
I'm sure when it's full - it is probably chaotic.....

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel rooms are showing their age. Although it is a non-smoking hotel, our room had just been smoked in and reeked of cigar smoke when we walked in. They reassigned our room. The free breakfast in the morning is great. The fact that you have to pay almost $10 day for internet and also pay $8 a day for parking is a rip-off. The parking is not even covered or adjacent to the hotel, just an open lot near the hotel. The access to the beach is super easy and one of the main reasons we stayed here. Overall, for the price you pay for rooms you should not have to pay extra for internet and parking. Even Holiday Inn does not charge that and their rooms costs way less.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear, Phoenix77:

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach! I appreciate the feedback about your stay and have addressed the issue with the smell of smoke in your room upon arrival. We pride ourselves on great guest service and clean and comfortable surroundings and I apologize that you had to experience this.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when you come back to Myrtle Beach!

Erik Johnson